It happened...

ApolloMozart

Yes, get one fabricated from 10mm plate steel, don't buy an Oxford one, there's a YT video showing someone opening one up within 30 seconds, also a metalworker would only charge a few quid for a few bits of scrap, if you can weld yourself :thumb:

Can anyone recommend a wall anchor?

get something quite chunky, my father in law had a small one screwed to his wall, it was about 4 or 5cm tall and the same wide. It was just for his push bike and some little scrotes literally pulled it out of the wall. I have one like this attached to my concrete garage floor, it isn't budging.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRITON-BLACK-FLIP-GROUND-ANCHOR-MOTORCYCLE-STEEL-MOTORBIKE-FLOOR-LOW-PROFILE/263326206671?epid=1559983066&hash=item3d4f770acf&enc=AQADAAADAFjVrDbVsZ8oH%2F8PNHtt9VX4%2Fw7FZcmMuqsX8uaFEduVC29xuhGbchxqnPAVy%2F%2FcCzJCcoau4wR2iCFHw1E446vPQdR8zLKK4%2BZvHHqlNJ9eg0b0eEOv8evAf7bL1p5OPIJ9KRGW%2BFBb8u5R0AIxg%2BdV5aZHI51CENdblKOdG3dSKnjx4OmG8L72JwPfkV%2BLEKM4KfUL1w%2B15bBC7eeCI6a4zDGJNftGO3VnyWa1UGu6tE%2FTOYNdfbw9rGodudG7dxMTI90eFoTc3QGhad136Yq%2BMhirfCw7f0NWO3K1HzVjXQWMhjhksnKB4Sozf77Hi5cZ9WS%2FQWSZN5s7xzLpd18wv%2FKJ8XQ%2But6y%2BUr6NSQTaD1W%2Fdybsl8aFHA6ykpM4zu6ENmNIfinyII3ZP4kXHBJSDLeqHSq6JRhDjezJpIldmU7Ib8nZqXbJcF2sYXPVgW86Gw%2F0C%2FUcWAmjH6vhXZXh5zz0wgTNqPCkJBzfmX7PqAsaUTSlTmZ1vtfrZhpQ37KZjmwZtlekpC8j5rajOAxvTeZNYcd1E62aTQKhrIOKvxcuSGzHEqzfZzo37Mkg8F1Ww7XgpTRkjFeCp3c3Gjq2nsiHs1DljoD1TNkdKrWJxt38x7Fz%2FKumV2gTfJb7Lrj8Ei%2BT4vFoDeoM8OMXyO%2Fr6OJQR5pD48M8uV3THtbCYQ2qBpaziocCNdTkJqPvBr2yYUY96V2Zb0DAXsFLh1M0Rg88AfY1z0VVWAQc5p5FWxBVXB8ud%2FKszcDleiJYf2JQa0TumXDEBWF53IBMpbdtFocFtjywJF3XnYTWZWniDNY10I%2B4Vb5uOi86JOCDPttuwxRX5cJ8rqwg%2F7tXVQMDBANlCXhIC94W5MOAgaXGfWZGWX2ajI09VSWd86BsWh3ffQesVsTDCN84lsP2jU%2FOlUQqHIc33VYnUEJkQZZmHCKO8SiWHw4AixT1amDhXC17s2QJgBgQY8WI32pSPkT3j%2FnsY2NYr0Zl6EuPK%2BGdZ3vpybuRXfDy4A5Hg5SAg%3D%3D&checksum=263326206671904952a3f523420eb8ca492ff48cfc65

Any gate hinges are a weak point. Drill through both sides of the hinge and put a stainless steel bolt through with a locknut and then mushroom the end over. Nothing will stop them but it will slow them down.

Guest Richzx6r

Any gate hinges are a weak point. Drill through both sides of the hinge and put a stainless steel bolt through with a locknut and then mushroom the end over. Nothing will stop them but it will slow them down.

I don't have a gate so no problem there

Got a list of documents to send over, have all of them except service book records.

I was doing all the servicing myself, but kept accurate records of what was purchased and when installed/serviced, including the mileage when it was done.

Can provide loads of receipts (amazon, Sportsbikeshop etc), but not all of them. Receipts from local shops are long gone to the shredder...

Do you think this will reduce the payout?

Got a list of documents to send over, have all of them except service book records.

I was doing all the servicing myself, but kept accurate records of what was purchased and when installed/serviced, including the mileage when it was done.

Can provide loads of receipts (amazon, Sportsbikeshop etc), but not all of them. Receipts from local shops are long gone to the shredder...

Do you think this will reduce the payout?

If it's by post don't send any original docs.

If any of the service record is filled in I would give them copies and tell them the rest is independent mechanic and/or self service and leave it at that.

Gutted for you dude, I like Russian technology & have 8 different locks on mine including a massive chain & 2 medium chains, 2 alarmed disklocks, & a ground anchor. Plus a monimoto tracker. The hopeful effect that it's too much effort to cut them all. Hope MCE pay you soon

A friend of mine is welding a wall anchor, made from 10mm steel, in the form of a square tube 180mm long. It will be mounted using threaded bars, going all the way through the wall and secured inside the house.

Adding some fake bolts, to confuse the would be thieves.

Will be using a Oxford Nemesis chain, securing the "next" motorcycle by the frame and rear wheel.

Also planning to have a metal gate welded, and will install behind the wooden gate, so it's not seen from the road. Or should it be seen?

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd post an update.

Insurance paid, but obviously they deducted the excess and also took another £110 for not telling them that my wife was involved in an accident (not her fault). However, even after they deducted all this, they paid more than I was offered by the dealer for trading in the bike, so not too bad!

Spent about £600 on train tickets though, and had to suffer from excess of people and lack of space...

BUT, good things come to those who wait, and last week I took delivery of a brand new, blue NC750X with DCT gearbox, because I'm too lazy to shift gears! I very much like the more upright position, the more info on the "control panel" and the storage compartment.

AND, it costs only £15 a week in petrol to travel to my place of work! That is less than a day's train ticket!

Of course I am much more security conscious now, and have the following in place:

- decoy wooden gate with padlock (and security screws)

- hidden metal gate with a mortice lock AND a padlock

- 16mm chain that if affixed to a 10mm thick wall anchor with bolts going through the wall

- two Oxford boss locks

- two alarmed disk locks (one of them screaming randomly)

- no less than 4 CCTV cameras of sufficient resolution to see a bird s**t on a passing car number plate

- two baseball bats at the ready to be used when the next item on the list makes noise

- infrared motion detector with alarm inside the house

Hopefully that'll keep the thieves away. I do find it difficult to ensure all the locks and alarms are fitted and operational every day...

On another note, my insurance premium went up significantly... Paid nearly 4 times more to insure the new bike. I suspect this is both because of my claim and also because the new bike is new and more expensive...

This is it!

https://d27bj6iyeg9azx.cloudfront.net/prod/wp-content/uploads/sites/7/2016/01/2016-NC750X-Glint-Blue-Wave-Metallic-1.png

2016-NC750X-Glint-Blue-Wave-Metallic-1.png.823ffac00b026c0717157d7bac973dc4.png

Glad it's sort worked out for you. .pity you had to.lose so much cash .. but you got your bike and hopefully the petrol saving will reduce the insurance premiums. So wont be playing out much more cash than you used to . Nice bike too

A big part of security isn't just securing the bike.

How i like to put it is: If the thieves don't know where the bike is.. or that you have one. How can they target it?

Simpe answer: They cannot.

So.. have your eyes on the mirrors on the final approach to your home. if you suspect you are being followed then go round the block to make sure... and only arrive at your door when you are sure you are not.

If the bike is normally kept out of sight.. never leave it in full view. get it out of sight as quickly as possible.

never be lazy.. always put the bike out of sight. Don't leave it parked up outside on the road.

and so on.

I really like the NC and this makes you the 3rd DCT owner on the forum. :cheers: