Choice of several bikes

Mattt

Just sold my 125 commuter, the RZ250 ,and the SV650 are also both up for sale as well

Trying to find a bit of a do it all bike ,very occasional few day tour on the continent ,once a week commute, and a back road blast now and again

Been offered 3 replacements ,not ridden 2 of them yet

2004 CB900F4,with a few extras ,exhaust ,heated grips,friend or a friends bike

Father in laws Aprillia SL1000 falco,aftermarket cans ,excellent condition low mileage

And just back of a trip around France ,borrowed a triumph tiger 800 ,which he mentioned he might sell

Quite liked the tiger ,but its a bit big for a once a week commuter possibly ,the falco,although meant to be a tourer is quite forward leaning,similar i think to my SV,not been out on it yet ,or viewed the hornet

Been reading as many online reviews as I can find but ,just wondered if anyone has owned any of these and has any opinions on any of them ?,

Cheers

do you really think those monster bikes are the way to go just after coming from a 125, do you not think that you should build up to such bikes in a couple of years or so :?:

do you really think those monster bikes are the way to go just after coming from a 125, do you not think that you should build up to such bikes in a couple of years or so :?:

Read it again , he's got an SV 650 . Also had a 916 according to profile .

I keep a small bike just for the commute as its solid traffic ,and also easier to stay on when its icy ,snow and you stray off the gritted areas during the winter months,normally swap them out every 1 or 2 yrs ,ive sold the 125 and dug the Honda cub out the garage ☺

Hoping to get something thats a do it all bike,which is difficult I think , really enjoyed the trip last month on the Tiger 800

Good point though,I went from a Rd125LC unrestricted 21hp of course ,to a Kawasaki GPX750 ,now that was a big jump !

Do you do a lot of tight filtering on your commute? The tiger is around the same dimensions of my f700, which I use for commuting. It's perfectly doable as a commuter, however I don't filter in inner city traffic on it - mostly dual carriageway.

The turning circle of the falco would maybe be a concern with filtering in my eyes.

The tiger was perfect in France ,I dropped it back whe we got home ,and it was a bit wide for tight filtering, although ive been using a 125 ,and a cub 90 so been a bit spoilt !

• 2 weeks later...

These types of comments should be banned from this forum. We’re all bikers here, not the HSE haha! :thumb: :mrgreen:

These types of comments should be banned from this forum. We’re all bikers here, not the HSE haha! :thumb: :mrgreen:

Its fine ,valid points ,Ive added a FZ1n to the shortlist now though 😲

i would ban benign prosaicness comments too.. :stupid: