Husqvarna Svartpilen 401: is it a reliable motorbike?

pietrofrapoli

Goodmorning everyone,

I have been thinking to buy a Svartpilen 401, I really like the design and overall features of this bike.

I am just a bit concerned regarding reliability of a bike with so much electronics and also because its a brand new model, that has not been tested for long years yet.

I read online some problems regarding startup and shutting down of the engine while shifting down to neutral.

Final question is: is a bike that you would consider reliable?

I don’t have experience with Husqvarna: is it easy (and fair priced) to find spare parts?

What about so much electronics?

Many thanks to anyone who will reply to my questions.

Best

Pietro

I would think it will be fine, they make damn good chainsaws, can't see why a bike would be any different, don't be tempted to put a chainsaw chain on it though, won't help cutting through traffic :thumb: :cheers:

Everything I ever read about the husky 701 was enough to put me off ... but I don't know if the 401 is different. Its there a 401 forum where you can get an idea of the kinds of problems people run into?

Like a lot of modern bikes it's designed for riding on dry roads only. Take that out in the wet and you will end up with any crap that's on the road splattered all over your back.

I've a friend with a 701 supermoto, it ended up back under warranty for some major engine works. It's a husq, I wouldn't buy one expecting it to be reliable.

That would be the auto de-compression mechanism on the camshaft.. likely a pre 18 bike ..

I have a 701 .. they are "brittle" and take a lot of looking after.. high quality oil & service parts..

That is why I am worried about this bike, reading online review I ended up thinking it is somehow "brittle", easy to break little things.

You say also that consumes tons of oil?

Thanks

Surely it's got to be reliable , you wouldn't buy it on its looks ..... that's one ugly bike .

Looks a bit like one of those dogs that have had their tail chopped off.

That is why I am worried about this bike, reading online review I ended up thinking it is somehow "brittle", easy to break little things.

it needs looking after or yes little things will break..

You say also that consumes tons of oil?

Thanks

nope .. but the oil is extremely high spec. at £40 for 4 litres

look..... google the on line bike specific forums and look there .. you will find answers to your questions there .. every donkey and its dog will answer here but most are clueless as the are only repeating crap they have recycled from elsewhere.

Oh , that's a funny looking bike . What's it supposed to be then ? It doesn't look very off road capable and those tyres look unsuited to road riding. The front mudguard looks to be a mere decoration and the whole arse end is just missing.

PhotoEditor_20190621_173726194.thumb.jpg.1049dd1540e330034c318ec03cf982ba.jpg

Oh , that's a funny looking bike . What's it supposed to be then ? It doesn't look very off road capable and those tyres look unsuited to road riding. The front mudguard looks to be a mere decoration and the whole arse end is just missing.

Untitled.thumb.png.627de148b43bcdf08991d0bbb2b4ef24.png

• 2 years later...