Second Puncture in 3 Weeks

Lanceautoman

Went to try and fit my new H4 led bulb and noticed a screw in tyre. So for the second time in 3 weeks had to take the rear tyre off and take to SMD in Leigh (Wigan) to get it repaired. £14 so not too bad.

Pain in the arse but this time, luckily, the screw didn't fly out at 70mph+ on the motorway requiring recovery.

Do you happen to travel the same route that people use to take their old flat pack furniture to the local recycling center ? I've actually seen screws falling out of trailers on the London road in Coventry . I've seen the wheels fall off as well when someone dickhead has piled a small trailer with a ton of bricks and rubble .

I'm real fan of this stuff https://bikeseal.co.uk/.

Don't have to worry about taking a puncture repair kit or inflator with you. A permanent repair and no speed restriction afterwards. I just never worry about a puncture these days. The only thing you have to do when you get home is inspect the tyre for anything stuck in it and just pull it out. Job done. The website is a bit long winded and there's lots of stuff

to look at, but well worth reading.

Oh dear , not this again . This stuff is a bit like Marmite in that it divides opinions . One thing's for sure though, you wouldn't want to spread it on your toast .

Oh dear , not this again . This stuff is a bit like Marmite in that it divides opinions . One thing's for sure though, you wouldn't want to spread it on your toast .

What's your main objection about it? It's non corrosive to your wheels and lasts the lifetime of the tyre. If Honda dealerships are taking it up and putting in their customers tyres it must have something going for it. As for dividing opinions on here, isn't that what forums are all about?

What's your main objection about it? It's non corrosive to your wheels

That's what they tell you but unfortunately it's not true!

I have first hand experience of this and have had to replace a wheel because of it

I have first hand experience of this and have had to replace a wheel because of it

Did you use this product? Or should I say, did this product cause the wheel corrosion?

Did you use this product? Or should I say, did this product cause the wheel corrosion?

Not sure what was in it to be honest as it was in when I got the bike

I have seen enough of the stuff and won't be using it regardless of what anyone says about them all

People need to know that corrosion happens with these sealants whether this is different remains to be proven to me but I won't be testing it and to be honest it would be a waste of time proving it to me as I still wouldn't use it!

As I have said I have had issues with it in the past it also makes a bloody mess when changing tyres and as I do my own I don't want the crap in my garage for me to clean up :lol:

What's your main objection about it? It's non corrosive to your wheels and lasts the lifetime of the tyre. If Honda dealerships are taking it up and putting in their customers tyres it must have something going for it. As for dividing opinions on here, isn't that what forums are all about?

Forgive me but I'd prefer to take a back seat this time around . I really cannot summon the will to participate in this discussion again . All I will say is that if that advertisment does not resound with desperation I don't know what does. https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69685&hilit=Puncture+seal

So [mention]fastbob[/mention] and [mention]Stu[/mention] who've not used this stuff and refer back to old inferior products that used to corrode wheels, your comments really don't stand up.

For a company to make claims that it's non corrosive to wheels and then finds itself in litigation for false claims, do you really think they're that stupid?

So @fastbob and @Stu who've not used this stuff and refer back to old inferior products that used to corrode wheels, your comments really don't stand up.

For a company to make claims that it's non corrosive to wheels and then finds itself in litigation for false claims, do you really think they're that stupid?

Last word on subject . I most certainly HAVE used this stuff .

PhotoEditor_20190623_085939623.thumb.jpg.299b3cb92114124ac40f5b0e26dff1c5.jpg

So @fastbob and @Stu who've not used this stuff and refer back to old inferior products that used to corrode wheels, your comments really don't stand up.

Last word on subject . I most certainly HAVE used this stuff .

Really? Then what's your objection to it then? Somehow I don't think you have.

They wouldn't be the first company to make false claims and get away with it!

This stuff "may" last the life of a tyre let's say a year max before any problems arise and the majority of owners that would use this stuff would change tyres every year so never see a problem! The issue is no one knows and I aren't going to take the risk

Feel free to test it for everyone else and post your results but I for one will not trust a companies say so when they are just trying to sell it!

By the way the issue arises when you have bare alloy in the wheels so wheels where they are painted inside or lacquered won't see a problem! Mine had patches what wasn't painted and it was these patches that was affected the painted areas where fine

[mention]Stu[/mention] I'm certainly not a rep for this company :lol: I'm putting in the mix again because the OP was getting grief from punctures. I've talked to Honda technicians who know far more about bike products than I ever will, and they would not put the Honda brand at risk by recommending that their customers use this stuff. I've been at the roadside too many times in the past with a flat tyre and this stuff actually takes the worry out of that side of biking. I will gladly report back here on my next tyre change if there's been any deterioration in my wheels. In the meantime, when you and fastbob go out next, don't forget to take your puncture outfits and inflators with you. :D

P.S. and don't forget to stick to the reduced speed limits that your repair will have imposed. :cheers:

I’ve always felt uneasy about repairing/plugging bike tyres, so have usually done a temporary repair and gotten a new tyre instead, last one was a screw through the rear tyre in the middle section of a supercorsa with 500 miles on, I was not happy!.

@Stu I'm certainly not a rep for this company :lol: I'm putting in the mix again because the OP was getting grief from punctures. I've talked to Honda technicians who know far more about bike products than I ever will, and they would not put the Honda brand at risk by recommending that their customers use this stuff. I've been at the roadside too many times in the past with a flat tyre and this stuff actually takes the worry out of that side of biking. I will gladly report back here on my next tyre change if there's been any deterioration in my wheels. In the meantime, when you and fastbob go out next, don't forget to take your puncture outfits and inflators with you. :D

P.S. and don't forget to stick to the reduced speed limits that your repair will have imposed. :cheers:

I always carry my puncture repair kit and pump its stored in a place that is pretty much useless for anything else and doesn't impose on luggage space ;-)

I would rather stick to the limits imposed until I get a proper fix on it instead of not knowing I have had a puncture and relying on some sealant!

It's each to their own at the end of the day