Feet Down

One Ball 1971

Seem to be seeing it more and more these days.

Riding along with their feet skimming the road for miles on end and putting their feet out as they ride around a corner, as if to steady themselves. Do they not realise that if they do go down, it's more likely that your going to push their leg through their pelvis.

:roll:

Seem to be seeing it more and more these days.

Riding along with their feet skimming the road for miles on end and putting their feet out as they ride around a corner, as if to steady themselves. Do they not realise that if they do go down, it's more likely that your going to push their leg through their pelvis.

:roll:

A few less nobs on the road :lol: :thumb:

Who ? I presume you mean other motorcyclists . Any particular kind of motorcyclists ? i.e. what style of bike do these people ride ? I only ask because I haven't seen this at all . Maybe it's just one bloke who's footpegs have fallen off . 😁

Who ? I presume you mean other motorcyclists . Any particular kind of motorcyclists ? i.e. what style of bike do these people ride ? I only ask because I haven't seen this at all . Maybe it's just one bloke who's footpegs have fallen off . 😁

Yes other motorcyclists, mostly scooter riders (as in deliveroo etc) putting their feet out as they lean into a corner or roundabout. This morning (Thats what inspired me to write this post) I followed someone into Blackwall tunnel (Southbound, if that makes a difference) and all the way through (a good mile or more) skimming their right foot on the road. They must go through a pair of boots, shoes, trainers in a week. :D

Yes other motorcyclists, mostly scooter riders (as in deliveroo etc) putting their feet out as they lean into a corner or roundabout. This morning (Thats what inspired me to write this post) I followed someone into Blackwall tunnel (Southbound, if that makes a difference) and all the way through (a good mile or more) skimming their right foot on the road. They must go through a pair of boots, shoes, trainers in a week. :D

Wearing down their tread pattern, so that the footprints will be of no use, when on their crime spree :lol:

Never really understood this myself, when I’m out in the car or van I find myself saying pick your bloody feet up whilst they drag along 😡

Yeah me too. Only needs a lump in the road or something to hit their foot and it will break their ankle and probably knock them off.

Don’t know how many hours those are on their bikes or scooters, but when I did long rides, day by day, talking about 7-9 hours riding day after day, knees and hips tend to go numb or even painful. So stretching while riding helps a bit. Yes can be dangerous but when you don’t feel ur bum and legs you don’t thing about the risk so much.

Don’t know how many hours those are on their bikes or scooters, but when I did long rides, day by day, talking about 7-9 hours riding day after day, knees and hips tend to go numb or even painful. So stretching while riding helps a bit. Yes can be dangerous but when you don’t feel ur bum and legs you don’t thing about the risk so much.

Other option, ride a cruiser, you can stretch your legs, straight out in front :lol: :cheers:

Other option, ride a cruiser, you can stretch your legs, straight out in front :lol: :cheers:

I do. I placed engine guard bars most for that reason :booty:

Yeah I can understand stretching out but I see people just putting their foot out as they go around a roundabout.

Yeah I can understand stretching out but I see people just putting their foot out as they go around a roundabout.

They could have started riding trials bikes, when they were younger, and adopted the habit, of putting a foot down, while cornering :cheers:

They could have started riding trials bikes, when they were younger, and adopted the habit, of putting a foot down, while cornering :cheers:

Yeah that's a possibility :thumb:

Well I'll keep an eye out for this phenomenon . Way back when I got my first bike I couldn't afford proper motorcycle boots so I bought some surplus Russian army jackboots ( allegedly ) that had mini " horseshoes " in the heels . I used to deliberately put my feet down to make huge showers of sparks . Happy times .

Well I'll keep an eye out for this phenomenon . Way back when I got my first bike I couldn't afford proper motorcycle boots so I bought some surplus Russian army jackboots ( allegedly ) that had mini " horseshoes " in the heels . I used to deliberately put my feet down to make huge showers of sparks . Happy times .

Maybe it's just a London thing :)

The whole forum is going to be on the look out for the foot down phenomenon. The first person with a picture is the winner!! :D

Guest Richzx6r

I wojt lie on the ride down south on Friday and the ride back up I'd get to maybe 65-70 miles and my left knee would start to protest so I was riding along for a bit with my feet dangling to try and ease the pain

Wearing down their tread pattern, so that the footprints will be of no use, when on their crime spree :lol:

Ahhh, yes!

I think you've stumbled onto the answer.....

..... wearing down their tread pattern - because everyone knows that slicks are faster !!

😂😂

I see some riders do it but not around corners, I thought they where just stretching their legs. Even my motorbike instructor did it when he was training me, and he is a rider of 30 years experience and has riding badges from the army, and Police (high speed stuff). So he is pretty damn good.

Guest Richzx6r

Don't all the girls like a bad boy.....

Only did it because I was in agony after 60 or 70 miles :scratch: kinda sounds like time for something more comfortable eh.

Edited by Richzx6r

Ive had my leg out at times but usually its when my hip goes into cramp i put my leg out to ease it.

I shall need to look out for these others though and have a good laugh at them.

Look out for others, in case they trip you up :D