Feet Down

One Ball 1971

Ive had my leg out at times but usually its when my hip goes into cramp i put my leg out to ease it.

I shall need to look out for these others though and have a good laugh at them.

Look out for others, in case they trip you up :D

:D :D :D

Guest Richzx6r

Don't all the girls like a bad boy.....

Only did it because I was in agony after 60 or 70 miles :scratch: kinda sounds like time for something more comfortable eh.

Sounds like you need a cruiser!

I'm thinking about a 1200 tiger

Guest Richzx6r

I do see a lot of clearly experienced riders on large bikes (as opposed to scooters) leave one foot down for some time after they pull away. Madness, really.

It's just a sportsbike thing I think

I do see a lot of clearly experienced riders on large bikes (as opposed to scooters) leave one foot down for some time after they pull away. Madness, really.

It's just a sportsbike thing I think

Why, Rich?

I do it sometimes when I pull away not really sure why I just dangle my right foot till I'm in maybe 2nd or 3rd

I think its probably because we are concentrating on pulling away, changing up, road conditions ahead etc. The right leg is the lowest on the list of priorities.

I do it sometimes when I pull away not really sure why I just dangle my right foot till I'm in maybe 2nd or 3rd

I think its probably because we are concentrating on pulling away, changing up, road conditions ahead etc. The right leg is the lowest on the list of priorities.

It's the opposite with me, my right foot is on the back brake, my left foot is on the ground, and as i pull away, put my left foot on the peg ready to upshift :thumb:

It's the opposite with me, my right foot is on the back brake, my left foot is on the ground, and as i pull away, put my left foot on the peg ready to upshift :thumb:

Yeah me too.

When I was learning to ride it seemed like every junction was on a gradient, so always waited left foot down, right foot on rear brake. It's one of those things that I always do without even thinking about it.

I have noticed that sometimes in stop / start crawling traffic my left foot dangles, just skimming the ground - absolutely no clue where I picked up that habit 🤔

Cause that's the way your supposed to do it

Long time ago it was the rule that right foot must be always next to the foot brake and left leg on the floor.

At least in driving schools.

Of course we ignored it immediately after getting driving licence, don’t know why. Bad habit?

I saw one this morning!!!

On a 125, as he went round the roundabout in front of me, he put his foot out and then back on the peg once he'd straightened up.

He was probably thinking of his hero batty boy rossi dressed only in a thong .

On a 125, as he went round the roundabout in front of me, he put his foot out and then back on the peg once he'd straightened up.

I wonder if that is from a lack of experience/confidence, there have been times, when i felt a bit unstable, but managed to correct, without putting a foot down :thumb:

He was probably thinking of his hero batty boy rossi dressed only in a thong .

Thong or G String :D

I wonder if that is from a lack of experience/confidence, there have been times, when i felt a bit unstable, but managed to correct, without putting a foot down :thumb:

I would say lack of confidence, either in themselves or the bike.

I would say lack of confidence, either in themselves or the bike.

I'd agree with that as I believe it is a confidence issue, don't get me wrong, I do it sometimes myself as a form of balancing but I do get told off for that from my instructor. :oops: