Back narrow lanes.

newbiker90

Hi on my commute to work in the country side there is some back narrow lanes which are two way, and have they consist of really tight sweeping corners most of which are blind. I go around them about 30mph but I get cars stuck right up my arse. I even see on coming cars doing about 40-50mph cutting corners onto my lane, from my point of view its a deadly arse road and I am not sure why these w**kers are right up my arse. It is like everyone on this stretch of road has 0 hazard perception. But at the same time I feel pressured to go faster when someone is up my butt hole. How should I deal with this situation?

Sounds just like the Isle of Man....You're not doing anything wrong, sounds like you're riding pretty damn sensibly, don't let them pressurise into having an accident, keep doing what you're doing or take Beansie's advice and use another route.

Hi on my commute to work in the country side there is some back narrow lanes which are two way, and have they consist of really tight sweeping corners most of which are blind. I go around them about 30mph but I get cars stuck right up my arse. I even see on coming cars doing about 40-50mph cutting corners onto my lane, from my point of view its a deadly arse road and I am not sure why these w**kers are right up my arse. It is like everyone on this stretch of road has 0 hazard perception. But at the same time I feel pressured to go faster when someone is up my butt hole. How should I deal with this situation?

Dude, I won't worry about it, if you are riding at a decent speed when the road is straight and correct lane positioning, the risk is up to them if they want to overtake you, plus you seems to be going at the correct speed in entering corners, IMO whoever is riding faster than that is asking for trouble, especially on a blind junction!

Alright thanks guys, Ill just give them the :booty: hahaha, but yea today it was a bmw right up my butt for about 3 miles then we left the shitty back road and joined a 60mph long straight road - with no other roads joining this stretch, so you do not have to worry about cars pulling out on you. I hammered the throttle reached 85mph looked in my mirror and the little twat was a little spec, felt good. Then I slowed down to 60 :lol:

My commute is mainly narrow rural roads. You've got blind bends, bad road surfaces with broken edges, and nearly always mud and gravel. Dangerous for bikes but four wheels don't suffer the same.

I just slow down if they get on my tail. Let them past when possible and don't let anyone else dictate your speed.

Alright thanks guys, Ill just give them the :booty: hahaha, but yea today it was a bmw right up my butt for about 3 miles then we left the shitty back road and joined a 60mph long straight road - with no other roads joining this stretch, so you do not have to worry about cars pulling out on you. I hammered the throttle reached 85mph looked in my mirror and the little twat was a little spec, felt good. Then I slowed down to 60 :lol:

Do not allow another driver to dictate in any way how you ride . If you do , sooner or later it will not end well .

consider this

Blind bend

your travelling at 30mph

oncoming vehicle is travelling at 30mph

your combined closing speed is 60mph

jus because its nsl limit does not mean its suitable to travel at that ..

I never let the idiot behind worry me on a bike or in a car I keep slowing down until they get the message and slow down or overtake, if they do that's great because now you can follow at a safe distance, at their speed letting them take all the risk. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I never let the idiot behind worry me on a bike or in a car I keep slowing down until they get the message and slow down or overtake, if they do that's great because now you can follow at a safe distance, at their speed letting them take all the risk. :D

What he said ^^^

Pull over let them pass and follow them, match their speed at a safe distance, you'll soon know if anythings coming at them round a blind bend. :thumb: