Little run to Lymington

EX GASMAN

Good riding weather yesterday so we went for a little run down to Lymington on the Enfield. Great little bike plenty of power with 2 up but it does not like it much over 60 mph. Also it's a bit of a boneshaker and I don't fancy a longer run. Not a problem, I got it for a town runaround and it's great for that. I did notice the state of the roads, not had a bike for a few years the roads are much worse than before. I didn’t notice so much in a car. Lots of manhole covers dropped by several inches and potholes everywhere.

Good riding weather yesterday so we went for a little run down to Lymington on the Enfield. Great little bike plenty of power with 2 up but it does not like it much over 60 mph. Also it's a bit of a boneshaker and I don't fancy a longer run. Not a problem, I got it for a town runaround and it's great for that. I did notice the state of the roads, not had a bike for a few years the roads are much worse than before. I didn’t notice so much in a car. Lots of manhole covers dropped by several inches and potholes everywhere.

A fellow contributor on the ER5 forum has just done the North West 500 on an Enfield Himalayan and that doesn't include the ride to the start point. Maybe the Himalayan is a little less of a bone shaker. I'm off to do most of the NW500 on a Sportster with stock suspension on Saturday . Should be interesting .

We're going to have a look next time, fish and chips, a pint and a glass of wine £37 at the pub. :o

STREWTH :shock:

£37 Was that for both or each?

Sorry to ask, but if for one you have got the record (go on name), if for both it sounds about right for this area....

If each you did not pic the most expensive place I know of but you need to go to the IOW for that.

https://www.saltysrestaurant.co.uk/

"Traditional beer battered Cod & chips with our own fresh tartare sauce - Kids £8.00 Ladies £18.00 Gents £20.00"

Then the wine starts at £5 a glass (125ml)...

So count yourself luck it could of been £50 for the same thing :D

Without the ferry journey in Lymington I can find "Crispy battered fish & chips Smashed peas & tartare sauce - £14.50"

With wine starting at £4.40 (125ml) a glass.

So £37 is not that unusual round here anyway...

Hell the Chip shop on the High Street is £7 for fish and chips.

I love that area. It's on my to do list to round there on a bike.

This year its great for tagging pubs :wink: , sadly they renamed the Rose and Crown so I have to travel out the forest for that one :D

If any one wants a route I will supply one, 9 pubs very nice roads Sea forest and beaches all included...

A fellow contributor on the ER5 forum has just done the North West 500 on an Enfield Himalayan and that doesn't include the ride to the start point. Maybe the Himalayan is a little less of a bone shaker. I'm off to do most of the NW500 on a Sportster with stock suspension on Saturday . Should be interesting .

I did Spain on a sportster 2 up nearly killed us!

I did Spain on a sportster 2 up nearly killed us!

Thank you for those kind words of encouragement . 😊

We're going to have a look next time, fish and chips, a pint and a glass of wine £37 at the pub. :o

STREWTH :shock:

£37 Was that for both or each?

Sorry to ask, but if for one you have got the record (go on name), if for both it sounds about right for this area....

If each you did not pic the most expensive place I know of but you need to go to the IOW for that.

https://www.saltysrestaurant.co.uk/

"Traditional beer battered Cod & chips with our own fresh tartare sauce - Kids £8.00 Ladies £18.00 Gents £20.00"

Then the wine starts at £5 a glass (125ml)...

So count yourself luck it could of been £50 for the same thing :D

Without the ferry journey in Lymington I can find "Crispy battered fish & chips Smashed peas & tartare sauce - £14.50"

With wine starting at £4.40 (125ml) a glass.

So £37 is not that unusual round here anyway...

Hell the Chip shop on the High Street is £7 for fish and chips.

£37 was for both, and it's on the water front with good views. I don't think it is overpriced for the area and location, bit I'm on a pension now, so for a mid week meal on a bike run I can't justify the price often. We often get deals on Groupon and pay less for 4 star, although without the view. Anyway a bike of chips on the quayside with a can of beer can be good.