Honda Benly Cd125t 1995 fuel delivery problem

bingo trout

Hey , I have had the bike running for lets say 2 weeks without any problems after it was stored inside for 10 years or so , the main issue I have is that the bike wont start as I have turned the petcock off when i parked the bike , went to the pub ( only orangeenas no pints ) and then forgot to turn it back on when i set off again , it started first time and i went 300 meters befor it lost power and completly stopped , now will not start and I have only took the carburettor apart and cleaned 2 weeks ago twice , oil changed , fuel in the tank , spark plugs are fine , petcock is now on , so all the other stuff I have read online , its not that , this issue I belive is that there is some kind of air block , or something that happened in that short time , that now it stopping the fuel from getting to the engine , any help is apreciated , as this is my first bike and im sure its not a big problem , im just not sure how to clear it .

thanks alot , also it is turning over , no fire

Guest Richzx6r

If you can take spark plug out and put it in the plug cap turn the bikes engine over and with the spark plug thread on the engine casing see if there is a good spark, next port of call would be take off fuel line at petcock and see if there is fuel coming out when its turned on after that I'd check to see if the float bowls are filling with fuel

Might have air locked, take fuel cap off to help with flow, also get a rubber band or similar, and every time you turn off the petcock, wrap the band around your key as a reminder :thumb:

hey , thanks guys , I thought spark plugs where fine as the bike started 1st time on the button , and 300 meters later , it would not start , but if it is posible for spark plugs to be fowled in 300 meters then thats whats happened :D as both wont spark at all now , btw i think the air lock could still be another one of the problems , so will get back one spark plugs are changed , just seems odd , but anyway thanks :P

If the bike hadn't run for a long time it sounds to me like some shmoo has got lodged somewhere in the fuel line - maybe in the petcock.

Might be worth flushing it through ?

Or rust from the inside of the tank - does it work any better with the tap on reserve? Emptying the float bowls could also have sucked shmoo into the jets/emulsion tube. Is the bike single or twin carb? I have to ask because there is no such thing as a CD125T from 1995..

Guest Richzx6r

If the bike hadn't run for a long time it sounds to me like some shmoo has got lodged somewhere in the fuel line - maybe in the petcock.

Might be worth flushing it through ?

Or rust from the inside of the tank - does it work any better with the tap on reserve? Emptying the float bowls could also have sucked shmoo into the jets/emulsion tube. Is the bike single or twin carb? I have to ask because there is no such thing as a CD125T from 1995..

1982 to 1985 was the years wasnt it?

Nah I see now, pretty sure it's this guy and it's an import from, err, unspecified..

Looking at the youtube clip it is single carb so sadly that makes troubleshooting slightly more difficult. I'd still start with the tap..

Guest Richzx6r

Nah I see now, pretty sure it's this guy and it's an import from, err, unspecified..

Looking at the youtube clip it is single carb so sadly that makes troubleshooting slightly more difficult. I'd still start with the tap..

Fair enough, I'd suggest tap then plug

Thanks for the help , it is 1995 by the way japanese import , its a twin and also its not the tap or fuel lines as ive checked , its just like fuel is getting into the carb , but maybe somewhere in the carb there is a blocked pipe from where it was just running on air , which has then moved shict into place to block the fuel outlet within the carb, but I blew on all the pipes from the float so ? I think there is something stopping the fuel getting the engine , when I took the carb off , the end of carb which takes fuel and air to the engine was bone dry , I think the most possible thing is some air block in the pipes of the engine which is stopping the air from getting there , if anyone knows how to shift this ( maybe empty the tank and try and run it through ?) that would help as I have no idea really on how to do this . or posibly drip some fuel into the spark plug holes and try to burn the air out , :? not sure , thanks

also this is my first post on here im not djsalt , also I have befor the bike was even running I had cleaned out the tank and shaken it with nuts in like a madman , and It had ran for 2 weeks perfectly before this so , I have to emphasise the fact that It has only hit this problem with excesive air entering the engine , nothing els has really rocked this bike it has been going well

Guest Richzx6r

Firstly too much air entering the engine would just make it run lean which yes could have burnt the piston out but not in 300 odd yards, my new first port of call would be totally dismantled the carb as it sounds like the jets are block with crud and it doesn't take much to block them, if you can get a sonic cleaner use one as it will be easier than doing it by hand

As others have said, most likely a blocked jet in the carb.

Take the carb off, remove the float bowl and clean out.

Sonic cleaner would be best if you can access one.

Remove the pilot & main jets,remove the float needle valve and inspect for wear.

If you cant get a sonic cleaner, an airline to blow through the passages in the carb, reverse direction to flow so you dont blow any crap deeper into the carb.

I have an old Honda 125cc twin with single carb, very simple,nothing much to go wrong.