Eifel Mountains 2018

Bungleaio

I'm getting round to the footage, promise.. :oops:

I've sorted out and deleted all the really boring bits, now I just need to choose the best bits and stitch them together. Should be easy but.. Ehh.

Also phwoar look at that TRX! Seems so shiny from a distance :lol:

Great footage :thumb:

Is there a drone you can set to follow you from a set distance? I think a saw a bike (bicycle) gadget geek reviewing one.

The mavic will. But mine is the original so will likely crash into something...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Richzx6r

The Vercors.. where we went and Le Camping Moto, where we stayed was great.. but the roads were patchy at best. many were truly awful and extremely dodgy. roads masquerading as rivers of gravel.. some that went on and on and on and on. It was very much a last minute decision to go there.. the original intention was to go to the Austrian Alps. But.. sadly the weather over that side was awful and so to the south of France we went following the sun and heat. our experiences there made a return to the Eifel an absolute joy. Theres no comparison. Its definitely made me think twice about ever returning to that part of the world again. Though I would love to try for the Austrian Alps sometime in the future.. even the Dolomites. But our next destination is pretty much settled. 2020 and we will be heading for the Pyrenees or perhaps the Picos.

Well in 2020 I may be able to be persuaded to join you guys should there be a space for a tag along

• 3 months later...

Just tacking this to the end of Bungles thread...

One of the guys has had to drop out for this year and there is currently a room available at our hotel in Germany.

and, as if by magic. The room is filled and this post has been edited within a whisker of its pretend life.

Edited by Gerontious

That looks a bargain to me :thumb:, I am sure you will have no trouble finding a taker. Just a shame If it overlaps with a week in Brittany I have booked :crybaby: - maybe next time if you have space

@Gerontious who is the new candidate? Are they any good at writing trip reports?

He's a local from Nottingham and will be coming on his VFR I think. This isnt his first trip abroad or through the tunnel, so Ive nothing to worry about on that score. very keen, Told him the room at the schloss was his the moment he booked either his overnighter at Eureka or the Tunnel. he booked into the premier inn on the spot. Hes not a member of this forum. So, thats it.. we're back to a nice round number of 8. and in the nick of time too. 10 weeks today.

Guest Richzx6r

@Gerontious who is the new candidate? Are they any good at writing trip reports?

He's a local from Nottingham and will be coming on his VFR I think. This isnt his first trip abroad or through the tunnel, so Ive nothing to worry about on that score. very keen, Told him the room at the schloss was his the moment he booked either his overnighter at Eureka or the Tunnel. he booked into the premier inn on the spot. Hes not a member of this forum. So, thats it.. we're back to a nice round number of 8. and in the nick of time too. 10 weeks today.

If possible I'd like to join you guys on next years one though only if I manage to get myself a more comfortable bike as atm 80-90 miles is a push

If possible I'd like to join you guys on next years one though only if I manage to get myself a more comfortable bike as atm 80-90 miles is a push

Wont be doing this next year. what we have always done is, because the Eifel is a huge favourite, we go there 2 years in a row and then the 3rd year we go somewhere else. mainly so we don't get bored with the Eifel. a change of place.. something entirely different.

Next year my plan is https://tinyurl.com/y636txa3

We will be back in the Eifel in 2021 all being well.

Guest Richzx6r

Wont be doing this next year. what we have always done is, because the Eifel is a huge favourite, we go there 2 years in a row and then the 3rd year we go somewhere else. mainly so we don't get bored with the Eifel. a change of place.. something entirely different.

Next year my plan is https://tinyurl.com/y636txa3

We will be back in the Eifel in 2021 all being well.

That sounds like it's a pretty amazing experience so if possible I would love to join the time away with you guys