Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Following a learner on a scooter with their left indicator on for about 3 miles this morning, he/she was lucky no one pulled out on them :shock:

Didn't you try to warn him / her? :scratch:

Yes i did, flashed at them, made a blinking gesture with my left hand, completely oblivious, i was also in the car, so didn't want to get too close to them :thumb:

Four cyclists near Oulton Park this lunchtime. They spread themselves across a rural lane straddling the dotted white lines so completely blocked the road. I'm looking to give them plenty of clearance when passing so why deliberately block the road so the room they want is denied?

Guest Richzx6r

Four cyclists near Oulton Park this lunchtime. They spread themselves across a rural lane straddling the dotted white lines so completely blocked the road. I'm looking to give them plenty of clearance when passing so why deliberately block the road so the room they want is denied?

Well pass the with a few inches clearance its obviously what they want

Guest Richzx6r

Mine goes to the black civic driver on the southbound A1 about an hour ago who tried to overtake me in the gully between me and the central reservation......safe to say she didn't get passed and I decided I would gradually reduce my speed to 40mph as did and I'm shocked I'm saying this.....a BMW driver........we went side by side for a couple of miles till I got bored but best bit is the BMW's passenger got her phone out and recorded the civic drivers antics....

What a nob

They might have mistook you for Geofferz, and wanted you to spank their bottoms :lol: :thumb:

Me :oops:

My car is due its mot in a few weeks and the front right wheel has been squeaking for some time :lol:

Jacked car up and had a look under to make sure it was bearing and not cv joint (I know its usually clicking from cv rather than grinding but thought I'd double check) Not CV so ordered new hub for £35 (they come as an all in one unit, hub, bearing, abs sensor) and proceeded to fit it when it came.

Noticed when I was removing old hub that there was a metal shield that was bent and would of been rubbing on the brake disc causing the grinding noise :oops: Confirmed this by bending it out of the way, refitting wheel and no noise :roll:

I decided to fit the new one anyway ( yes I know you should do in pairs but as this is an a to b car that does barely any miles I thought might as well) as I had everything ready to come off. Fitted and all was fine, started engine and abs light came on. double checked all connections, light still on :? . Took whole hub out, cleaned up sensor ring (not that it was dirty being brand new) made sure it was all fitted in correctly and in right position, rechecked wiring plugs again and started car, still the light was on :oops:

I even got out my OBDII reader thinking it might be a code that needed clearing but no codes were showing :?

Came to decision that I'd have to play with it another day as it was getting late. Went for a quick drive around the block to make sure all sounded nice, got about a minute from my house and the light went off!! :lol:

As I have since found out, after fitting a new hub you usually need to drive a bit before the car registers a reading

Lesson learned :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I'll also nominate myself for a twat of the day award!

So I get to work and before putting parcels into the bags we have to scan them......I did not do this today, I was happily chatting away to a work mate and proceeded to just put them in a bag.....I hadn't even signed my scanner in to my route :bang:

• 2 weeks later...

Today's nob of the day goes to another motorcyclist.

The scooter rider who has, on more than one occasion, closely tail-gated me filtering through traffic from Holywood to Belfast. I pull into the lane to let him past and watch him go. His filtering technique can only be described as aggressive, maybe even reckless. Anyway, turns out he parks in the same place as I do in the city and must have arrived just a few seconds before I did so nothing really gained.

Nominated as nob of the day for putting himself in danger for negligible benefit.

HGV on the A38 approached a multi lane roundabout in the extreme left hand lane then decided he wanted to turn right half way round the junction. Ended up blocking the entire roundabout.

Foreign lorry??

It's really really common for foreign drivers to use the left lane on roundabouts regardless if which exit they need.

No idea why ( maybe lost, maybe confused, maybe different rules in their countries) but it's something we all need to be aware of and watch for.

Nutter on A1 who came to a stop to allow someone to turn across him the fecking prick.

What a fooking idiot

What he said ^👍

Knobs like that deserve to be rear ended by something big, heavy n solid - they would never do it again!

(Same applies to the tests that fly down lane 2/3 to avoid queuing then cut across for the exit ramp at the last moment, and stop dead in lane 1 while trying to force a gap in the queue on the slip road. ....funny how it always seems to be an Audi 🤔)

The Fiesta van driver who pulled out in front of me near J&S in Delamere this afternoon. I had a hunch he was going to do it as the Merc driver in front of him pulled across without checking and I thought to myself - that van is going to do the same.

Good job I did as I'd already hit the anchors before he realised I was there. From the look on his face I think he might have needed to go home for a change of trousers.

HGV on the A38 approached a multi lane roundabout in the extreme left hand lane then decided he wanted to turn right half way round the junction. Ended up blocking the entire roundabout.

Foreign lorry??

It's really really common for foreign drivers to use the left lane on roundabouts regardless if which exit they need.

No idea why ( maybe lost, maybe confused, maybe different rules in their countries) but it's something we all need to be aware of and watch for.

To be honest I didn't notice his plate, he was sideways across the exit. But that's a good tip to bear in mind.

Goes to the 2 bikes South bound on the A85 into Oban. First one passes cars on a double white. Second waits for a dotted line but does a really dodgy overtake. The cars were ok but the leading lorry :shock:

Goes to the 2 bikes South bound on the A85 into Oban. First one passes cars on a double white. Second waits for a dotted line but does a really dodgy overtake. The cars were ok but the leading lorry :shock:

There are double whites & double whites.

The use of these has increased to stop the terminally stupid trying to overtake in a distance their inadequate tin boxes have no chance of making - although it’s a traffic offence (if you’re caught, then tough shit ) there are many occasions a bike can make a perfectly safe pass, not that I would do that of course, oh no, that would be naughty.

Guest Richzx6r

Mine goes to the Nissan note driver who tried to join the a19 besides an hgv then decided that he would brake fairly hard while at 45 or 50 mph and joined in front of me then went straight to lane 2 in front of a cue of traffic doing motorway speeds and didn't speed up causing cars behind him to nearly crash.......knob

Mine goes to the biker on an Africa twin on Tuesday .due to some guy jumping /falling out of a van on the A470 taffs well Cardiff the cops shut the A470 off and made all vehicles leave the A470 to go thro a VERY small village so I followed this biker thro the traffic an up the slip road till we got to a articulated lorry and a van side by side so I could see the gap was not big enough for us both to fit thro as him and me has harndguards so we both stopped then after 10 sec or so the Africa biker started to edge thro the gap the van moved over a little bit as that ws all he could go so the biker kept on moving up the side of the lorry now the traffic was moving very very slow .so now it's time for the lorry to move 3 ft forward so now his harndguards are touching the side of the lorry and the van driver pulls in his mirror as the harndguards are touching his van never mind the mirror so then the lorry moves forward again and out 4 ft which now the biker is getting pushed in to under the lorry so now he starts to roll the bike backwards to wards me he cant back the bike back str8 so hes going.all over the place then the lorry moves forward again now the biker is level with the lorry back wheels NOW the lorry has not once moved to the right to make a wee bit more of gap he had about a foot before the kurb . Then the car behind the van drops back a wee bit so he gets the bike out from the gap starts backing towards me iv not moved at all so I have to beep my horn as he almost backing in to me then he stops pulls forward between the back of the van and the front of the car to go up the inside of the left hand lane which he cant cos the van now has mounted the kurb to stop him being squashed by the lorry so he is now stopped across the front of the car looks over his shoulder at.me and waves for me to have a go WTF I just.looked at him and shouted you got to be fecking joking you cant get up there theres no bloody way I'm even going to try it . So the gap now opens up as at.the top of the slip road it goes into 3 lanes from 2 so now he backs out and then.goes up the side of the lorry stops at the front of the lorry starts to wave his hands at the lorry driver while looking up at.him WTF . So then rides off my daughter who was on the back turned on the intercom and say did you see that yeaa I did why a nob .. also i got it all on film .

So i thought I'll download it and post it on here ... till I find there something wrong with my camera it's got it all but as its playing it goes fast for 2 secs plays normal speed for 3 or 4 secs then goes fast again. So I'm going to load it on to lap top see if it works ok or does the same thing..

The horse rider who allowed their horse to crap on a bend and then went off leaving a hazard on the road surface. If horse riders expect other road users to slow down to show them some respect they need to return the favour and clear up hazards they create on the public highway.

You hit a pile of horse crap at night on a bend and it gets interesting.

Guest Richzx6r

So my knob of the day goes to.....the spandex wearing moron on his racing bike who decided that the highway code didn't apply to him and rode straight through a red light and right across in front of me as I was just about to emerge from the junction so I slow down for him and then proceed to ride next to him and ask him why he jumped a red light and the response was his light was amber yet my light had changed to green about 5 seconds before I got to the line so his must have been red for at least 6 or 7 seconds before he got to it....maybe I should have riden in to him like he wasn't there :x

The lights are out of sequence, there's a traffic light controlled roundabout near me, and the lights are out of sequence, where approaching traffic will go green,amber,red, when it turns to amber, the waiting traffic lights change at the same time, and the waiting traffic can be on green, while the stopping traffic is still on amber :thumb: