Scotland

fastbob

Hello from the bonny banks of Loch Lomond . It has not been the best of journeys . I took the M1 and then cut across to Huddersfield and Halifax. The temperature was nightmarishly hot but I managed to keep moving . I then headed for Kendall but I just couldn't face the Lake district so I took the M6 to Gretna then the lonely and deserted B7078 . By this time it had gone really cold and there were pockets of fog forming . I joined the M74 but it was shut at junction 8 so I had to go on a massive detour to Hamilton . I'd had enough by now so I pulled into this Caravan and Camping Club site at Luss . It's a lovely site but the very small woman in charge is an utter c**t . I've had to practically beg for her to let me pitch my tent . I've had a proper telling off for not planning my journey properly . She charged me £22.65 to I gave her £ 25 and told her to keep the change . Thoroughly obnoxious little person . Apparently I'd arrived too late and everyone was asleep which is bollocks .

IMG_20190630_092528248.thumb.jpg.03d52441f0c03f70ac39118944710af5.jpg

Edited by fastbob

it is a shame when you get a little hittler in charge, chin up soon be on your way again :thumb:

I have walked the other side of loch lomond which i prefer way more than driving the side your on, i hate the a82 along the loch.

Hello from the bonny banks of Loch Lomond . It has not been the best of journeys . I took the M1 and then cut across to Huddersfield and Halifax. The temperature was nightmarishly hot but I managed to keep moving . I then headed for Kendall but I just couldn't face the Lake district so I took the M6 to Gretna then the lonely and deserted B7078 . By this time it had gone really cold and there were pockets of fog forming . I joined the M74 but it was shut at junction 8 so I had to go on a massive detour to Hamilton . I'd had enough by now so I pulled into this Caravan and Camping Club site at Luss . It's a lovely site but the very small woman in charge is an utter c**t . I've had to practically beg for her to let me pitch my tent . I've had a proper telling off for not planning my journey properly . She charged me £22.65 to I gave her £ 25 and told her to keep the change . Thoroughly obnoxious little person . Apparently I'd arrived too late and everyone was asleep which is bollocks .

When you leave tell her Andy Murray is a c*^t and poke her in the eye :thumb:

When you leave tell her Andy Murray is a c*^t and poke her in the eye :thumb:

Aye, that explains it, bad tempered cyclops :lol: :thumb:

Today you may get wet, although you have probably worked this out already

Wet I can handle but the fierce crosswinds on Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe were bloody terrifying . This holiday can only get better . Staying in Glen Nevis to recuperate. On a brighter note , the camp shop is selling off out of date Tunnocks caramel wafers for 10p each .

Today you may get wet, although you have probably worked this out already

Wet I can handle but the fierce crosswinds on Rannoch Moor and Glen Coe were bloody terrifying . This holiday can only get better . Staying in Glen Nevis to recuperate. On a brighter note , the camp shop is selling off out of date Tunnocks caramel wafers for 10p each .

10p Tunnocks, result! I sure hope you gave them a £2 and then cleared the stock out? :wink:

Hope you do manage to get round Skye bob, I went a few years ago and followed the A87 all the way to Uig and then followed the road all the way round clockwise back to Portree, considering I was camped in Roybridge (just a bit north from Fort William) and had to use the A87 to get there and back it was one of the best day's riding I've ever had. That was in April though, I hear it's a lot busier in summer.

I hear the west side is excellent as well, I'll be back to check it out at some point.

Glenn nevis campsite is good spot, not too far to the path up be nevis :D, if you turn right you pass the spot on the left where bravehart fort village was built, follow it to the end and walk a couple of miles and there's a nice hidden glen where some of Harry potty was filmed, on a good day you can see skye from top of Ben nevis, on a bad day you can't see your hands or feel them.....

Glenn nevis campsite is good spot, not too far to the path up be nevis :D, if you turn right you pass the spot on the left where bravehart fort village was built, follow it to the end and walk a couple of miles and there's a nice hidden glen where some of Harry potty was filmed, on a good day you can see skye from top of Ben nevis, on a bad day you can't see your hands or feel them.....

Stayed there last yesterday and last night . Wave after wave of drizzle or mist as the Scots would have it . The morning was better . A bit chilly and windy but just as I was putting the luggage on the bike the wind stopped and the midges went into mass attack mode . Now I'm at my favourite spot in Scotland at Back of Keppoch near Arisaig . I had a bit of trouble with the bike running rough but I've fixed it . One plug was fouled probably due to excessive slow running due to the ride up through Glen Coe . The rain and the side winds combined were truly terrifying . Anyway I'm just awa tae boil ma haggis the noo

15620054287252926011906673080889.thumb.jpg.4eb268ddda2a926720ba7411bbf17552.jpg

IMG_20190701_190558438.thumb.jpg.39745f56372422bbdccc23bd4a30096e.jpg

Very nice Bob, and well done for catching your haggis :thumb:

Ah well now , by a stroke of luck this one happened to get struck by a tour bus full of grannies so all I had to do was belt it one with a rock . The poor thing had strayed onto the road and couldn't get out of the way due to its asymmetrical legs . It tried to run but only succeeded in spinning around in a circle .

Looks great, been along time since I have been round there, are you off to skye next ?

I can see it from here but the sea is well rough . I don't fancy the ferry and I haven't booked anyway. If I do go to Skye I'll have to go back to Fort William and up to Invergarry.

A bit of a stressful day today after battling the wind and rain through Glen Coe the bike wasn't running right so I pulled the plugs and discovered that although they were the right colour they were encrusted with deposits . They cleaned up just fine . What I did discover was that the front one ( actually the good cylinder ) had no screw -on nipple and the plug cap was apparently not making proper contact. So I rode into Fort William , bought some new plugs and had a look at the lead . Luckily , what had happened was someone had pulled the lead through the cap and must have left the nipple off to get it back on . Anyway I fixed the lead and fitted the new plugs and smooth ( for a Harley ) running has resumed. I'm at Fort Augustus now having a rest . So much for " Accel Race Wires " Why didn't I check all this before I set out ? Who knows ? 🙄

IMG_20190702_140834850_HDR.thumb.jpg.dbcb512d4eb2b9a666ee42fb1dd0f746.jpg

Have a fantastic time. I hope you catch some nice weather while you’re here. You have a lovely bike big guy, ride safe and enjoy Scotland it is beautiful up here for sure! Dean

Midgies depends on weather, can start early but the frost kills them off, early spring any time at end of year after a good cold snap.

I wouldn't let them stop you though as long as you plan where you stop, plenty of places that ain't to bad, some with next to non.

I dislike the run down the east coast from John o groats to near Inverness it's flat and boring.

Today I rode up Loch Ness to Inverness and got caught up in the rush hour traffic . I was going to camp at Inverness campsite but another power crazed fart got on my nerves . All I said was " One person , one backpackers tent and a motorcycle please " but all I got was " You are NOT a backpacker , you will pay the full rate blah blah etc. " I didn't say I was a backpacker but I've already had my fill of this kind of person for one holiday . So instead I rode to Ullapool this evening . A bit chilly but a brilliant ride . I had the road to myself all the way. I just let the Harley purr away like a big tiger . I didn't look at the speed or the revs . I don't even think I changed gear or braked for most of the way . I'm definitely beginning to settle into this Harley way of biking , man and machine as one etc. etc. Sorry . Just had a haggis supper , watched the seals in the harbour and caught the sunset . This was a farmed haggis by the way . The elongated shape and the blandness are a dead giveaway .

Edited by fastbob

Midgies depends on weather, can start early but the frost kills them off, early spring any time at end of year after a good cold snap.

I wouldn't let them stop you though as long as you plan where you stop, plenty of places that ain't to bad, some with next to non.

I dislike the run down the east coast from John o groats to near Inverness it's flat and boring.

Not a chance of midges tonight , the wind is too f*****g cold for them . 👍

All this talk of midges amuses me. Midges very, very rarely bite me! :lol:

Sorry you seem to be getting all the horrible people on the camp sites this time Bob, some people are simply in the wrong job!