Spanish camping trip

fifthwheel

Hi all, this might make some good entertainment for the forum but I had an idea to take my solo camping gear to Spain this year.

To cut down on riding I have been looking at taking the ferry to Santander and riding across to Roses on the east coast.

But wait for it I ride a YBR 125 on learner plates, should I even consider it? john.

Hi all, this might make some good entertainment for the forum but I had an idea to take my solo camping gear to Spain this year.

To cut down on riding I have been looking at taking the ferry to Santander and riding across to Roses on the east coast.

But wait for it I ride a YBR 125 on learner plates, should I even consider it? john.

Im almost 100% sure that you cannot do this kind of trip on a Bike with L plates.

firstly.. L plates are not a 'thing' in the EU.. only in the UK.

You will at minimum need an A1 license.

You absolutely do not want to fall foul of Spanish police by riding a bike illegally. and with void insurance. Im pretty sure they will treat this as a criminal act and seize the bike and cart you off to a cell pending appearing before a magistrate. And the fine doesn't bear thinking about. thats assuming they let you off with a fine.

They probably wont even allow you onto the boat to Spain..

I've done a similar trip, I did it in 1 day I would advise 2 days but I'm not sure about a 125. Also if you're going to that side of Spain I would go through France. I have done both and if you go through France you save a lot on the cost of the ferry. I also think you we need a full licence.

John