First impressions after collection.

Ryan94b

Sooooo I’ve been to Bradford (1.5 hour drive away) today and collected my 2009 ZX6R.

All I can say is wow, I couldn’t stop laughing for about 5 minutes after I pulled away from the dealership. As this is my first big bike I don’t really have anything else to compare it with..but my lord it feels perfect.

The seating position is aggressive - but not uncomfortable

The power above 8k is mind boggling - but not unmanageable.

The breaks need a little getting used too as they’re strong as hell, every time I grab a little bit it feels like the blood is getting pushed to the front of my head.

The bike is clean, has a full pipewerx system with decat (sounds gorgeous) and is just a generally awesome bike.

At the present time I’m not sure why anyone would want anymore power than that... maybe ask me again in a couple of years.

:D

Lol.......i've been passed since March and already I have had an Yamaha r6 .....like you when I bought her I thought she was the dogs dangles........but soon got use to the power.....only had her 3 months now I've got her big brother........the daddy R1......welll all I can say is WOW.......600cc bikes like riding scooters

You sound like a walley saying things like that :tumble:

300bhp MotoGP sachsenring lap 1m.20.2s

135bhp Moto 2 lap 1m23.5s

Talking 3s a lap with top riders in the world on track with the 1k bikes having 160bhp more.

Most 1k have 65bhp more than my 636, I can pull all my mates at the lights cause I can pin it, they have to manage wheelies.

There is nothing in newer 1k and 600's other than massively illegal top end speeds that will get you banged up and banned.

Christ sometimes I feel like the ninja is gonna get me in trouble.

1k bike after a few months of riding is dangerous, I'm the guy who threw my 5jj up the road at 80mph round a bend into 5 cars after 6months riding.

Edited by Justarn

You sound like a walley saying things like that :tumble:

300bhp MotoGP sachsenring lap 1m.20.2s

135bhp Moto 2 lap 1m24s

There is nothing in newer 1k and 600's other than massively illegal top end speeds that will get you banged up and banned.

Christ sometimes I feel like the ninja is gonna get me in trouble.

1k bike after a few months of riding is dangerous, I'm the guy who threw my 5jj up the road at 80mph round a bend into 5 cars after 6months riding.

Don't think so mate......i ride to my ability thanks.... and 600cc to 1000cc are night and day pal.....

Just saying a as a road bike they are pointless, only any good for top trackday riders that have found the limits of a 600 and want more, even then they will likely be slower and have less fun on a 1k.

Just saying a as a road bike they are pointless, only any good for top trackday riders that have found the limits of a 600 and want more, even then they will likely be slower and have less fun on a 1k.

Pointless in wot way?...... more low down torque better handling........

My mates on the 1k can't leave me till 130ish on the straights... on track. Maybe 1-2 bike lenghts if we roll on in 5th from 50mph.

Thats is 2016 zx6r 636 and k8 1k gixxer.

Below zx6r Vs zx10r, both do 60 more or less the speed limit in 3sec so where is all that torque used on road.

Just like this.https://youtu.be/4OFqZLu1ujQ

You think better handling? It's a fact a 600 will hold more corner speed, you need to square of a 1k, stand it up on the fat bit and use the power. Totally different riding style.

What bike are you riding, what year R1…? Makes a big difference, the fancy electronics I agree give 1k a handling advantage on the very latest bikes.

My 636 does 73 in first and 60 just as quick as any 1k. It's all about rider on road mate.

Both will do sub 3s 0-60.

If your on about highly illegal riding on road yes it will, hence pointless on road comment. :thumb:

The r6 is known to be very weak mid range tbf, the 2013 on 636 are the opposite, for a 600 they have really good midrange.

I can pull my mates 19plate MV Augusta dragster RC in roll ons, pulls my pals k6 gsxr750 in every gear at any rpm.

My 636 does 73 in first and 60 just as quick as any 1k. It's all about rider on road mate.

Both will do sub 3s 0-60.

If your on about highly illegal riding on road yes it will, hence pointless on road comment. :thumb:

Oh.....my r1 does 100 in 1st......point?

Lol, he is trying to validate the point of a 1k superbike on road.... Lmao. It's only point is doing ridiculous speeds endangering family's going about their lives.

If you wanna do track days on it fair enough, if you've bought it to go on forums and tell the world 600's are slow and 1k are better for road use that's just silly.

Guest Richzx6r

Tbh as I'm sure most know I have a 2003 reg a1p 636 and I keep finding little things that keep me smiling like 4th gear.......it would seem I don't need any other gears as I can pootle about at 25-30mph but then within a few seconds of pinning the throttle I'll be doing upwards of 140mph as I found out the other day so I agree with you 1k supebikes on the road is pretty pointless as a 600cc will allow you more fun on the roads and not break the limits too much or too easily though it was very easy to do silly speeds on mine the other day

Justarn said “1k super bike” . Which is totally different to a 1k bike as In [mention]gsijay[/mention] your reply post.

Just saying.

Guest Richzx6r

Well everyone......Justran has spoken no one to buy a 1k bike......as 600 hundreds are better,quicker, that's it.......

No we are referring to sports bikes........they are pretty pointless on the road as you cant use them to anywhere near the potential they possess, other litre or bigger bikes possibly but you seem to be taking it to heart jsijay

:offtopic:

But

Interestingly in a group test by cycle world the 2015 R1 came last in the 60 to 0 stop test.

Best Panigale @ 117 ft R1 129 ft.

Well everyone......Justran has spoken no one to buy a 1k bike......as 600 hundreds are better,quicker, that's it.......

Don't take it to heart pal, I love 1k superbikes but can't be trusted to not end up locked up. Even the middleweight supersport "scooters" are bad enough. Maybe I'm just getting old;-)

Do some trackdays and it's totally worth it.

Are Africa twins etc pointless as well then , ask how many owners have gone off road on em...

600 is enough for the road but more fun than a 1000.... no .