Almost got killed

newbiker90

On my commute there's a dual carriageway and there's a stop light, and 200 meters after it the speed goes from 50 to 70mph, if you catch the light red you can have a 'mini' drag race :twisted: . Love those boy racers in 1.0 corsa's with drilled exhausts!

The other day i went in Birmingham and on the way there i took the motorway, i don't understand the urge of car drivers accelerating from the middle lane when i'm clearly trying to overtake them on the right lane while doing ~80. I mean my fazer is no slouch but why?

Simple, get faster bike, :mrgreen:

But he already has a Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L? Unless he's lying....on the other posts he wrote on this forum.

Its a crf1000l actually 2017 model. Yea I do not like the ebay ones they are cheap and probably will suffer from vibrations etc. Also I am not sure if they are the right height etc

Guest Richzx6r

Because 80 in a car on a motorway feels and sounds like 20, until the crash when it suddenly feels like 80 again

But its not actually speeding that kills its stopping suddenly and unexpectedly from whatever speed it was you were doing that kills

Because 80 in a car on a motorway feels and sounds like 20, until the crash when it suddenly feels like 80 again

But its not actually speeding that kills its stopping suddenly and unexpectedly from whatever speed it was you were doing that kills

The same is true with regards to jumping off tall buildings. It's perfectly safe. It's hitting the ground that's the problem.

Simple, get faster bike, :mrgreen:

But he already has a Honda Africa Twin CRF1000L? Unless he's lying....on the other posts he wrote on this forum.

Its a crf1000l actually 2017 model. Yea I do not like the ebay ones they are cheap and probably will suffer from vibrations etc. Also I am not sure if they are the right height etc

:lol:

So some guys doing 30mph in a 60 for ages and I was waiting for a good overtaking spot, finally I found a good one;

great view [check]

no junctions [check]

good enough distance to complete over take before oncoming cars arrive [check]

Off I go then, over take committed, he sees me coming so he decides to floooooooooor it all of a sudden?!

He had a RS6 so that thing also pullsss. I carry on committing because I can not slide in behind him as there is a line of cars behind us - at this point the oncoming cars are coming I had to hit 80/85mph just to complete the damn over take. I pulled in just before the oncoming car was going to wreck me - also the oncoming car had no intention of slowing down for me either, to make matters worse the RS6 saw the oncoming cars where getting nearer but he carried on accelerating.

At the time of my near death experience I was fine now I got home I feel shaken up and sick. Most importantly of all wtf was that guys issue?

So it's not just me these pricks do it to . Slow down make them pass you then you pass them.again this time kick the mirror of the car .

So your both flooring it and you can't pull back in because there is no gap because of all the traffic behind sorry just doesn't make sense

If I floor my fazer there would be a huge gap within 2 seconds.

BECAUSE THE PRICK would have slowed down along side the biker just the very same as he spead up as he was to pass him .

So he would have been stuck out on the oncoming traffic with with I have a very small cock sitting in his car looking at him doing a head on crash .so i would have done the same keep up the speed till you pass him pull in then smash his mirrors off .

My thoughts on over taking:

1) Always do it in gear with most acceleration as if they are going to race,

2) If they are trying to be a dick and race an in doubt drop behind car no 2 is VERY unlikely to be keeping up, will also see car randomly accelerating as an idiot and most likely let you in.

3) If they are BMW, Audi, Type R etc they will not let you over take without a fight (Audi's to the death).

4) If on or joining motorway with one being dick, hit 100+ for afew seconds then slow to normal speed 90% do not bother playing catch up. If they do they tend to keep going.

5) BMWS on dual carriageways wind them up let them over take run ahead at 100m slow down to your preferred speed (they normally do to) and watch for there sudden braking if they see a speed camera/ police car etc...

If they are an expensive car or of choice, Jag, Lamborghini, Maserati, Aston Martin etc be prepared to race with big smiles at the end no matter who wins, they are normally out for good old fun.

So your both flooring it and you can't pull back in because there is no gap because of all the traffic behind sorry just doesn't make sense

BECAUSE THE PRICK would have slowed down along side the biker just the very same as he spead up as he was to pass him .

So he would have been stuck out on the oncoming traffic with with I have a very small cock sitting in his car looking at him doing a head on crash .so i would have done the same keep up the speed till you pass him pull in then smash his mirrors off .

Nope. Sticking with my previous, there was no mention of slowing down, so now they are racing away and then slamming on brakes so the cars they left behind caught up. He did say he couldn't get back in because of the other cars not the driver

Who did what when and how is a load of crap cause non of us were there and for all I know the op dreamt it.

Aside from the fact that you're making assumptions, that's great advice for the many on here that are new, or relatively new, to biking.

Not :?

Maybe the OP could draw a line under this nonsense by editing the title to " Almost got MYSELF killed " 🤔

Maybe the OP could draw a line under this nonsense by editing the title to " Almost got MYSELF killed " 🤔

Or how about " Hobnobs or Digestives "

Too right , this thread should have been " Biscuited " ages ago . Which reminds me that I got ripped off to the tune of £4.60 for a small coffee and a miniscule sliver of shortbread at the Green Welly tourist trap in Tyndrum Scotland last week .

:mrgreen:

Too right , this thread should have been " Biscuited " ages ago . Which reminds me that I got ripped off to the tune of £4.60 for a small coffee and a miniscule sliver of shortbread at the Green Welly tourist trap in Tyndrum Scotland last week .

The best thing I had from the green welly cafe was a home made pie, it camecomplete with something very chewy, a full fingernail, I complained and said who was missing a fingernail ora finger, they said they didn't know as although it said home made on the menu they weren't actually made on site :o

The best thing I had from the green welly cafe was a home made pie, it camecomplete with something very chewy, a full fingernail, I complained and said who was missing a fingernail ora finger, they said they didn't know as although it said home made on the menu they weren't actually made on site :o

There are a lot of gangsters in Glasgow , well there's probably one less now . A case for Taggart I think even though he's dead as well .

There are a lot of gangsters in Glasgow , well there's probably one less now . A case for Taggart I think even though he's dead as well .

Wait, how did the chat end off dissing my turf? What did we gangsters I am weegie do to you!? :roll:

Just for the record, I'm no gangster.

I love that rednecks on the lights especially , just tease them, few seconds keep my revs high then you can see their eyes start blinking. On the green light I just set off normally and redneck will leave skid marks, I always home some police is around. That’s fun. :angel12:

There are many dickheads on the road. Having said that RS6 needs 4 seconds to accelerate from 30mph to 80mph. In 4 seconds pretty much any bike over 600 will do a ton if flooring on the right gear. Make sure you drop a gear before overtaking and try not to be mad on people.

He sounds like a complete nob head! Unfortunately we've all seen them, my advice would be not to put yourself at risk, don't be drawn into a race with him, wait until the traffic slows or the point where it comes to a stop, as it inevitably does, then filter past him and give him the finger!! I know how you feel though....

I know how you feel too, but that is the worst advice ever. You really don't want to be part of road rage between a bike and a car. Not to mention that giving the finger to a guy in similar case when overtaking a dick in sporty Merc may cause you to change your course and go towards the opposite traffic whilst flooring the gas. Which has hapenned to me, good news MT09 is very agile bike and changes direction back in lane fast. Anyhow don't go there :D