What is it??

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

Six spot Burnet moth.

Six-Spot Burnet (Zygaena filipendulae) Fosse Meadows (Taken 25.7.2010).jpeg

Cheers markw knew someone would be knowledgeable in these kinds of things :thumb:

New forest burnet -?

Or butterfly with red spots

Nah. It’s a moth. Butterflies wings closed at rest. Moths have them open. As in the picture above. :wink:

New forest burnet -?

Nah. It’s a moth. Butterflies wings closed at rest. Moths have them open. As in the picture above. :wink:

Here's a bit of entomological trivia for you: Technically there's no difference between a butterfly and a moth - it's an arbitrary distinction, as there is no characteristic that reliably separates all the 'butterflies' from all the 'moths'.

:D

New forest burnet -?

Here's a bit of entomological trivia for you: Technically there's no difference between a butterfly and a moth - it's an arbitrary distinction, as there is no characteristic that reliably separates all the 'butterflies' from all the 'moths'.

do mothballs work on butterflies :D

is there a clothes butterfly ?

These are the questions that need answering, dammit! I shall approach the Royal Entomological Society for funding first thing in the morning! Whaddya say - are you in?

These are the questions that need answering, dammit! I shall approach the Royal Entomological Society for funding first thing in the morning! Whaddya say - are you in?

As long as it involves beer and cake I'm in, ok i can forgo the cake but the beer is non negotiable, unless its substituted for single malt and shortbread :cheers:

As long as it involves beer and cake I'm in, ok i can forgo the cake but the beer is non negotiable, unless its substituted for single malt and shortbread :cheers:

Alcohol and cake - the basis of any decent entomology field trip. :lol:

I think alcohol may have been involved in the unfortunate reference I made to prostitutes in front of a load of eminent Brazilian entomologists on a field trip some years ago...

:o

Alcohol and cake - the basis of any decent entomology field trip. :lol:

I think alcohol may have been involved in the unfortunate reference I made to prostitutes in front of a load of eminent Brazilian entomologists on a field trip some years ago...

:o

If you ever need a pa (someone to encourage you to drink more ) I'm definitely in :D

If you ever need a pa (someone to encourage you to drink more ) I'm definitely in :D

That sounds dangerous, especially as I've done some pretty f*cking dumbass things stone cold sober! Collecting Africanised 'killer' bees in a jam jar from a tree stump in Kenya is one, and hunting for baboon spiders in scrubland infested with black mambas was another.

:angel12:

That sounds dangerous, especially as I've done some pretty f*cking dumbass things stone cold sober! Collecting Africanised 'killer' bees in a jam jar from a tree stump in Kenya is one, and hunting for baboon spiders in scrubland infested with black mambas was another.

:angel12:

I was bitten by a snake walking back from the pub in the uk :shock:

Oh dear - apparently I was supposed to be helping my wife plan our summer holiday whilst I was engaged in this conversation, and now she's stomped off in a huff. :oops:

Oh dear - apparently I was supposed to be helping my wife plan our summer holiday whilst I was engaged in this conversation, and now she's stomped off in a huff. :oops:

Ooppps

so what do you reckon you will get for tea hot tongue and cold shoulder :?:

Neither my wife nor I have the stamina to stay mad at each other for more than about ten minutes! :lol: