bike cutting out

yamidonkey

I have a yamaha ybr 15 which has had a new fuel pump and jet on it. I have had the bloke at the garage go round and round trying to get it to run properly for more than a few minutes but it keeps cutting out. He's convinced that it's losing compression somewhere but I have been told by somebody I believe to be knowledgeable that somewhere on the bike there will be a small black box with a spring in it and that if the box is knocked and the spring dislodged then this can cause the bike to keep cutting out does anybody know anything about this please

Well you learn something new everyday . I'd never heard of a lean sensor before. Maybe this will help. Apparently it's way cheaper to disable it than it is to try to replace it . I don't know if your bike has exactly the same one but have a look at this article .

http://www.yamaha-forum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=480 The bike probably is losing compression though . A lot of YBRs go this way . Never mind, it's an excuse to fit a Chinese 150cc kit .

nice 1 guys, now I know what its called I can phone the guy at the garage and make sure that he`s checked it.

What is a Chinese 150 cc kit and how much if I do need one?

Illegal if you're on Ls

Guest Richzx6r

nice 1 guys, now I know what its called I can phone the guy at the garage and make sure that he`s checked it.

What is a Chinese 150 cc kit and how much if I do need one?

Illegal if you're on Ls

Ahh it's just a minor technicality officer if you look really close it's a 125....it says so right there on the side of the bike