Who showed you how to shave your chin

BIKERDAD

:scratch: ok ok back to the start when I was a kid I used to watch my dad shave and like many kids i guess followed what he did . So forward 30 years I just stuck with what my dad did get on face then shave downwards then quick wash small amount of gel shave upwards . So over the weekend my son who's 16 was off out to a party so bathroom hogged for 2 hours lol . So as he was almost done I went In and he was shaving now he is blonde so I thought theres not much point son but leave him be .. then I see how he is doing it . He is holding his razor (gellett mach 3 thing ) and hes going up and down his face but NOT taken the razor off his face to go back upwards just sliding it back up. As the way I do it is down off face back to the top down again same with when I do it on the upwards.

So i said who showed you to do it that way he said his m8s . So ok so to day I thought I'll try his way and WOW I didnt have to do it upwards as I use the same type of razor and it's a very close shave ( sounds like a bloody advert now ) so how do you guys do it your way ..

Hate to shave, and I don’t if I don’t have to. After every shave my skin get painful and I get lot of cuts.

When on board have to shave, company policy so I use electric shaver, much better than razors.

If I have to shave with the razor, I will go just one direction up- down, no way contrary. :thumb:

Hate to shave, and I don’t if I don’t have to. After every shave my skin get painful and I get lot of cuts.

When on board have to shave, company policy so I use electric shaver, much better than razors.

If I have to shave with the razor, I will go just one direction up- down, no way contrary. :thumb:

You never actually answered the question?? :lol:

I was shown by brother who is a few years old than me.

You can't go wrong with a traditional razor. You only need one blade not 3 or 5 and the blades only cost about 10p each. Less irritation and ingrowing hairs. I may be biased as I sell them but they are the bees knees and way cheaper!

Screenshot_20180826-113908.thumb.jpg.5a53f2ebc9901847497c60c25cf3bad1.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

I'm same I generally can't really be arsed to shave and so far have about 3 weeks growth but its getting to the point her indoors is going to stop kissing me as she hates it when I'm not clean shaven

Self taught. I only shave once a week (sometimes less) and use a modern cut-throat/ straight razor. Simple, cheap, and doesn't clog. I have grown to enjoy the process of each shave, a sort of ritual that requires time and patience.

Love the turshish shaving bowl and rubberset style brush 👍👍

Brush is a Razorock 400, it’s synthetic and I was highly dubious about it. I got it thinking I’d stick a silvertip in it.

It never happened and it’s now one of my favourite brushes. :D

My old man had kicked the bucket by the time I started shaving so I figured it out for myself, which must have taken all of five minutes. :D

I started with some form of safety razor before graduating to an electric, which I used for about 20 years until it conked out. The advent of the waterproof shaver you can use with gel in the shower was a revelation! :lol:

I learnt by watching my Dad/Grandad but,

in The Army, in basic training we had a full

40minute lesson on how to shave! :lol:

I only shave every 2 to 3 days nowadays or if I'm going somewhere special

Well it's been a cupl days and still smooth . So I think I'm going to stick with this new way . One other thing I forgot to.add . When I was going up and down with the razor it didnt clog up like it used to when i was shaving one way . . Learn something new lol