Hello people.

little help here selecting new bike. I am torn between:

Yamaha MT10 £11,799 209 kg base 1400

Yamaha R1M £20,199 201 kg base 1405

Ducati’s Panigale V4 £19,495 198 kg base 1469

2019 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory £14,999 (£2000 discount) 209kg 1450 base

2019 Aprilia RSV4 1100 Factory £21,499

BMW S1000R £11850 202 kg base 1439

I have currently MT09. I have test rode MT10 and I like it, but although I like MT10 engine better then MT09, I like more MT09 steering more sharp, lighter (193kg wet) and more flickable despite longer 1440mm base, although on paper MT09 is 10kg heavier bike? Based on that which one of the above you will recomend and why? Do you think Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory steering will be sharper then MT09?

I also test rode BMWS1000RR old model not 2019 and do not liked it at all. The postion is unplesant to me. I am 6 foot tall it seemed cramped.

Edited by Valko

MT 10 .... then go spend the thousands you''ve saved on whores , drugs and shoes :thumb:

I will be buying it on financing, so no money left for whores , drugs and shoes :D

The thing that strikes me most is there are major differences in your choices. A naked and a "shit off a shovel" R1 for starters.

Is this because you are not sure of the type of bike you want?

I don't have experience with any so can't offer a lot of help really however the one thing I would say is ride them all and decide on the type of bike you want first. Then go looking for those options.

Happy hunting.

From all the reviews I've read aprilias tuono seems to be the best naked you can buy by a long shot, the reliability of European bikes although ok would put me off a little. Personally I'd have an mt10 sp with all the fancy bits,what are they circa 14k? In the r1m colours, yes thanks.

I ride with a guy on a 16 plate tuono factory and it's a very special bike thats for sure....

What about a superduke r? Very similar ratings to the mt10?

Are you ok on other sports bikes? If you don't like the position on the BMW not sure any of the others are gonna be much better, I recently got a newer zx6r and although I love it would I swap it for an mt10? heck yeah, wrists are aching after 80miles.

The thing that strikes me most is there are major differences in your choices. A naked and a "shit off a shovel" R1 for starters.

Is this because you are not sure of the type of bike you want?

I don't have experience with any so can't offer a lot of help really however the one thing I would say is ride them all and decide on the type of bike you want first. Then go looking for those options.

Happy hunting.

The problem is I want fully faired MT10. I really like to have sport touring bike. Which is very light with emphasis on sport. Based on that I will probably let go fairing and go for MT10 or S1000R. But then again I really like handling of MT09 and 10kg may seem nothing to you but really makes a difference in handling.

Maybe Tuono can be better handling then MT10? Will see.

I’m 6 foot 3 and ride a ZX6R like Justarn... I’m pretty okay at the moment with the seating position, but that could be because I’m only in my 20’s. As he also said above, all the sports bikes will have a very similar seating position, so if the S1KRR wasn’t for you, I doubt any will be.

Based on that you’re narrowed down to the naked bike. You’ve already said you liked the MT-10 but not as much as your MT-09. Why pay that much for something you don’t enjoy more than your current bike?

If it were my decision I’d go for the TUONO V4. They do have a lot more going on at the front than other nakeds and look pretty cool with an aftermarket wind deflector. The v4 engine is arguably the best sounding on the market and the the seating position will be sporty but not cramped like you find on full blown sports bikes.

TUONO 1100 V4 gets my vote.

If it were my decision I’d go for the TUONO V4. They do have a lot more going on at the front than other nakeds and look pretty cool with an aftermarket wind deflector. The v4 engine is arguably the best sounding on the market and the the seating position will be sporty but not cramped like you find on full blown sports bikes.

TUONO 1100 V4 gets my vote.

I found this review:

">

Reviewer Michael Neeves: The best road sport bike ever. If I could marry a bike it will be this.

Comments: "Do you Michael, take this Tuono to be your lawfully wedded bike?" "I do, I wheelie wheelie do."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve got the tracer 900 and after seeing the MT10 sports tourer has got me seriously interested, only thing I would do is take the panniers off until they were needed. When you list it the way you have you really can see how much you get for your money with the MTCAAFF40D-EF06-45B6-BDC6-A7BEA8AD984F.thumb.jpeg.2ad4f25191b5e5000eca9ab5e6c7e6a3.jpeg