BMW GS with X Drive

manxie49

Just came across this about the BMW Hybrid GS, I personally don't like the GS, I used to have one and it proved to be the most unreliable bike I ever owned, standing joke with my mates who always used to check I had my bus fair when we went out, I was probably just unlucky, this one looks quite innovative, looks pretty good as well if you like ADV's

https://www.bmwblog.com/2017/04/01/first-hybrid-xdrive-bmw-motorcycle-revealed/

As far as I can tell its an April fool posted to this forum 2 years late.

Wasn't an April fool at all, as I said it was something I came across that I found, as a former GS owner, interesting, I didn't even know BMW had been looking at making an X Drive version of the GS so though that others, who like me, who are not blessed with the ability, or arrogance in professing to know it all, may be interested as well ....

Of course it was an April fool. The story first appeared on the BMW group site and announced the world premiere of these new Xdrives on April 1st 2017.

If you want to announce something important, groundbreaking, a first in the world. Then April the 1st is not the day to do it. Even the most dry, humourless German publicity exec. knows that.

No such bike ever appeared. Then or up to now. Because it was a joke.

If you can't get that.. Then the joke is on you.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0269445EN/bmw-motorrad-launches-the-r-1200-gs-xdrive-hybrid-world-premiere-of-the-first-travel-enduro-featuring-hybrid-all-wheel-drive?language=en

Edited by Gerontious

Of course it was an April fool. The story first appeared on the BMW group site and announced the world premiere of these new Xdrives on April 1st 2017.

No such bike ever appeared. Then or up to now. Because it was a joke.

If you can't get that.. Then the joke is on you.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/global/article/detail/T0269445EN/bmw-motorrad-launches-the-r-1200-gs-xdrive-hybrid-world-premiere-of-the-first-travel-enduro-featuring-hybrid-all-wheel-drive?language=en

What I meant was it wasn't posted by me as a belated April fool joke, like I said, I don't profess to know it all, but if the jokes on me that's fine, I'm man enough to laugh at myself .... I can most definitely laugh at others as well though, so I suppose if you give shit you expect to take it as well