1250 RT demo ride

BabyD

This week I have got myself a FULL DAY test ride of a brand new BMW R1250RT, it would be rude not to do a few tags whilst I have it, see how it handles in the real world

Interested to know how it compares with the Multi. Always felt I needed a step ladder to get on the big Beemers.

It actually the same ride height with the standard seat, they do have a lower seat, but I’m told it’s only flatter & not lower.

.....how do you actually get a full days test ride??

By arranging it. The easiest way is when your bike is being serviced and you take a 'demonstrator' for the day.

But.. any decent dealership will offer a lengthy test with a bit of notice. Just as long as theres not a waiting list for the bike.. a waiting list of potential buyers.

I would laugh in their face if any dealer said to me.. "an hour". you expect me to spend £15,000 based on an hour.. you are joking!

Not sure about other makes or dealerships but some dealerships (Alan Jefferies for this example) will let you keep the bike for 24hrs (with as mentioned notice) I took the S1000XR out plus the R1200RS for a whole day each which helped my choice in the GS even though my mind was made up before I sat on them.

1 hour is useless.

Triumph were cool in the way they let me and my mate ride bikes and swap over mid way for a good test ride, but were tossers when we handed them back as I didnt fill it up the extra 100ml of gas from overflow!

Well??

what did you think to it? :)

@BabyD said it was this week but never said what day. Unless you know it was today!?? 8-)

He has posted pics on the challenge thread :wink: