Help starting Peugeot speed fight 2

BIKERDAD

I bought my son a Peugeot speed fight 2 50cc the seller said the battery was dead (was ) and the kickstart needs a new pinion. So due to not having it running I made him an offer and he said ok . He showed me that the engine was not seized and few broken clips holding on some the plastics . So i thought have a go .

Stripped all the plastics off cleaned them up ready to repair . Bought a new battery to try and start the bike and it's dead. So if ordered a new kickstarter for it . So in the mean time any help on trying to start this things I need to check . Thanks

I bought my son a Peugeot speed fight 2 50cc the seller said the battery was dead (was ) and the kickstart needs a new pinion. So due to not having it running I made him an offer and he said ok . He showed me that the engine was not seized and few broken clips holding on some the plastics . So i thought have a go .

Stripped all the plastics off cleaned them up ready to repair . Bought a new battery to try and start the bike and it's dead. So if ordered a new kickstarter for it . So in the mean time any help on trying to start this things I need to check . Thanks

I'd definitely strip and clean the carb as a matter of course on any non runner that has been standing . In the meantime I would work through it systematically to discover why it's dead . Stick some volts through the solenoid to see if it clicks , check all fuses , try putting some volts into the starter motor too . Check and clean all electrical connectors and investigate any bodges that might be lurking beneath the dreaded electrical tape . You could text the seller and ask them to come clean and tell you what's really wrong with it I suppose . Good luck.

Hi yes I put it on trickle charge and after about 20mins it was full charge . Iv taken all the electric tape off as some just didnt look right so iv been going thro the wires .. no clicking so iv bought a new one it be here in a few days . By then iv checked a few more bits .

O an a candidate for nob of the week taken all the bolts nuts screws off the bike to strip it down taken the engine case off so I can fix the kick start . Put all the stuff in a small box .

After washing all the panels down and wiping them dry I put all the rubbish in the bin . Yea you guessed it and the fecking wee box . So I need to buy all the small fittings .. .what a tit

:roll:

Did you try and bump start it?

20 mins to charge a new battery on a trickle charger? Seems a tad quick to me!

You say you tried the solenoid - did you directly connect the battery to the solenoid terminals? If no 'click', I would check again with a voltmeter across the battery as you do it - If the voltage falls below 12v - Your battery is not charged. if it does not fall at all, the solenoid is 'dead'.

Also, battery directly connected to the starter motor should cause it to spin (if not then either battery not charged or motor dead).

It is unlikely that all these 'faults' happened at the same time. Kickstart 'pinion' broken?? Must have been using it a lot so why? Maybe because the starter 'died'.

Bodged wiring - again why? Did the previous owner try to 'fix' the starter?

Rather than throw cash buying bits, I would strip down the bike and check all the primary wiring (Battery - Ignition - Solenoid - Starter motor ) first, then spark / fuel. Get it running, then check charging circuit. Finally secondary wiring (lights, horn, indicators).

Good luck.

:cheers:

That's my plan strip it right down . The last owner said the starter needed to be wired in .easy job so he was using the kick start instead he was a 16old living with his gran so I guess he just didnt know how to try and fix things . .

Iv got some new bits coming once I get them I'm going to try the starting process

At the moment I'm still cleaning years of crap off the bike . So far iv found mint paint work due to all the oil grease and shite stopping the water and the elements getting to the point work lol . Cheers guys

Ok my lads .. carb cleaned as much as I know about cleaning cards . New gas . Fixed the new pinions in . Lost the fecking circlip so put a wee washer on for now put it all back together on with new battery and kicked the starter and its ALIVE ITS ALIVE HA HA HA .. ok it starts and runs on the kickstart not the starter button sonic orederd a new solenoid as iv checked the wires and there ok so soon as the bit arrives I'll update you cheers all

Just a thought on not starting via the starter motor, are they like the old speedflights that you have to have front brake applied to make it start on the button

Every moped I have been on you have to apply the front brake to get the starter to turn.

WHAT THE FECK YOU HAVE TO DO WHAT aaaaaggghhhhhhhhh I did not know that aww flock a sporren

I stripped the starter today got it running as it was all clogged up run set of wires to the starter once that was turning set it up to start on the button nothing . As I need to pull the front brake . :hammer: :stupid: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Ok so I know now cheers I'm.songlad some ones mentioned that it might been good idea last week when I asked aaggaggghhhhhh lol ha ha God what a tit .. ok one more question on starting scooters .. when I put the key in the ignition I turn it and all the lights on the dash come on AND I can turn it one more time what's that ???????? Like when you start a car key in turn it once lights up then turn it again car starts ... but I can do this with the ignition on the scooter like 1st turn is for kickstart starting then turn it again thts for push button starting . Any help one that will be very very appreciated .. oo and how do I get the snapped off bolt on the ignition off so I can change the ignition to match the lock key for the seat .

OMG I need to pull the front brake agagggggggghhhhh if been pulling my hair why it wont start lol God this is so funny .. nob of the week for me I'm on a roll here chuck all the bolts then lose the circlip now pull the front brake ha ha :stupid:

Can we change this to I'm stupid ...

So much information this site gives out is amazing

OMG FECKING GOD I just went out to the garage wired up the battery pulled the front brake .. and it bloody started off the button ha ha ha ha so its 100% starting now .. pull the front brake ha ha ha ha what a tit ...

CHEERS GUYS .. God this is so funny

When I was riding my brother's 50cc scooter not long after I passed my CBT, I didn't know you had to pull the front brake to start it, I thought the battery had died so I'd called my brother to come get me to jump start it, I must have subconsciously held the front brake to start it earlier as I was in a supermarket car park during Winter when I "broke down". He never told me you needed to do that and didn't query it either as the scooter had been sitting unused for over 3-4months too at that point. I've never told him this, but amateur hour, I'll know next time. :lol:

OMG FECKING GOD I just went out to the garage wired up the battery pulled the front brake .. and it bloody started off the button ha ha ha ha so its 100% starting now .. pull the front brake ha ha ha ha what a tit ...

CHEERS GUYS .. God this is so funny

well at least you will know for next time :lol: