Clutch - Honda CB125F

SusieW

Hello and welcome . Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate there what with learning to ride your new bike and having to commute on it . Here's an idea . Why not take a day off from it on Saturday but on Sunday , weather permitting , get out into the countryside and take a really long ride out . Make a day if it and hopefully you will begin to relax and enjoy riding your bike just for the pleasure of it . As a byproduct , you will hopefully become much more in tune with the bike . Your actions will become more instinctive and you will return home a better rider . Works for me, even as an experienced rider . Whenever I change bikes I always try to spend a whole day getting to know my new toy .

If the thought of the countryside is too scary for you just now, you can always practice in an empty parking lot so that you can get used to the gear changes. I did that when I first started, I used to practice my slow control maneuvers late at night in Winter time when I started. But even late night is still quite bright in the Summer nights :thumb:

Hello and welcome . Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate there what with learning to ride your new bike and having to commute on it . Here's an idea . Why not take a day off from it on Saturday but on Sunday , weather permitting , get out into the countryside and take a really long ride out . Make a day if it and hopefully you will begin to relax and enjoy riding your bike just for the pleasure of it . As a byproduct , you will hopefully become much more in tune with the bike . Your actions will become more instinctive and you will return home a better rider . Works for me, even as an experienced rider . Whenever I change bikes I always try to spend a whole day getting to know my new toy .

I'll try that this weekend - I'm aiming to commute in for the first time next week. Everything crossed!

Thanks for all the great suggestions & advice!

I'm aiming to commute for the first time next week - I shall be sure to feed back on it (in the right place on the forum!) and I'm sure I'll discover I have loads more questions to ask.

Cheers! :thumb:

If you're coming in from the west and using the A4 the bus lanes there allow bikes. Be aware that not all of them are and central Bristol is a right pain due to all the 20mph zones. Good luck with it though.

If you're coming in from the west and using the A4 the bus lanes there allow bikes. Be aware that not all of them are and central Bristol is a right pain due to all the 20mph zones. Good luck with it though.

I'm travelling from N Somerset, so A370 Long Ashton Bypass and Cumberland Basin, into central Bristol. That's a pain you can't just use all the bus lanes. Cheers for the tip off, cos I would probably have just used them!