Cruise control test fault

colin stout

hi,

as my cruise control does not work, i researched & found the test procedure.

so.

fuse ok,

all micro switches - clutch switch & brake lights front & rear all do what they are supposed to

not checked the throttle one, need to pull it apart for that.

rear light bulbs ok.

cruise on, switch pushed forward, turn on the ignition.

Nothing.

I don't have the little red led light under the cruise switch, and the SET light therefore won't come on/off.

I haven't stripped the bike down yet, ( I only got it 4 days ago)

I am yet to check power supplies to everywhere, I just wondered if anyone else has had this?

hi,

as my cruise control does not work, i researched & found the test procedure.

so.

fuse ok,

all micro switches - clutch switch & brake lights front & rear all do what they are supposed to

not checked the throttle one, need to pull it apart for that.

rear light bulbs ok.

cruise on, switch pushed forward, turn on the ignition.

Nothing.

I don't have the little red led light under the cruise switch, and the SET light therefore won't come on/off.

I haven't stripped the bike down yet, ( I only got it 4 days ago)

I am yet to check power supplies to everywhere, I just wondered if anyone else has had this?

I haven't got a technical clue about your problem, but the one thing that struck me reading your post, was " cruise on, switch pushed forward, turn on the ignition." Just thinking that cruise unlikely to work until engine running and moving? I'm probably totally wrong, but I'm just relating it to stuff that happens on my bike and car.

This is the GPZ900r right?

I know the answer as I had one...

You ride until you're in the desired gear then roll the throttle towards you until it'll turn no more. The engine speed will increase until it makes a RAAAAAABRAPBRAPBRAP sound. Maintain the throttle during this time and presto, one steadily maintained speed.

yea that was the bike that changed the face of motorcycling, how many were there on the streets and where have they all gone I haven't seen one for a couple of years, the last new one I saw was in a bike shop in Castletown iom and it was there unsold for years