Traffic lights Gran Prix stories

Valko

Give me your best traffic lights Gran Prix stories people.

Here is mine.

The guy on oldish Yamaha R1 was riding very aggressive on today's commute.

I couldn't resist and smoked him on traffic lights Gran Prix. Whilst doing unintentional power wheelie. I am not proud :up:

He's gone mental afterwards doing insane speeds to catch up.

I let him go because the win was mine anyway...

The_Evil_Laugh.jpg

If I get someone offering for a race then my favorite thing to do is give every appearance of joining in - weight forward, hunker down, get the revs up - and when the lights change just poodle off as usual.

If I get someone offering for a race then my favorite thing to do is give every appearance of joining in - weight forward, hunker down, get the revs up - and when the lights change just poodle off as usual.

I did exact same thing a few years back. I've never laughed so much watching this dick nearly bin his bike.

Guest Richzx6r

Theres a traffic light controlled cross road on my commute and I don't do it to race anyone but I just can't help myself but launch it from the lights......brings a smile to my face every time and dont worry it's a 50mph limit

I got smoked big time by a BMW M5 a few weeks ago, then leisurely filtered past him stuck in traffic not 30 seconds later. I never saw him again.

Who smoked who really?

Guest Richzx6r

Hey the bike always wins......and this is an argument I repeatedly have with the wife.....these bikers filtering (the wife calls it weaving) :scratch: through the traffic and down through the middle of say the a1 when it is safe to do she just things its because we think we own the road......my response is no we dont own the road but in my experience its safer to filter and be ahead of cars than to sit in with the cagers.....rant over lol

Damn , that's what I used do as well ! Sometimes if there wasn't anything behind I wouldn't move at all for a few seconds . 😊 Of course nowadays I can't tell if anyone wants to race because my eyeballs are jiggling around in my head and I'm entranced by the strange , Keith Moon like rhythms that the bike is beating out .

Damn , that's what I used do as well ! Sometimes if there wasn't anything behind I wouldn't move at all for a few seconds . 😊 Of course nowadays I can't tell if anyone wants to race because my eyeballs are jiggling around in my head and I'm entranced by the strange , Keith Moon like rhythms that the bike is beating out .

Me too

I like pulling up next to pensioners in honda jazzes, hunker down, give em, the eye, rev like crazy, and peel off. I never get to see their faces but I hope it makes them smile.

I shall never forget the lady in an Audi who had been weaving all over the road to prevent me passing. At the next lights she floored it massively....and was going like a bat out of hell as she went past the speed camera 100 yards down the road.

And then I bimbled past her in the traffic at the next set of lights anyway.

I always chuckle when I pass that camera.

I like pulling up next to pensioners in honda jazzes, hunker down, give em, the eye, rev like crazy, and peel off. I never get to see their faces but I hope it makes them smile.

They're probably so outraged they drop their false teeth.

Two: near me there's a set of traffic lights with a speed camera outside a school about 100 metres away. Needless to say I don't speed in this area. On this particular occasion out of sheer devilment I pulled up alongside a BMW with no intention of racing. Naturally he thought otherwise, took off like a bat out of hell and promptly collected some points on his license.

The other was on one of these roundabouts with multiple traffic lights and 3 lanes. I was going right so was in the outer lane. Souped up Corsa in middle lane who was revving like mad. Our lights changed and off he went for about 50 metres where the next light was red so he braked hard. I sauntered up just as the lights turned green and left him for dead and I wasn't even trying.

Had a kid pull up along side me with his mates in some M Sport look a like. He starts revving his engine to get my attention. When I look over to him he asks if I think my bike is quick. I say it is. He then asks would it "mash" his car. I replied it would then give it full beans so it's bouncing off the limiter. I then make a big deal of shifting to first, getting over the tank and holding the revs a couple of thousand more than a I ned for a smooth pull away.

Anyway young lad falls for it and as soon as the lights change he's off and I just gently pull away in the wake of his burning clutch.

Went passed his 20 seconds later as he's stuck in a line of traffic.

Such a satisfying feeling.

I refuse to indulge in such childishness. But a Merc GLA220d completely caught me on the hop at traffic lights and they have impressive acceleration. I overtook a Tesla on the Cat & Fiddle and followed a Lambourghini Aventador which did some hard accelerations.

I don't usually bother. If some driver in a rubbish car revs his engine at the lights I usually ignore them. I mean, I know I'll win, so what's the point.

I had some fun a few days ago, though. I was sitting at the front of a set of lights and this young lad gunned his engine so I looked over, nodded, and hunkered down in full GP start line pose. I've no idea what car it was other than it was black and small.

Engines revving, the lights turned green, he sped off, and I turned left.

I guess he didn't see my indicator flashing.

I had a good chuckle at that.

Can never seem to get boy racers or owners of some such sport variant to indulge. Personally I reckon it’s because they’d rather not know just how slow there investment is.

Seem to have plenty of good hearted ‘sprints’ with other bikers up and down the A** in the morning and afternoon rush hour. Rarely come across another biker who wants to "win" for want of another word. Everyone seems to give it full beans off the lights and then people just know to take turns leading the pack, if that makes sense, backing off having a good nodding session and then going again with the odd wheelie thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, makes the commute more interesting. :thumb:

That said, the conversation at the next set of lights can be a bit of chore when you spend most of the conversation pretending to have heard what they said and just nodding and grinning.

This wasn't really any intention to race.

I pulled up next to a guy on some kind of huge Harley beast that was spitting fire and brimstone and emitting many decibels in that subsonic rumble range that you kind of feel more than hear. I nodded - said to him, that's a nice bit of kit, and then having spent so much time looking at his bike promptly stalled mine in 4th, which got stuck in gear, wouldn't restart and generally left me sat there like a muppet trying to get it into first. By which time the lights had changed and he'd disappeared into the wild blue yonder never to be seen again.

• 2 weeks later...

I filtered down the outside recently to the front at lights and was waiting in a lane which was straight ahead, or right turning, and filtered in if you went straight after about two hundred yards. The lad in the car to my left was some middle aged type in a Nissan leaf and I wasn't paying much heed til he, seemingly haven taking the hump, absolutely floored it. I was on a 140 bhp 1200, and he would have pushed me into the traffic island had I not absolutely redlined. Granted with hindsight, I should have pulled back, but I wasnt even thinking anything bar I'd accelerate away from the lights and off down the road.

Beware electric cars. They are very quickly away, especially with some irate oddball at the wheel.

(I'd add that in a car, it was only another few hundred metres to a long line of 30mph traffic on a 60mph road)

The funniest one I saw was at a set of lights in Bracknell the lights have 3 lanes going into 2 after about 100mt. I was second in the que, the front row had a Merc and 2 BMs one driven by a woman. They all looked at each and when the lights changed they all went for it. The Merc and 1 of the beamers got away fine, the woman did not she floored it totally lost control spun round and hit a lamp post, scraping the whole of the side. I arrived in my work van and stopped to see if she was OK, she was shaken but alright. She asked me if there was any damage as it was her boyfriend car I had a good look and said "yes a fair bit" then drove off, pissing myself laughing.

Wait till your reving the engine an moving the bike back and fro then the car next to you is reving looking at you you look at him and you could cut the tension with a knife between you and red red red green and you stall it car backed up behind you nothing in the right hand lane and bike wont start so you end up pushing the bike to the side the road while sitting on it trying to start it .. ... so glad that was not meni was on about it was my aamm m8 hmmm Jim yea Jim did that

Don’t normally indulge...but...

When I was 21 I was on Holiday in Limassol, Cyprus. Coming out from a beach turning, I tried to beat my mate off the line as we both had hired out DR125’S. I f*cked it right up and the front snapped up, followed quickly by me cutting the power, nearly falling off, grabbing the throttle and basically kangaroo’ing through the whole junction in front of lots of fit young ladies.

How the hell I didn’t bin it was a miracle. Must have looked like a right twat.

Funny now though :lol: