Completed my Direct access but got a green licence back?!

Hiley95

Hi all,

Recently completed my direct access course. Never driven a car. I was expecting a pink licence back with motorbike entitlement but got a green provisional one much to my disappointment, with full motorbike entitlement.

Is that correct? Has anyone else had the same experience where they’ve not passed their driving text but have done their bike one?

Feel a bit cheated that my choice of transport isn’t worthy of a pink full licence! Haha.

TIA

I had passed my bike test before i got my car licence , and I got a pink one back.

However this was 10 years ago.

Does it still have an "L" on the front of your licence? I'd give the DVLA a wee ring if I were you.

Hi all,

Recently completed my direct access course. Never driven a car. I was expecting a pink licence back with motorbike entitlement but got a green provisional one much to my disappointment, with full motorbike entitlement.

Is that correct? Has anyone else had the same experience where they’ve not passed their driving text but have done their bike one?

Feel a bit cheated that my choice of transport isn’t worthy of a pink full licence! Haha.

TIA

If it say "Provisional" and the letter L on it that is wrong. Do you have the one on the right side?

Picture-News-5.png