Large, quality backpack...any suggestions?

Kriega packs. Not cheap but neither is a MacBook. Designed for use on a motorbike and comfortable to wear. Come in the right size as well.

I’ve just had a look at Kreiga, this seems to be exactly what I’m looking for. Cheers [mention]S-Westerly[/mention] .

I only do about 50mile each way most mornings, and will be using the bike on nicer days. I don’t even get much traffic but it’s a good excuse Hahaa.

Kriega packs. Not cheap but neither is a MacBook. Designed for use on a motorbike and comfortable to wear. Come in the right size as well.

Was getting worried these weren't going to be mentioned!

I bought a Kreiga bag on a whim before two weeks in France on the bike. One of the BEST things I've ever bought for biking.

Has a inner waterproof bag (Great for the unpredictable weather), designated pouch to put in a water bladder if you want (which on the hotter days is Sooo nice :love: ) and so comfy, even for long periods of time which I've really struggled with in the past.

Massively happy with mine, So worth the extra cost.

Edit:

This was the one I bought.

But they have a good range.

Christ that's an eye watering price gin

:lol:

Was going to add, I got mine cheaper as I bought it from the dealership that was servicing my bike and they happened to have a few in.

Have a look about on Amazon, ebay, bike shop websites etc etc. You can find them LOADS cheaper :thumb:

I wouldn't even worry about getting second hand ones as mine then got used to carry all my uni stuff for a year, which properly tested the weight limit*, and it showing barely any signs of wear.

They're really well made, resilient packs. :D

*Old chunky laptop, 2nd screen, at least 3 engineering text books (normally more), bag of cables and power supplies, notepads and huge pencil case etc etc etc...

Guest Richzx6r

Was going to add, I got mine cheaper as I bought it from the dealership that was servicing my bike and they happened to have a few in.

Have a look about on Amazon, ebay, bike shop websites etc etc. You can find them LOADS cheaper :thumb:

I wouldn't even worry about getting second hand ones as mine then got used to carry all my uni stuff for a year, which properly tested the weight limit*, and it showing barely any signs of wear.

*Old chunky laptop, 2nd screen, at least 3 engineering text books (normally more), bag of cables and power supplies, notepads and huge pencil case etc etc etc...

All I use is a £12 rucksack from sports direct though I really don't like riding with a rucksack I much prefer a tankbag

All I use is a £12 rucksack from sports direct though I really don't like riding with a rucksack I much prefer a tankbag

I did 700 miles to Wales with a slightly more expensive rucksack (£20!) and it was perfect. Can't see the need to spend £200 on one...

I did 700 miles to Wales with a slightly more expensive rucksack (£20!) and it was perfect. Can't see the need to spend £200 on one...

Really glad for people who can find ones like this that suit them, it's great :D

I have to say that I tend to get a really sore left shoulder after a few hours on the bike with a normal rucksack, no matter how I have the straps set up. :( The Kreiga is the first one I've found where that sets in Way later (around the 5-6 hour mark).

Also I like knowing I can trust the waterproofing, especially when I have laptop etc with me! :shock:

Guess it's whatever suits you and your riding style :D

That’s what I thought but if it’s designed from the ground up for bikes, and it lasts, surely it’s got to be worth it in the long run? :oops:

Cheers for the advice guys, I’m going bite the bullet and get one. I’ll let you know how I get. Won’t be on the bike for a few weeks anyway but I like to be prepared!!

That’s what I thought but if it’s designed from the ground up for bikes, and it lasts, surely it’s got to be worth it in the long run? :oops:

Cheers for the advice guys, I’m going bite the bullet and get one. I’ll let you know how I get. Won’t be on the bike for a few weeks anyway but I like to be prepared!!

Like I say, have a look about and you're likely to find them cheaper :D Hope you find one that suits you!

Like I say, have a look about and you're likely to find them cheaper :D Hope you find one that suits you!

Cheers [mention]Gin[/mention]!! Fingers crossed something comes up on the bay!!

I love spending money, but I like value, so I say try a cheap option and if it doesn't work, upgrade.

This doesn't apply to my mechanical watch that tells time worse than my phone. Or my dainese gear that I'm sure is no better than Rst.

But I like spending money on those things. On a rucksack, less so.

Your choice.

I love spending money, but I like value, so I say try a cheap option and if it doesn't work, upgrade.

This doesn't apply to my mechanical watch that tells time worse than my phone. Or my dainese gear that I'm sure is no better than Rst.

But I like spending money on those things. On a rucksack, less so.

Your choice.

:lol: :lol:

For me, if it lasts and I’m going to use it a lot, it makes sense to invest! I didn’t scrimp on my lid, or any of my other gear! I’m hoping the rucksack is the final thing that I have to buy for many years, although hope is not a guarantee hahaaaaa. I think I’m going to get one, try it and then maybe review it for others who are considering taking the plunge and buying an extortionately priced backpack for their bike :roll:

Guest Richzx6r

I'd still go for the 120l Bergen personally, as it's only 30 odd quid and tbh I think it would be built to last a fair amount of time for the small price tag

Was getting worried these weren't going to be mentioned!

I bought a Kreiga bag on a whim before two weeks in France on the bike. One of the BEST things I've ever bought for biking.

Has a inner waterproof bag (Great for the unpredictable weather), designated pouch to put in a water bladder if you want (which on the hotter days is Sooo nice :love: ) and so comfy, even for long periods of time which I've really struggled with in the past.

Massively happy with mine, So worth the extra cost.

Edit:

This was the one I bought.

But they have a good range.

R30 - same as mine. Fantastic bit of kit 👍

• 3 weeks later...

My backpack finally turned up today. I went with the Kreiga R35. I haven’t used it yet and won’t be for at least two weeks but the build quality seems amazing!! It’s a lot of money for a backpack but if it works, I think it’s an investment well made. I’ll keep you updated with it’s had some use for anyone that’s interested. Cheers to the guys that recommended it :thumb:

My backpack finally turned up today. I went with the Kreiga R35. I haven’t used it yet and won’t be for at least two weeks but the build quality seems amazing!! It’s a lot of money for a backpack but if it works, I think it’s an investment well made. I’ll keep you updated with it’s had some use for anyone that’s interested. Cheers to the guys that recommended it :thumb:

It really is worth the investment. :)

I can already see from the build quality that this backpack was a good buy. Shame my tests didn’t go ahead this week!!

Guest Richzx6r

I can already see from the build quality that this backpack was a good buy. Shame my tests didn’t go ahead this week!!

:worthless: