Enduro School

manxie49

I’ve done the exact same one 4 times.

It’s a brilliant day.

You will have to have some level of physical fitness as it’s hard work - I found arm pump & sore legs a pain ( but then I am an old git )

You use all the latest KTM bikes ( you are encouraged to swap around to experience the different bikes )

They provide all the kit ( Helmets, shirts, body armour, trousers, knee armour, boots, gloves & socks )

Take your own pack up but nothing that will fill you up too much as it will make you lethargic & there is nothing dignified about scrabbling to get you helmet off as lunch reappears.

You start with a brief chat about what will happen During the day, intro’s to the trainers & bikes, & warnings about the consequences of dicking about.

1st off you will select a bike ( first come 1st served for choice so elbows out & a quick sprint will see you ok )

On a flat field you will show off your low speed control doing figure of eights & lock to lock circles, once they are confident you’re all ok then it’s off into the hills and a small motocross type track, you learn:

How to tackle steep hills ( up, down, across & turning on them )

Grass / mud

Ditches / marshes

Gravel / water

& loads of other stuff I’ve forgotten.

After lunch sometimes there is a split into two grips if there seems to be a skills gap.

The trainers are good, willing to answer questions & provide advice, always try to get in ear shot when they are explaining something ( not always easy with some of the inconsiderate bibs that attend )

It’s best with mates for maximum piss taking opportunities.

Do your best & you will love it.

It’s in the middle of nowhere so make sure you know where you're going before hand as the signs aren’t great.

Think that’s all !!

I’ve done the exact same one 4 times.

It’s a brilliant day.

You will have to have some level of physical fitness as it’s hard work - I found arm pump & sore legs a pain ( but then I am an old git )

You use all the latest KTM bikes ( you are encouraged to swap around to experience the different bikes )

They provide all the kit ( Helmets, shirts, body armour, trousers, knee armour, boots, gloves & socks )

Take your own pack up but nothing that will fill you up too much as it will make you lethargic & there is nothing dignified about scrabbling to get you helmet off as lunch reappears.

You start with a brief chat about what will happen During the day, intro’s to the trainers & bikes, & warnings about the consequences of dicking about.

1st off you will select a bike ( first come 1st served for choice so elbows out & a quick sprint will see you ok )

On a flat field you will show off your low speed control doing figure of eights & lock to lock circles, once they are confident you’re all ok then it’s off into the hills and a small motocross type track, you learn:

How to tackle steep hills ( up, down, across & turning on them )

Grass / mud

Ditches / marshes

Gravel / water

& loads of other stuff I’ve forgotten.

After lunch sometimes there is a split into two grips if there seems to be a skills gap.

The trainers are good, willing to answer questions & provide advice, always try to get in ear shot when they are explaining something ( not always easy with some of the inconsiderate bibs that attend )

It’s best with mates for maximum piss taking opportunities.

Do your best & you will love it.

It’s in the middle of nowhere so make sure you know where you're going before hand as the signs aren’t great.

Think that’s all !!

Cheers Mickly that's absolutely brilliant, sound like just the place, me and a couple of mates are looking at going in September, we were looking for somewhere in Cumbria when we came across this school, from what you said it sounds just the job, thanks for your thorough review of the place, its made my mind up for me :cheers:

I did the Mick Extance experience in Wales earlier this month - brilliant fun!

All the chaps there are very friendly and knowledgable, Mick himself was teaching the group along with other very good riders.

Defo would recommend.

Looking to go again soon!

All the chaps there are very friendly and knowledgable, Mick himself was teaching the group along with other very good riders.

Defo would recommend.

Cheers Kikesin sounds like it could be all part of a fun weekend with friends

Defo would recommend.

It was so much fun! Most fun I've had on a bike thats for sure.

I went with 2 buddies, our first time off-road. 1 of them couldn't even ride a bike before he got there! Had a massive grin at the end of the day :D

It's £240 for the whole day, they provide all the riding kit etc you just need to turn up at 9am!

They have a lot of dates available as they do this day in day out.

I'm hoping to go again in September :)

Whichever place you choose, it will be awesome fun.

Defo would recommend.

I went with 2 buddies, our first time off-road. 1 of them couldn't even ride a bike before he got there! Had a massive grin at the end of the day :D

It's £240 for the whole day, they provide all the riding kit etc you just need to turn up at 9am!

Really looking forward to it, meeting my mate tomorrow to firm up a date, the other guy that's going with us has just passed his test and is a bit nervous, I told him that ultimately the experience will make him better on the road as well....

Really looking forward to it, meeting my mate tomorrow to firm up a date, the other guy that's going with us has just passed his test and is a bit nervous, I told him that ultimately the experience will make him better on the road as well....

He'll be alright! Like i said one of my mates had never ridden a bike before, by the end of the day he was riding pretty well.

And defo improves your road riding!

Which place have you gone with?

He'll be alright! Like i said one of my mates had never ridden a bike before, by the end of the day he was riding pretty well.

And defo improves your road riding!

Which place have you gone with?

Yes we convinced him that its a good thing, we're booking to go to the North Wales venue, sail to Liverpool and it shouldn't take us long to get there looking at the map :thumb: