Mod 2 Test in Glasagow (Shieldhall)

• 2 weeks later...

Failed my mod2 today at sheildhall for the second time.

was in the wrong lane on a huge roundabout the road markings where faded and had morning sun in my eyes

also went to slow on Arkleston Rd did 60 for few minutes then did 40 odd the rest

the examiner was ok thb he followed me in a grey car. just need to book again lol :(

btw all the test route that are going about are old did not go on half them roads.

Failed my mod2 today at sheildhall for the second time.

was in the wrong lane on a huge roundabout the road markings where faded and had morning sun in my eyes

also went to slow on Arkleston Rd did 60 for few minutes then did 40 odd the rest

the examiner was ok thb he followed me in a grey car. just need to book again lol :(

btw all the test route that are going about are old did not go on half them roads.

Unlucky mate. Sure you'll get it next time. What roundabout did you get wrong?

• 3 months later...

Your instructor should be able to take you around the route. I don't know the area around Shieldhall all that well so I can't really remember. I passed mine first time with two minors, but didn't really feel that my ride was quite up to that standard personally. Don't know how I got away with so few.

Examiner is generally on a bike but may use a car on occasion. It is a tricky area, often lots of road works, lots of traffic and some large junctions. Just stay calm and listen to instructions and you should be fine.

• 1 year later...

The two roads that have to be used are either the Clydeside Express way or Arkleston Rd as they are the only places in reach of the centre where the speed limit is over 40 mph.

You want to be familiar with the Clyde Tunnel, Renfrew Rd, Govan Rd, Sheildhall Rd, Cockels Loan, Dean Park Rd, Glasgow Rd, Hillington Industrial Estate, Berryknowes Rd, Penilee Rd and that is what I can remember off the top of my head.

• 2 months later...

Hi Fredc,

I've just registered for the forum and it wont let me PM you yet.. I'd love to have that Mod2 Test info for Sheildhall if you can share with me!

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Caryn

Hi Fredc,

I've just registered for the forum and it wont let me PM you yet.. I'd love to have that Mod2 Test info for Sheildhall if you can share with me!

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Caryn

They may have changed in the past 6 years

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I know I'm reviving an old post but I was wondering if there are any bikers that had took their test at this test centre recently who can provide us what sort of routes to expect?? I've got my Mod2 coming up so any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

I've already PM'ed Fredc so hoping he still has these routes, lol!

Thanks,

Jackie

I sat my test there. They took me out of test centre, towards renfrew then followed signs for paisley for the independent driving part. Headed back in towards hillington and cardonald then back to test centre.

Thanks Dynamo, I've done some searching on this forum and it seems this route is still the most common test route; guess I best practice this route :thumb:

• 5 weeks later...

My route came out the test centre, turn right down to govan, across to paisley road west and back up by Indic to the test centre. It was at 2pm and most of the time was sitting in traffic which I don’t think was a bad thing necessarily because it passed the time.

Best of luck

My route came out the test centre, turn right down to govan, across to paisley road west and back up by Indic to the test centre. It was at 2pm and most of the time was sitting in traffic which I don’t think was a bad thing necessarily because it passed the time.

Best of luck

Thanks for the input [mention]Shadow125[/mention], where is Indic? :lol: Do you mean the Hillington Industrial estate?

Sorry, that was supposed to say ibrox lol.

My independent ride was follow signs for the hospital, which lead past ibrox towards the test centre in pretty much a straight line.

The guys there were great which really helped set my nerves at ease, I failed the first time for a stupid mistake and the examiner said. You had it but I had to fail you, I always felt like they wanted you to get on and succeed

Sorry, that was supposed to say ibrox lol.

My independent ride was follow signs for the hospital, which lead past ibrox towards the test centre in pretty much a straight line.

The guys there were great which really helped set my nerves at ease, I failed the first time for a stupid mistake and the examiner said. You had it but I had to fail you, I always felt like they wanted you to get on and succeed

Ah! I see, did you even go on any NSL, I can't see how that route would have any unless you took the Clyde tunnel expressway, 8-)

There was one road that was 40, can’t remember where. I’ll re drive the route at some point.

I figured because I had my first attempt two weeks before that and done national speed limit, it was the same examiner so perhaps he had seen enough?

We also got stuck in road work traffic which no doubt effected the examiners plan

I’ll have a look again, I do believe getting stuck at road works messed things up a little.

Who are you training with?

I'm training with BikeRite, great bunch of folk, has really taught me how to be safe out on the road. I did most my DAS training in Hamilton but taking my Mod2 in Govan, :roll:

I have heard good things about them.

I used ride on and couldn’t recommend them highly enough.

At first I thought the testing was excessive but just now I am out in America riding huge Harley’s and the DAs training absolutely set me up to be safe.

The testing out here is a joke and drivers are terrible.

I am glad it is as thorough as it is

I have heard good things about them.

I used ride on and couldn’t recommend them highly enough.

At first I thought the testing was excessive but just now I am out in America riding huge Harley’s and the DAs training absolutely set me up to be safe.

The testing out here is a joke and drivers are terrible.

I am glad it is as thorough as it is

Yeah man, I saw that, one of the instructors in Ride On was at the test centre when I was doing my Mod1 so I was listening to him when he spoke with my instructor. I do like how friendly all the schools are to each other even though they are rival schools, they all seem to get on great. Plus the examiners are same too, they try and put you at ease before and after the Mods. The friendly banter between the instructors and the examiner is funny stuff to listen to. :)

Also, I'm impressed man [mention]Shadow125[/mention], pass your test in May and already riding in another country! :thumb: