R1250GSA Has arrived!

The GOAT

First impressions are good.

Arrived at Bowkers in Preston having decided to leave Alan Jefferies simply due to the inconvenience of getting there.

Decided to sell the HP4 to them as they offered me a decent amount without the arse ache of tyre kickers.

48191363826_d981ae2cf4_c.jpg

First ride was positive, having jumped straight off the HP4 this thing felt like a range rover, a rather floaty affair compared the the firm suspension of the sportsbike.

I appreciated the extra wind protection and the less dramatic riding experience for sure.

48191403997_9395dd3df8_c.jpg

Shift cam I couldn't feel anything but that's the point, its seamless but functions really well giving extra pull low down.

the dealership mentioned to let it idle for 12 seconds or so and you can hear the engine checking the shift cam, after the test the idle drops fairly low.

48191390347_fd35470f75_c.jpg

Super smooth with a nice quickshifter pulls really well, it's hard to say yet and it needs to be run it but not too dissimilar to my old R1200 just a bit more fancy with the electronics.

Auto ESA so you don't have to mess around with pre load, however i'll leave this in manual as im a short arse and don't want to get caught out should it jack up on me.

Brakes have less initial bite compared to the brembos but have a more progressive feel to them, radiator guards on the Rallye bike which where not endorsed by BMW when I installed aftermarket ones with my old bike? Swines!

I need a good play on it to figure out its menu settings etc...

Would I have upgraded from a R1200? Simply put.... no, not enough of a change to warrant the upgrade imo.

So far so good :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

Are you happy with it? Was it worth the price you paid over and above the price of a standard GSA?

Very happy with it!

Is it worth the asking price over original? Not really I'd say.

If I'd kept my old GSA I would not have upgraded i don't think.

It's a smoother ride for sure, suspension seems a bit more fussy, less vibey and the boxer doesn't throw you off when you blip the throttle like the twin cams did.

The brakes are an improvement over the brembos, less grabby which I noticed especially full loaded in stop/start traffic.

The additional extra year warranty and black panniers are most welcome - both of these option cost me close to £800 on my old bike so price wise it's not too far off.

Pulls really well, just booked in for service next week so I'll give it a good blast afterwards and see how it moves.