Anti-greenlaners

manxie49

The anti Greenlaners are rearing their heads on the island again, found this today, recent vandalism of signs, one sign which should depict motorcycle and horse rider with the motor cyclist spray painted out and motorcycle information sign smashed, couple this with recent booby traps (nails in wood) left to catch bikers out its really concerning .... Be careful on those tracks guys, the fact that this particular lane is clearly marked as a road obviously means nothing to the thick F--- wits that did this, I will report as necessary.[attachment=1]IMG_0569.jpeg[/attachment][attachment=0]IMG_0571.jpeg[/attachment]

Probably, they'd even tried to rip the post out altogether. The only run in I ever had when I was green laning was with an elderly couple who stopped me and told me I shouldn't be using the lane I was on, I tried to explain that it was a greenway road but they wouldn't have it and the bloke actually became quite abusive, obviously had a massive problem with enduro bikes, I just rode of and left him shouting obscenities at me

Get a sack of carrots from a farm shop, string them together and hang them up on the hedgerow, the horses will smell them and want to stop to eat, that will get them horse riders frustrated without causing damage to anything, can't be prosecuted for feeding the wildlife :lol:

What a twattish thing to do!.

I’ve not done any green laning on a bike, have done a good bit in cars over the years though.

I remember just after Christmas a couple of years ago I was out on some lanes with a friend, me in a Landcruiser and him in a Discovery, 2 guys on bikes came in the other direction said you won’t get through up there, the water came up to our headlights and it was really boggy, we said don’t worry we will be fine and both cars unsurprisingly got through with ease, felt sorry for the pair of them though, getting waist deep in freezing cold muddy water can’t have been nice!, bet it’s great in a bike at this time of year though.

I'm sure there are a number of irresponsible riders that bring this down on everyone.

Saw a helicopter rescue type programme recently, it was based around Yorkshire.

One episode told of some old boy out for a walk in the woods, some f#kwit on a bike goes tearing through the same wood, knocks this old guy over breaking some bones ,doesnt even stop and just clears off.

I'm sure there are a number of irresponsible riders that bring this down on everyone.

One episode told of some old boy out for a walk in the woods, some f#kwit on a bike goes tearing through the same wood, knocks this old guy over breaking some bones ,doesnt even stop and just clears off.

You dont need anyone on a bike try dog walkers ..

My wife's best friend was out walking her dog (husky dog) and it was one the taff trails that's we have around here not sure what called where you guys are .

Anyway she was walking along her dog was on its lead one them long windy things .. then this man and a woman came in to.sight and had 2 dogs NOT on there leads .. so these 2 dogs went for my wife's m8s dog the dog not an old dog still a pup but it's quite big runs as hes on the lead ends up running around wifes m8s legs which pulls her over on to the floor so these 2 grab there dogs and now come along side her lying on the floor she is screaming in pain as her left knee is ripped out of place and poking thro the skin . ............they run off .. left her flat out on the floor . She couldn't walk she called the ambulance which taken a bit to find her as she was down this track /walk way .. she spend 3 months in hospital off work for 6 months and had 3 ups on her knee she got to go in again next year (should been this year but started a new job as she got laid off couldn't work drive to work) so next year she go to go back in and have the knee broken again 3 time to see if they can set her knee right .. they left her knowing she was hurt but ran off .. so not just bikers ..

I’ve not done any green laning on a bike, have done a good bit in cars over the years though.

I remember just after Christmas a couple of years ago I was out on some lanes with a friend, me in a Landcruiser and him in a Discovery, 2 guys on bikes came in the other direction said you won’t get through up there, the water came up to our headlights and it was really boggy, we said don’t worry we will be fine and both cars unsurprisingly got through with ease, felt sorry for the pair of them though, getting waist deep in freezing cold muddy water can’t have been nice!, bet it’s great in a bike at this time of year though.

I was walking the dog a few months ago and was talking to a farmer, well known green lane runs right through his land, he had no problem with off roaders, really nice bloke but most definitely a staunch Manx Man. He said the problem is people, who are not Manx, decide to retire to the island, they know about the islands rich heritage with motorsport, but once here, and they get their feet under the table, they set up groups to try and change the Manx way of life to what they think Island life should be like, they forget that the island is called "the Isle of Motorsport", I've seen everything on local forums over the past few years from stopping the TT and FOM, closing green lanes to motorised vehicles and adopting an all island speed limit of 40mph!!!!

You dont need anyone on a bike try dog walkers ..

My wife's best friend was out walking her dog (husky dog) and it was one the taff trails that's we have around here not sure what called where you guys are .

Anyway she was walking along her dog was on its lead one them long windy things .. then this man and a woman came in to.sight and had 2 dogs NOT on there leads .. so these 2 dogs went for my wife's m8s dog the dog not an old dog still a pup but it's quite big runs as hes on the lead ends up running around wifes m8s legs which pulls her over on to the floor so these 2 grab there dogs and now come along side her lying on the floor she is screaming in pain as her left knee is ripped out of place and poking thro the skin . ............they run off .. left her flat out on the floor . She couldn't walk she called the ambulance which taken a bit to find her as she was down this track /walk way .. she spend 3 months in hospital off work for 6 months and had 3 ups on her knee she got to go in again next year (should been this year but started a new job as she got laid off couldn't work drive to work) so next year she go to go back in and have the knee broken again 3 time to see if they can set her knee right .. they left her knowing she was hurt but ran off .. so not just bikers ..

Tow rags in every walk of life! I hope she's recovered ok, some people are just vile!

Get a sack of carrots from a farm shop, string them together and hang them up on the hedgerow, the horses will smell them and want to stop to eat, that will get them horse riders frustrated without causing damage to anything, can't be prosecuted for feeding the wildlife :lol:

The only problem I see with that, is you'll get some nasty bi**h of a horse owner who will whip the poor blighter into submission to keep it walking, trotting or whatever horses do.

The only problem I see with that, is you'll get some nasty bi**h of a horse owner who will whip the poor blighter into submission to keep it walking, trotting or whatever horses do.

Hmmm ... you got her number? :wink:

I was walking the dog a few months ago and was talking to a farmer, well known green lane runs right through his land, he had no problem with off roaders, really nice bloke but most definitely a staunch Manx Man. He said the problem is people, who are not Manx, decide to retire to the island, they know about the islands rich heritage with motorsport, but once here, and they get their feet under the table, they set up groups to try and change the Manx way of life to what they think Island life should be like, they forget that the island is called "the Isle of Motorsport", I've seen everything on local forums over the past few years from stopping the TT and FOM, closing green lanes to motorised vehicles and adopting an all island speed limit of 40mph!!!!

The farmer is right!, if you feel put out by motorsport don’t move to the Isle of Mann of all places, same thing happens to a degree here with people who buy a house near a race track then complain about the noise.

What's the best way to deal with these angry people?

I once had a horse ridder yelling at me when I was out jogging once "you shouldn't run near a horse". shouldn't have a horse on the road then oldcow.

The farmer is right!, if you feel put out by motorsport don’t move to the Isle of Mann of all places, same thing happens to a degree here with people who buy a house near a race track then complain about the noise.

No argument from me on this one .... my thoughts exactly

What's the best way to deal with these angry people?

I once had a horse ridder yelling at me when I was out jogging once "you shouldn't run near a horse". shouldn't have a horse on the road then oldcow.

Oddly enough just being polite, giving them a wave and saying thanks seems to work .... for some reason it infuriates them even more :D

So is it dog walkers, horse Ridders or some exoffroader who was shunned by the community and is now pulling some Scooby Doo revenge shit?

I wish I knew! Whoever does it is very sneaky, they never seem to get caught, when you start leaving wood with nails in it though that's just complete F--- wit mentality! I did hear that a few local bikers were considering planting one of those wireless cameras on a couple of the tracks to try and catch who was doing it, I personally think this is something the Police should consider doing.