Wanted Stolen 1980 XT 250

Hi all

You may have seen my intro, if not here is a little back story.

In Feb I bought a 1980 Yamaha XT 250 as a project bike. My friend also has one and we have spent the last 6 months, through blood, sweat and beers, restoring mine.

We brought them down to The Malle Mile last weekend, in Kevington Hall, Orpington. We raced them and has a fantastic weekend.

Until they were stolen!!!

They were taken from outside our tent on Sat 27th July 2019.

It would seem, that they were carried/pushed through the surrounding forest and on to the road, where my tyre tracks can be seen. (I spent 4 hours searching the forests finishing at 7am)

We have a fair idea of where they are but the police can't help us as they won't go and look in this area. I'm sure you can figure out what that means.

But if you have any information that helps us, or at the very least, stop them from being sold on, please do whatever you can.

My friend's bike, the white tank, has been in his family for over 20 years and he restored it with his dad. So they might be worth a lot but they certainly do mean a lot.

Thanks for reading and I'll add some photos later, once I figure out how.

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Dear god ! I Googled Star Lane in Maps . You don't have to zoom in very far to see what's going on there ! Even the houses have got red gas bottles outside . I wonder how the T*******r community get along with the adjacent nudist colony ? Or is that just a cover up ?

Dear god ! I Googled Star Lane in Maps . You don't have to zoom in very far to see what's going on there ! Even the houses have got red gas bottles outside . I wonder how the T*******r community get along with the adjacent nudist colony ? Or is that just a cover up ?

No, it’s an ‘uncover’ up 😂

Sorry to read about your bikes being stolen by these scum ..

Many years ago when I used to work at a printers we used to have a company who delivered printing ink to us . I seen the driver walking along this road from another printers so I stopped and asked his what was up he told me he had his van stolen and was walking to where it was ???? If it was stolen how do you know where it is .

He said some guys at the printers said they seen these 2 fat ginger haired scruffs in off white vests getting in to his van time they got to the van they started it and was driving off ( yes he left the keys in the ignition) so the driver was walking along rover way to the pikey site . So I gave him a lift

There is was you could see the white van with the multi coloured name on the side .

They wouldn't let him in to the site so he called the cops

They refused to go in.to the site to get the van

Well they said how do you know it's there..

I can bloody see it from the main road ..

Just gave him a crime number .

The insurance comp refused to pay out as he left the keys in the ignition.

A few weeks later the shell the van was dumped outside the pikye site .

As they couldn't trade it in as it was stolen ..

These feral scum need putting down ..

The real Romany travellers must hate these Irish tinkers who call themselves gypsies..

Romany gypsies travellers are ppl of tradition

Thieving pikey Irish tinkers just no words for them yet ppl think these ppl are the same

No wonder the real gypsies hate them giving them a bad name .