Moped thieves down

Bender

The family of who ever gets murdered , nonced or whatever should be given the final say....

Judge should say " you have been found guilty and sentenced to either life in prison or the death penalty "

and the decision as to which is decided by the family of the victim .

The family of who ever gets murdered , nonced or whatever should be given the final say....

Judge should say " you have been found guilty and sentenced to either life in prison or the death penalty "

The accused (the one in the suit) should be behind a screen when the verdict by the family is given; It should be shown to the judge with a thumbs up (prison) or thumbs down (death).

Just like in ancient Rome :D

Why just the two choices? I think there should be more choice in the matter, you know, sparkle it up with a bit of razzmatazz.

They're as good as dead anyway so I reckon there should be a wild-card option where the victim's family get to chose whatever they want.

Why just the two choices? I think there should be more choice in the matter, you know, sparkle it up with a bit of razzmatazz.

They're as good as dead anyway so I reckon there should be a wild-card option where the victim's family get to chose whatever they want.

Thrown into a pit of Vipers, or a tank with Piranhas :twisted:

Im very much against capital punishment and feel that many people regardless of their crime should have the opportunity of good rehabilitation to turn them into hard working, upstanding members of the community again.

Im also a believer that no-one (almost) is born bad, and we need to read beyond the headlines we see and look at the back story of people more to understand the decisions they made. They dont have to be forgivable, just an better understanding.

All of this said, there are people that you simply cannot rehabilitate due to their overall risk to others or they simply choose not to take the path offered. Their punishment is longer sentences.

How many times has it been proven in the US the wrong person died?

I did jury service for someone who had rapped and murdered a woman, his defence was that said woman was going to report him for breach of his release from prison on licence for which he was given life for raping and murdering the first woman.

He was a model prisoner not a foot out of place,fully rehabilitated and let out after 10yrs, and killed again within weeks, wonder what the parents of those 2 women think of rehabilitation and the justice system, I would have hung him myself.

Just as a note as to the violent product of rehabilitation the entry and exit wounds went through her and through the floor boards.

I did jury service for someone who had rapped and murdered a woman, his defence was that said woman was going to report him for breach of his release from prison on licence for which he was given life for raping and murdering the first woman.

He was a model prisoner not a foot out of place,fully rehabilitated and let out after 10yrs, and killed again within weeks, wonder what the parents of those 2 women think of rehabilitation and the justice system, I would have hung him myself…

Quite.

Whatever your views on the death penalty there's no argument that it has a zero re-offending rate.

That's why I support it.

Some people are simply too dangerous to ever be released. I would be happy if life meant life but it doesn't which means that all the while our most dangerous offenders live, there is always the chance that a parole board somewhere will release them.

• 2 months later...

As this has turned in to a post about justice, what your thoughts on this.

Next town over from me had to close the roads off after a guy was tied to a car (or dangled out the car window) and dragged the lenth of the road ( about 1/4 mile) before being run over and left for dead. He died obviously. And the car was used for the hit and run was found burnt out a mile or two away.

All the info I have heard are from people who knew (or knew of) the victim, so might not all be 100% true. Everyone saying its gang related but not like the Mafia more little shits in hoodies. But that's not just murder that's torture aswell.

Thoughts?

Rehabilitation just does not work. The Courts are far too lenient and the police are hindered by do gooders that bleat on about the human rights of the offender. If you're given 3 years then you should do 3 years minimum. So if you're well behaved you do 3 years. If you don't you do longer. All prisoners should be made to study basic numeracy and literacy and be up from dawn till dusk being kept busy with education and training. No PlayStation's no sat in a cell doing nothing. I personally know of offended being released that are at a high risk of reoffending and refuse to give a release address to the probation service. How can this be right? Prisons should not be a place where you want to go back. The whole legal system is failing as a result of under funding and also because of so called human rights. The same human rights that are disregarded if you ever happen to be the victim of a crime.

I would have no problem at all voting to bring back capital punishment. Where's the deterrent in this country to stop heinous crime?

Even if you would, I'd suggest that shooting people in the head for theft would be a tad harsh, no?

AAA no wait till it's yours that these scum have stolen trashed .. killed family member . . Time we stop pussy footing about .

As for your father generation fought a war to stop them type ppl . Well ask your self how many war heroes that been attacked killed threatened by low life scum who they fought to allow these scum to run free to do what they like

I like the old line I fought in the war for ppl like you !! Yeaa an I bet your sorry you won ! . . The state this counry is in if you could have showed all the them heroes how an what the country turned in to they wont be so dam eager to die for it ..

Even now service personnel are treated like crap once they leave the armed forces.. even when they still in the forces there familys live in shite conditions on the bases . No real medical treatment for illnesses caused by war . Or legs blown off no state the art legs for them unless they pay themselves ..

What about losing your legs in combat £50.000 yet some MOD worked falls off a chair pissing about about gets £100.000 compo or hurt my wrist carrying my cup to my MOD desk £100.000 soldiers. Airmen navy losing hands eyes feet £20.000 yea this country looks after ppl who fought for it ... .

They the paras from the 70s NI hounded to day yet the terrorist scum walk free

Im very much against capital punishment and feel that many people regardless of their crime should have the opportunity of good rehabilitation to turn them into hard working, upstanding members of the community again.

Im also a believer that no-one (almost) is born bad, and we need to read beyond the headlines we see and look at the back story of people more to understand the decisions they made. They dont have to be forgivable, just an better understanding.

All of this said, there are people that you simply cannot rehabilitate due to their overall risk to others or they simply choose not to take the path offered. Their punishment is longer sentences.

Yeaa must been hell back in the 1870s .. Pity we not come more advanced in technology/DNA CCTV if only we had something like that .

Only ppl who think that some one who uses a samaria sword to kill.some one in broad daylight in front of witnesses cant be taken out back the court room and shot ..

Or a so called father who rapes his 10 old daughter then let's his m8 have a go thinks that putting him and his m8 in jail for 10 years sorry 5 years .. then free to walk the streets should be taken out the back and shot to the back the head ..

WHY do you think these ppl will ever change .

Or the man who killed a pregnant woman in the 70s went to prison gets out in the 90s attacks another woman goes back to jail to be freed again in 2018 as hes to old to hurt anyone kills another woman 3 days in to being freed ..

You cant change these ppl kill them free up the prison systems lock more scum up make this country safe again ..

Also to help the familys they should be allowed to be locked in the room with the rapists .murder . For 5 mins to talk to the rapist /murderer . If the murder/ rapist dies then that's there sentence.

The victims family must have a say in the punishment ..

A wheel of fortune style punishment system would work for me, and the victims get to spin the wheel, should be televised though, this would be some proper reality entertainment :thumb:

I think the Mongolians and Genghis Khan weren't to far off.

A man found in possession of a stolen horse must return it to its owner, add nine horses of the same kind. If he is unable to pay this fine his children must be taken instead of the horses. If he has no children then he must be slaughtered like a sheep.

I think the Mongolians and Genghis Khan weren't to far off.

A man found in possession of a stolen horse must return it to its owner, add nine horses of the same kind. If he is unable to pay this fine his children must be taken instead of the horses. If he has no children then he must be slaughtered like a sheep.

Could they be slaughtered like pigs instead, coz you can't educate pork :lol: :cheers:

He was a model prisoner not a foot out of place,fully rehabilitated and let out after 10yrs, and killed again within weeks, wonder what the parents of those 2 women think of rehabilitation and the justice system, I would have hung him myself.

Just as a note as to the violent product of rehabilitation the entry and exit wounds went through her and through the floor boards.

:shock: That’s absolutely horrible, I obviously feel for the unfortunate women and their families but that must have been a horrible case to be a juror on for you as well :( .

I wish someone would knock these scumbags off.

811EC44A-B03F-424F-9B7C-786AFF50B456.thumb.jpeg.f37b77fd6087c9b1229bcabfa33b71f2.jpeg

This is the commentary from a local Cov neighbour hood forum.

“These two were racing up and down Bannerbrook Park, on park pathways and grass near children, yesterday @ 6.30pm. When challenged by a couple of ladies they threatened to kill them and their dog and stole a phone off a third lady.

Possibly seen coming from Jardine Crescent area, weaving very dangerously through traffic. Nearly hit a car turning right.

No plates on bike, but someone must know them.

All info is best passed on directly to the Police as they are looking for them”

As this is only a mile from home, I will be looking to give them a tap if I see them!!

The fact there is no license plates, and the lack of protective clothing on those two; there is a high chance those two have stolen that bike. What idiots, it's only time before they get themselves killed or seriously injured.

One can only hope 😁

Guest Richzx6r

The fact there is no license plates, and the lack of protective clothing on those two; there is a high chance those two have stolen that bike. What idiots, it's only time before they get themselves killed or seriously injured.

Hopefully they already have had karma call at they're door