Facebook

fastbob

Can anyone help me out here. I've joined a FB group ( I think ) but I just can't understand anything about Facebook at all . It's as simple as that . I don't understand how it works , what it's for , how to operate it , nothing . And it isn't for lack of trying . Just an overview would be helpful .

Bit hard to say/explain how to use it... but...one way which seems to be popular...

Find a box that shows a text cursor, anywhere on the page and just write insults and click on/send/post etc!

Seems to be how a lot use it. 😂

I literally only use it to browse ‘owner groups’ of things I have nowadays.

Watch "The Great Hack" on Netflix... shows you the whole Cambridge Analytica thing and how they harvested data and used it in the American election. Genuinely scary stuff in my opinion.

Also, I've not been on Facebook for a long, long, long time so I'm no help at all.

So, this post may be totally useless :thumb:

Bit hard to say/explain how to use it... but...one way which seems to be popular...

Find a box that shows a text cursor, anywhere on the page and just write insults and click on/send/post etc!

Seems to be how a lot use it. 😂

I literally only use it to browse ‘owner groups’ of things I have nowadays.

Well that's why I joined it . I'm not I.T. illiterate but I can't even see how to post a picture with a comment .

A few months ago i logged into my FB account and disabled everything i possibly could, i couldn't actually find out how to delete my account, so now it remains inactive no emails saying x has posted on your wall etc, made my email inbox much happier :thumb: :cheers:

Watch "The Great Hack" on Netflix... shows you the whole Cambridge Analytica thing and how they harvested data and used it in the American election. Genuinely scary stuff in my opinion.

Also, I've not been on Facebook for a long, long, long time so I'm no help at all.

So, this post may be totally useless :thumb:

It is scary . I can deal with all the friend requests from people I don't know . It's the requests from people I DO know and still don't want to have as friends that freak me out . Where's this information coming from ? There are a lot of motorcyclists and RC model flyers but I still don't know who they are .

A few months ago i logged into my FB account and disabled everything i possibly could, i couldn't actually find out how to delete my account, so now it remains inactive no emails saying x has posted on your wall etc, made my email inbox much happier :thumb: :cheers:

I tried all that a year ago the first time I went on it but it would not let me go

I never been on there , but don't you just take pictures of your breakfast dinner and tea and send them to your friends ...

Also tell burglars when your on your hols .... your birthday etc for fraudsters ..... :?

Personally can't stand FB but I do use it. Try clicking on the top that says "What's on your mind (fastBob)". Then click Photo/video. A box should appear with your comp files in. Select the file and then the photo. Double click it to upload. Add a comment either before or after doing this (doesn't matter). Press 'Share'. Job done. HTH :cheers:

The worst thing about FaceBook is that it's been responsible for the demise of thousands of forums.......across all interests and subjects.

15 years ago there were so many thriving bike forums but most of them (if they still exist) are like ghost towns.

Personally can't stand FB but I do use it. Try clicking on the top that says "What's on your mind (fastBob)". Then click Photo/video. A box should appear with your comp files in. Select the file and then the photo. Double click it to upload. Add a comment either before or after doing this (doesn't matter). Press 'Share'. Job done. HTH :cheers:

I got stuck with this believe it or not . I just don't recognize the operating system to write and save text . I guess it must have been dumbed down so much that I can't understand it . Let's face it , most of the toothless pond life on Jeremy Kyle seemed to be able to f**k up their desperate lives with it so perhaps I should just walk away .

It depends on what you want out of it. I use FB to keep in touch with friends. I have my settings to friends only, and only people who are friends in "real life" are FB friends. Still get lots of adds for crap I never use them generally better value everywhere else.

I got stuck with this believe it or not . I just don't recognize the operating system to write and save text . I guess it must have been dumbed down so much that I can't understand it . Let's face it , most of the toothless pond life on Jeremy Kyle seemed to be able to f**k up their desperate lives with it so perhaps I should just walk away .

If you can walk away then it's probably best. The only thing I use it for is to keep in contact with family and close friends.

An update . One of my Sportster's previous owners ( not the last one ) has responded with some pictures of the bike with a two foot tall sissy bar and "Z" bars . I'm glad he sold all the original parts with the bike !

FB_IMG_1565134320341.jpg.fbb8503f0e876414b605e668ccb90323.jpg

IMG_20190718_211618177.thumb.jpg.1434fbca73ec3c3127abcc03238883f0.jpg

I think I'm about to to be savaged by the Sportster Sickness FB group that I've joined. I've disagreed with the practice of sending outriders on ahead to block the entry roads to roundabouts and junctions so that the rest of the pack can pass through unimpeded . I think it's just juvenile antisocial behaviour that gives all bikers a bad name . One day someone is going to think they are about to be robbed and try to ram their way to safety. I don't think I'll be going on any runs if this is what they get up to .

I think I'm about to to be savaged by the Sportster Sickness FB group that I've joined. I've disagreed with the practice of sending outriders on ahead to block the entry roads to roundabouts and junctions so that the rest of the pack can pass through unimpeded . I think it's just juvenile antisocial behaviour that gives all bikers a bad name . One day someone is going to think they are about to be robbed and try to ram their way to safety. I don't think I'll be going on any runs if this is what they get up to .

And got to be illegal surely?