First impressions after collection.

Ryan94b

Are Africa twins etc pointless as well then , ask how many owners have gone off road on em...

600 is enough for the road but more fun than a 1000.... no .

What you riding now, you should come out for a ride with us lot ya pansy, joined our group n left again

Are Africa twins etc pointless as well then , ask how many owners have gone off road on em...

600 is enough for the road but more fun than a 1000.... no .

What you riding now, you should come out for a ride with us lot ya pansy, joined our group n left again

Pointless ... I got a 1050, I'm just doing track days from now on .

Make sure you give us 3 rings when you get home safely :D

Hang on... other families do this???

Oh yes! It's a mum thing :D

If it's any consolation I'm over 60 and my mother still does this especially if I go up to Northumberland on the bike. Completely does my head in.

Hang on... other families do this???

Oh yes! It's a mum thing :D

If it's any consolation I'm over 60 and my mother still does this especially if I go up to Northumberland on the bike. Completely does my head in.

Lol, Awwww, it shows she cares.

My mates on the 1k can't leave me till 130ish on the straights... on track. Maybe 1-2 bike lenghts if we roll on in 5th from 50mph.

Thats is 2016 zx6r 636 and k8 1k gixxer.

Below zx6r Vs zx10r, both do 60 more or less the speed limit in 3sec so where is all that torque used on road.

Just like this.https://youtu.be/4OFqZLu1ujQ

You think better handling? It's a fact a 600 will hold more corner speed, you need to square of a 1k, stand it up on the fat bit and use the power. Totally different riding style.

What bike are you riding, what year R1…? Makes a big difference, the fancy electronics I agree give 1k a handling advantage on the very latest bikes.

I am very much a fan of 600s done a few track days on a K7 GSXR a few years ago and have owned both a CBR600RR and R6, they’re flickable and you can get on the power quicker, that said the latest 1000s are just as agile and have an amazing array of electronics, the sad fact is pretty much all the development has gone into the 1000s in the last few years.

The 2015 + R1 that he’s got is a phenomenal piece of kit, I completely agree it’s overkill on the road-although I’m one to talk but on a track the chassis and electronics come into their own, not just for top riders but for us mere morals too, I’d still say the RSV4 is my favourite bike I’ve ever ridden in a track.

As for the colour thing, green bikes look great, especially the older Kawasaki’s of the 90s-love the ZXR750, although- red looks pretty good too :D .FCC2D065-B896-47F3-8129-3C4A2C569CFE.thumb.jpeg.58db92cf8e7622d2bba8276a6c792ddc.jpeg

My mates on the 1k can't leave me till 130ish on the straights... on track. Maybe 1-2 bike lenghts if we roll on in 5th from 50mph.

Below zx6r Vs zx10r, both do 60 more or less the speed limit in 3sec so where is all that torque used on road.

You think better handling? It's a fact a 600 will hold more corner speed, you need to square of a 1k, stand it up on the fat bit and use the power. Totally different riding style.

What bike are you riding, what year R1…? Makes a big difference, the fancy electronics I agree give 1k a handling advantage on the very latest bikes.

I am very much a fan of 600s done a few track days on a K7 GSXR a few years ago and have owned both a CBR600RR and R6, they’re flickable and you can get on the power quicker, that said the latest 1000s are just as agile and have an amazing array of electronics, the sad fact is pretty much all the development has gone into the 1000s in the last few years.

The 2015 + R1 that he’s got is a phenomenal piece of kit, I completely agree it’s overkill on the road-although I’m one to talk but on a track the chassis and electronics come into their own, not just for top riders but for us mere morals too, I’d still say the RSV4 is my favourite bike I’ve ever ridden in a track.

As for the colour thing, green bikes look great, especially the older Kawasaki’s of the 90s-love the ZXR750, although- red looks pretty good too :D .FCC2D065-B896-47F3-8129-3C4A2C569CFE.jpeg

I think you’ve just won the cock wagging contest with the Duc! If I were to go up on capacity it would definitely for a v4! RSV4 + SC Project/Austin Racing = heaven

As for the colour thing, green bikes look great, especially the older Kawasaki’s of the 90s-love the ZXR750, although- red looks pretty good too :D .FCC2D065-B896-47F3-8129-3C4A2C569CFE.jpeg

I think you’ve just won the cock wagging contest with the Duc! If I were to go up on capacity it would definitely for a v4! RSV4 + SC Project/Austin Racing = heaven

Honestly the RSV4 is one of the best bikes I’ve ever ridden, I prefer it to the Panigale in some ways, including the sound!, never went for an Austin Racing system on mine, they are a bit too loud!, it did have the benefit of coming with a full Akra system when I bought it though!.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it’s been a few weeks since I picked it up, been out in it quite a lot considering I’m away for work 2 weeks at a time. Here’s some more thoughts I’ve been having.

1) Screams everywhere - I’m surprised at how quick I’ve gotten used to the power. And the lack of torque down low/mid is quite noticeable. If I want to do an overtake on a 60 I’ve got to get it right up the RPMs to quickly get past. As the red line is at 16.5K it’s obviously screaming 99% of the time which gives the impression I’m going faster than I actually am. “Bloody hell Im moving alright through these roads” I think to myself... *looks down** *64mph* haha! Before I got the bike I could never understand why the middleweight sports bike section was diminishing, but if people are thinking the same as me about wanting more torque low down, then I can see why. I’m already looking at 1000s for next year...

2) Could do with electronics - the 09 ZX6R is as raw as they come for modern day sports bikes, no electronics what so ever. It think ABS at a minimum would help my confidence with carrying speed into corners. (Or maybe I’m just a pussy)

3) Slippery Tyres - I have Michelin Power RS on the back and Metzler M5’s on the front. When I picked up the bike the dealer had put tyre slick on them to make them shiny, I asked him to clean it off but I think it’s still on there. It looks like I have huge chicken strips but it’s the tire slick... I feel as though I’m glued to the ground up until a certain lean angle then it’s like I’m on ice and soon bring the bike back up... I was thinking about getting a very fine sand paper and sanding it off, just wondering if there’s any other methods? I’ve had a thinning solution on it but it didn’t work.

That’s it for now, I’ll update if anything else crosses my mind!

Here’s a little flyby I did on a quiet road, sounds quite tasty if you ask me haha!

https://youtu.be/ep57K7bi7_4

600cc bikes like riding scooters

😎 I have 675cc. I don't have a scooter. :cheers:

Seriously though I love R1's, the SP was the screen saver on my computer for years. I am just too old to ride one

As for the colour thing, green bikes look great, especially the older Kawasaki’s of the 90s-love the ZXR750

Want one with a turbo on it? :-D

That must be an....interesting bike to ride!, does it automatically point skyward when it comes on boost? :D .

The ZXR750 has to be one of my favourite 90s bikes, ok I’ve not owned one but just love the look of them, unlike the 90s Fireblade which I did own one of and hated it!.