Lawnmower

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

So today I bought a flymo venturer turbo 420 xl lawnmower it had a small fuel leak in the float bowl iv now fixed that but I kinda lost the 10mm bolt that holds the float bowl on so yeah I'm curious to know if anyone on here could help, it has a dellorto carburetor if that helps

Guest Richzx6r

Probably the easy option would be to email Flymo customer service department, explain what's happened and ask the to supply the bolt - I doubt they'd charge for that

I have messaged the local lawnmower service company to see if they are able to help if not I'll go to flymo themselves for advice.

Cheers Winston

Guest Richzx6r

Time to fit a trick flatslide 8-)

You could be right, its just so infuriating that I have now cured the leak and now I have lost the bolt for the bowl which has now rendered the mower useless

Time to fit a trick flatslide 8-)

You could be right, its just so infuriating that I have now cured the leak and now I have lost the bolt for the bowl which has now rendered the mower useless

What are the dimensions of this bolt ? A picture would also be useful. I've got 40 years worth of bolts stashed away . Alternatively if it's just an M6 or M4 X 10 you can get them at Tool Station . Stay away from B&Q , they only do the wrong pitch for a carb .

Guest Richzx6r

It's a 10mm head with a thread and it screws in to the main jet hole so yea I'm scuppered but I'll take off the carb and get a pic on Thursday

Slightly off topic, I bought the Flymo 1200r. It’s bloody fantastic. Set it to go out cutting 3 times a week from 12am to 6am.

KKPUiPV.jpg

12am-6am, I take it it's a very quiet mower then? Would imagine waking up your neighbours if they live right next to you. However having looked up the video on YouTube, the mower looks great, I was going to ask how it was going to detect the edge/obstacles but the video explained it. :)

Slightly off topic, I bought the Flymo 1200r. It’s bloody fantastic. Set it to go out cutting 3 times a week from 12am to 6am.

KKPUiPV.jpg

12am-6am, I take it it's a very quiet mower then? Would imagine waking up your neighbours if they live right next to you. However having looked up the video on YouTube, the mower looks great, I was going to ask how it was going to detect the edge/obstacles but the video explained it. :)

To be fair it is really quiet but I actually run it from 6pm to 12am. :thumb:

You can’t hear it from about 3 yards onwards. Thoroughly recommend it though. Leaves me with about 6 inches of border to cut along the fence. :D

Guest Richzx6r

Well one thing I didn't know is dellorto went bust a number of years ago but theres another company with the rights to make the carburetors so I may have to get a new carb for it....can't really complain the mower only cost me £15

KKPUiPV.jpg

3 times a week?! Is your grass on steroids or are you super ocd?

KKPUiPV.jpg

3 times a week?! Is your grass on steroids or are you super ocd?

You'd be amazed how quick it grows. I just got back from a 10 day holiday to find the neighbours ball stuck in the charging dock, thing hasn't cut grass for about 6 days and it's already twice the length.

Thing is, i had it freshly laid in May/June and am tying to keep it short and healthy year round. The key is to cut little and often or so i have read.

Anyway i have a robot slave so who cares. :thumb:

Edited by Joe85

Guest Richzx6r

The lawn here has abit of a moon scape look to it theres craters everywhere......

Dude - that's bang out of order. Insult his bike or his missus maybe, but not his lawn.

Lol well just look at it :roll:

I was referring to mine though

[mention]Richzx6r[/mention] Improve your life and live 10 years longer. Replace lawn with paving slabs, add a statue and a water feature and use the time saved from mowing the lawn to ride your motorcycle more.

F**k the bolt and ditch the mower too. :thumb:

The lawn here has abit of a moon scape look to it theres craters everywhere......

Dude - that's bang out of order. Insult his bike or his missus maybe, but not his lawn.

Er, just the Mrs thanks.