Suzuki GSXR 750 F (1985 slabbie)

Hi Mates

I am hoping someone very knowledgeable on old Suzuki gxers can help me with trying to identify my bikes DNA.

I have owned bike since 2004. Imported to NZ from Japan in 1992.

Curious clues :

1) On ownership docs first, registered in Japan in 1987 as G model, but frame number is 101143 which makes it a 1985 F

2) Livery is Red and Black with white wheels ( signs of original blue on inside of Fairing)

3) Yoshimura 4 into 1 has numbered bracket factory fitted like limited edition but no dry clutch

4) Duoposta seat instead of single seat

I have seen photos on bikes for sale sites which matches colour scheme, graphics and Yoshi pipe exactly except wheels in photos are black and mine are white !

My wife thinks it's time to cull the fleet, and I have considered selling it, and they seem to fetch a real quid. It has 74,000 original kms on clock and is immaculate condition. When I take it out for the occasional fang, I am always amazed how well it handles, was truly advanced for mid 80s. Another option is to strip and restore to brand new condition.

Confused ? I sure am. If someone out there can shed some more light I would truly be grateful. Fascinating involved in detective work.

Cheers

Down Under Dude

P.S Two photos in my profile.Will endeavour to upload more into photo section. Thanks.

IMG_0186.thumb.JPG.0b804f4d2708a573af08203b5be7a418.JPG

Suzuki GSXR 750 F 1985 Slabbie

IMG_0188.thumb.JPG.7d023c877f8e2f1a3c13decb5199511e.JPG

IMG_0189.thumb.JPG.7b1f83904d266eb7e593ceb541d496e6.JPG

IMG_0190.thumb.JPG.2f50a4ada7586a57dccf7d1ffbeb3ca6.JPG

IMG_0192.thumb.JPG.337be1a6c0067f7b234e4a2b84f0f8e7.JPG

IMG_0182.thumb.JPG.c0e65b2e68ec2806b3b94aa0616472aa.JPG

IMG_0191.thumb.JPG.2907ea984f036926ff5bd8546fb8a548.JPG

IMG_0181.thumb.JPG.74670a9e3d0de883775321a655133711.JPG

Edited by Downunder Dude

Why not post the photos here ?

Cheers fastbob getting used to using site properly. Slowly !

D.D

No worries , I'm looking forward to seeing it . So are you going to restore it or sell it ? I had the 1100 L model for 10 years and the 1100 WP for about the same time so I'm fairly knowledgeable on oil and water cooled Gixxers . But there's only so much one can take so now I've given up biking ....... And bought a Harley . 😀

Why not post the photos here ?

D.D

No worries , I'm looking forward to seeing it . So are you going to restore it or sell it ? I had the 1100 L model for 10 years and the 1100 WP for about the same time so I'm fairly knowledgeable on oil and water cooled Gixxers . But there's only so much one can take so now I've given up biking ....... And bought a Harley . 😀

Only just noticed that now!

Why a Harley Bob?

D.D

Only just noticed that now!

Why a Harley Bob?

Lots of reasons , mainly because I wanted to get back to a more basic form of motorcycling . I also wanted something that's relatively maintenance free and easy to work on . I've just got in from an 80 mile jaunt around Warwickshire and I'm absolutely loving it . This thing just makes me smile . It took me two years to sell the GSXR and find the exact Harley that I wanted and I've got no regrets at all . Speed isn't everything .

IMG_20190718_211618177.thumb.jpg.0b9d57ebe4caa2835e05fe32a7efd190.jpg

I know where you're coming from on the more basic form of motorcycling angle.

I certainly don't want to go back to tickling carbs, finding TDC and kickstarting.........but some of the complexity of machines today is way OTT.

That's why I loved the old XT's.......to me they represented motorcycling as it was.

Hi Bob

Loved that line "gave up biking and bought a Harley" ha ha. I will resist comments about air compressors on wheels and Harley Fergusons ha ha and I know what you mean by comfort and simplicity. Riding the the big BMW 1200 is like riding a Lazy boy on wheels ! As I get older riding the crotch rockets for longer than a couple of hours is painful experience but o boy the adrenalin rush makes up for it.

As to what I am going to do with it. As I am getting closer to working less, could be a good project to pull bits of and clean up. Possibly a good exercise to do with my son, as the young guys don't tool around with engines as much as we did back in the day.

Cheers

D.D

Don’t know much about the history of your bike im afraid but it’s certainly a stunner!

Off topic but how do you get on with the M3 currently in the market for one but don’t know anyone who’s ever had one!

Hi Beansie

Good detective work spotting the M3 in the background. Yeah I confess I am a bit of a car nut as well ! This is a 2008 E92 M3. It is a two door coupe with 6 speed manual transmission.This is my favourite M3 because of the awesome alloy V8, punching out over 400 BHP and the sound ! Everyone should own at least one V8 in their lifetime even though it is very environmentally uncool.

There is quite a few M3s imported from Japan mostly 4 door automatic trans. This is a NZ new model imported brand new from Germany, 2 previous careful owners and full service history from Bimmer dealer. It has 95,000 km on the clock. It is immaculate and took ages to find. Unfortunately it has to go as I mentioned I have to downsize. ( Strict Instructions from Sturmbahnfurher Wife !!!!! ). I have another car though, a Golf R and to be fair the M3 spends a lot of time festuring in the Garage. This car needs to be driven and can be yours for

NZ $ 40,000 !

Cheers

D.D

Always wanted a V8 I’ve driven a fair few but never had my own. Love the E92 looks and the price of them at the moment I feel like they are a hell of a lot of car for the money. I’d be going for the 7 speed DCT though I think as that is something else I want in a car, also has to be 2 door it’s such a nicer shape! If the missus wants you to downsize maybe you should put the idea to her that she moves out instead 😂 you’ve got a great garage set up there it would be a shame for you to have to get rid of any of it in my opinion.

Yo Beansie

Yeah I must admit for a fleeting moment wife or toys mmmm. Yeah but Nah. She has a point, with 4 motorbikes and 2 cars things are slightly out of control ! As retirement looms we purchased a 2.5 acre block in the country, and the plan was to build a 4 bay garage and big F..k off workshop. Lathe ,unimill, and several other machines and as a qualified Fitter and Turner, maybe do small jobbing work or restoration projects. But Alas a medical complication has thrown a spanner in that works. So now with one kid departed and the other gone within six months we think a lock up and leave is the go and travel more.

I will post some more photos of M3 as I prepare for sale. Have to get carbon fibre roof resprayed with clear first.

Cheers

D.D

P.S how much do these motors go for in the U.K ? They were $180,000 vehicle here brand new.