Scooter & Sidecar

One Ball 1971

should be illegal as displaying L plates, i wonder if s/he has been pulled at all :?:

actually legal to my surprise, just done a quick google and found

Motorcycle and sidecar law

Unlike trikes, which require a car licence, the licence required to ride motorbikes with attached sidecars is a motorcycle licence. Riders who have completed their CBT but are still riding with 'L' plates can tow sidecars, but they're unable to carry passengers therein.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=btZJXazYOsbeasOQnYgB&q=sidecar+with+L+plates&oq=sidecar+with+L+plates&gs_l=psy-ab.3...4706.18562..19523...0.0..0.365.2246.18j3j0j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0j0i22i30j33i160j33i22i29i30j33i21.tC0XEKQj-fs&ved=0ahUKEwisx_rh_u7jAhVGrxoKHUNIBxEQ4dUDCAc&uact=5

I had a sidecar in the 80's!

just to get around the L plate laws.

I'm not sure if the rules have changed but I could legally

take anybody in the sidecar but only full bike licence holders

on the pillion seat of the bike

Oh Yes! I had 1 of those too :thumb:

So did I . On a GSX 250 custom . The thing used to bounce up in the air .

Me too on a XS250 custom, forgot it was there a few times & curbed it :oops:

My m8 had one these on his bike and its didnt even touch the floor/road as he had a bungee cord holding it off the road as its says it's to be fitted but nothing to say it had to touch the road .. .. dont know if it's still the same ... .

My m8 had one these on his bike and its didnt even touch the floor/road as he had a bungee cord holding it off the road as its says it's to be fitted but nothing to say it had to touch the road .. .. dont know if it's still the same ... .

I can't see why he would have done that . The Sidewinder allowed the bike to lean in either direction . Having it up in the air would have seriously affected the handling . Here's the other half of the advert .

PhotoEditor_20190807_072247841.thumb.jpg.0667cb0d658f2749de8511c27df467a0.jpg

The legislation hasn't been updated intentionally: the FIM sidecar worldcup championships are the only remaining original FIM road racing championship class that started in 1949. They have fought to keep this title for years and kept the legislation lax for this reason: where else are you gonna get the next genereration of racers? No one would choose it over a normal bike intentionally so there's gotta be a way to intice them.

A sidecar makes so much sense in many situations, okay so it limits you as well in that you can't filter and will reduce your overall speed, but much more stable, greater carrying capacity and able to carry long items, not to mention you can build something unique :thumb:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1025&bih=482&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=JHtKXdbOEICe1fAPyPGSqA4&q=unusual+sidecars&oq=unusual+sidecars&gs_l=img.12...47484.69120..71254...0.0..0.1919.3262.15j0j1j8-1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i24j0j0i5i30j0i8i30j0i30j0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i8i7i30.bBIuOUtD9yE&ved=

A sidecar makes so much sense in many situations, okay so it limits you as well in that you can't filter and will reduce your overall speed, but much more stable, greater carrying capacity and able to carry long items, not to mention you can build something unique :thumb:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1025&bih=482&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=JHtKXdbOEICe1fAPyPGSqA4&q=unusual+sidecars&oq=unusual+sidecars&gs_l=img.12...47484.69120..71254...0.0..0.1919.3262.15j0j1j8-1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.......0i24j0j0i5i30j0i8i30j0i30j0i7i30j0i7i5i30j0i8i7i30.bBIuOUtD9yE&ved=

There was one a few weeks ago coming from the direction of The Raven cafe on the A41 his sidecar was a boat :lol:

There was one a few weeks ago coming from the direction of The Raven cafe on the A41 his sidecar was a boat :lol:

There's a YT clip of one being launched, iirc it was posted here sometime ago, would be handy for my fishing trips, i have an electric outboard and battery, could quite easily do the electrics to charge on the go :thumb:

I can't see why he would have done that . The Sidewinder allowed the bike to lean in either direction . Having it up in the air would have seriously affected the handling . Here's the other half of the advert .

If you look at the bottom left photo just think that pulled right up tight to the side the bike and on the other side a side panner then it will be equals size and weight . Is was a way round .

couldn't find it on here, must have been another forum :lol: so found it again on YT :thumb:

edit: did find it, originally posted by @JRH :thumb:

">

" Young couple " ? He looks about 40 . But this is probably why the world was a better place back then . Now we've got children trying to bring up children without bothering to even think about a job or buying a house . If more couples concentrated on motorcycles and boats instead of all this sex and drugs we wouldn't be in such a pickle as a nation. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Oh Yes! I had 1 of those too :thumb:

So did I . On a GSX 250 custom . The thing used to bounce up in the air .

Me too on a XS250 custom, forgot it was there a few times & curbed it :oops:

I whacked into several parked cars within minutes of acquiring the wretched thing . Luckily they weren't in my street so I just kept going .

I take it a pillion can't sit on the sidewinder :lol: