Daelim roadsport 2011 electrics gone dead

Shaun89

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can give some advice because when it comes to electronics on this bike it's just so complicated. Basically the electrics have gone completely dead I've tested the battery thats fine I've tested power to ignition that's fine but when you turn the key nothing... it's just dead no sounds no lights, I've checked around for loose wires ect everything seems to be intact and everything looks in order I've checked fuse box all fuses are okay, I just cant understand why the bikes showing no sign of life, last time it was running it cut out at traffic lights and all the power just died, any ideas what would just kill the electrics

Can claim on the insurance and replace it, would be easier than playing with magic and wizardry

Rich , give it a rest mate , this is not very helpful .

Buy yourself a cheap multi meter and watch some youtube vids. hopefully you will be able to trace the fault.

As said above, check the earth as they cause the majority of electric problems

You don't even need a multimeter - Use a 12v bulb or horn; ground one terminal and touch the other to the 'input' to the main fuse. If nothing, then the issue is back from there, through the ignition switch. Not a lot of wire to trace.

However, if that is not the problem (you have power at (and through) the main fuse, then you will need a voltmeter to trace the fault.

:cheers:

I've actually traced electrical problems in the past by placing the bike in total darkness and having a good fiddle around until I see a spark ! Not very scientific but whatever works . 😉