What's the best accessory...

Smithers

That you bought for your current bike?

If you have more than one favourite, let's hear about it!

Me personally, it has to be the custom made ear plugs and the BikeSeal stuff you put in your tyres https://bikeseal.co.uk/

[mention]fastbob[/mention] pm'd me and reckons he's over the moon with his recent installation. Well done fastbob, I'm glad you came round to doing it. :thumb:

Edited by Smithers

Best accessories are Puig Touring screen, TomTom 550 and Denali mini soundbomb horn.

On the subject of gunk in tyres I was under the impression that fastbob was vehemently opposed to it. Like to know why he changed his mind.

What's the best accessory that I have bought for my current bike?

The sat nav doesn't count as I already owned it.

So.. thus far.

Tubeless wheels. I hated the idea of riding on tubes.

Grip Puppies. Handlebar grips are always too narrow for me.. like holding a pencil in each hand.

Short screen. The original touring screen just had to go.

Scorpion Exhaust can. I liked the looks.. the side effect was a vast improvement in the sound and looks.

But, by far all these pale into insignificance against the option I went for when I bought the bike. Its DCT transmission.

Which aside from being by far the best gear change method i have ever experienced in my entire life is also the mother of all quick shifters and makes the bike truly exciting to ride. Also after many years riding a BMW Boxer.. I have no worries whatsoever about the clutch. or any (mechanical) cables snapping. its has two clutches that experience zero stresses and so are effectively eternal and no mechanical cables at all. Marvellous.

jJ26RfRh.jpg

That you bought for your current bike?

If you have more than one favourite, let's hear about it!

Me personally, it has to be the custom made ear plugs and the BikeSeal stuff you put in your tyres https://bikeseal.co.uk/

@fastbob pm'd me and reckons he's over the moon with his recent installation. Well done fastbob, I'm glad you came round to doing it. :thumb:

I detest that slimey shite as well you know . I'm beginning to wonder whether you've bought a pallet of it that you can't shift on eBay .

The best accessories I've bought recently are an extended idle adjustment screw and an extended pilot air screw both with a finger turnable wheel on the end . It makes fine tuning the Harley a little easier because it's difficult to use a screwdriver on an engine that won't keep still .

1565893598396100601787426026274.thumb.jpg.b857c335cc836ee4baf9d25a00b87659.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

Most recent buys are oxford tail pack and panniers and tankbag, my next buy were 2 piece waterproofs from Amazon which cost 17 quid and keep me dry even when its raining enough to sink a battleship :thumb:

Most recent buys are oxford tail pack and panniers and tankbag, my next buy were 2 piece waterproofs from Amazon which cost 17 quid and keep me dry even when its raining enough to sink a battleship :thumb:

What brand are these waterproofs ?

Guest Richzx6r

What brand are these waterproofs ?

Honestly I don't know but I will check them n let you know

Hmmm... I'll have to try those Grip Puppies. My bars on both bikes feel just that little bit too narrow on longer rides.

I like Oxford Fat Grips , only slightly larger but very grippy which reduces hand and arm fatigue . I had them on both bikes .

Don't they mean removing the original rubbers?How does that work with heated grips?

The grip puppies slide over the original grips and can easily be cut off to return the bike to stock. I like them for the simplicity and that they don't affect heated grips. They are very grippy neoprene sponge that doesn't soak up water, best put on using soapy water as lube then left overnight to dry out. You might describe them as oversize grips that act somewhat like shock absorbers for your hands.

hidden kill switch

Not a great idea when you're lying on your back and the bike is further down the road on its side revving it's tits off .

hidden kill switch

Not a great idea when you're lying on your back and the bike is further down the road on its side revving it's tits off .

wow say one thing and you hear somthing else. the hidden kill switch is the must have accessory. that does not mean you have to disable anything. how does hidden switch make me lie on my back? why can't you shut off a bike that has a hidden security device? you make absolutely no sense. are you Canadian? If it's good enough for the road warrior its tits.

hidden kill switch

wow say one thing and you hear somthing else. the hidden kill switch is the must have accessory. that does not mean you have to disable anything. how does hidden switch make me lie on my back? why can't you shut off a bike that has a hidden security device? you make absolutely no sense. are you Canadian? If it's good enough for the road warrior its tits.

I was just pointing out the benefits of having the kill switch prominently displayed so that in the unfortunate event of an accident a member of the public or fellow motorcyclist can find it quickly and turn off the engine . As I'm sure you are aware , an engine running whilst in a horizontal position is likely to suffer permanent damage due to oil starvation . Doesn't your bike have an ignition key ?