Peter Fonda

fastbob

What an influence he was on our generation Bob!

Yeah , I'm not sure if it was a particularly wholesome one to be absolutely honest . 🤪

Yeah , I'm not sure if it was a particularly wholesome one to be absolutely honest . 🤪

I dunno.......if you look around at the non-biking ones in our generation the majority are seriously boring bast*rds. And they moan about everything!

Even worse over here is they also seem to want to dress like Kenneth Williams in "Carry on Camping".

I avoid non-biking old f**kers like the plague!

I dunno.......if you look around at the non-biking ones in our generation the majority are seriously boring bast*rds. And they moan about everything!

Even worse over here is they also seem to want to dress like Kenneth Williams in "Carry on Camping".

Brilliant ! It never really occurred to me but I suppose I do as well . Oh , you have made me chuckle !

Brilliant ! It never really occurred to me but I suppose I do as well . Oh , you have made me chuckle !

Exactly Bob! Our generation seems to have had the life force sucked out of them.

And the outlook on life they have now is the polar opposite of what they had 40 years ago.

hope they put the easy rider film on the one eyed monster this weekend in the memory of him

Strangely enough it was on last night as it’s 5O years since it’s release.

I watched it & recorded it and yet again can’t remember it all coz I was stoned, which is the law when watching that film ( along with any of the Cheech & Chong films )

Exactly Bob! Our generation seems to have had the life force sucked out of them.

And the outlook on life they have now is the polar opposite of what they had 40 years ago.

Sounds just like my brother in law. A real stick in the mud and boring as hell. His wife is worse.

filed a draft card for viet nam at the post office, but the war was over. grew up at that time. took acid, every one did but I was a 2 stroker. never was a Harley fan because its too hard to push when I break down. have the same helmet but mine is blue metal flake. grew up in the north. have no idea what living in the south is like. never been to the paris line.

filed a draft card for viet nam at the post office, but the war was over. grew up at that time. took acid, every one did but I was a 2 stroker. never was a Harley fan because its too hard to push when I break down. have the same helmet but mine is blue metal flake. grew up in the north. have no idea what living in the south is like. never been to the paris line.

Paris line, never heard of that before, is it like the mason dixon line

its a quote from the movie. thats where the red necks shoot them.

Right ...Any thoughts on the sad departure of Peter

Fonda ?

" I don't think they'll make the PARISH line " to quote from the movie. A parish is an administrative area in the state of Louisiana that is equivalent to a county in the rest of the United States . Paris is the capital city of France .

PhotoEditor_20190818_013913997.thumb.jpg.b65530b888414fa42b6e6fc327a0b909.jpg

Edited by fastbob

" I don't think they'll make the PARISH line " to quote from the movie. A parish is an administrative area in the state of Louisiana that is equivalent to a county in the rest of the United States . Paris is the capital city of France .

you are correct. I'm from the north where we have no parish. I live in a borough. we had a civil war in this country. the north has a flag. the same one as on captin americas bike and helmet. in that part of the country they salute the stars and bars. thats why peter fonda gets shot. this country is not as screwed up as it was at that time in history. I don't like the south. I do like the west.

RIP .

His sister was a looker ...

I was going to say that woman looks like Jane Fonda but younger and then I realised she is. :lol: I didn't realise they were related as I didn't want to assume just cause they share the same surname that they are... but seems they are!

I take it you've not heard of Henry Fonda , the father, and Bridget Fonda the daughter either then .

Yep, the Fonda’s were a big acting dynasty.

:offtopic:

You may be more familiar with this picture of Jane. From Barbarella.

2DF3A9DF-2F03-471C-A5EE-AC86B04463FF.thumb.jpeg.1936a0b2188b690d44f4029e747145a2.jpeg

RIP .

His sister was a looker ...

I was going to say that woman looks like Jane Fonda but younger and then I realised she is. :lol: I didn't realise they were related as I didn't want to assume just cause they share the same surname that they are... but seems they are!

I take it you've not heard of Henry Fonda , the father, and Bridget Fonda the daughter either then .

I have not, [mention]fastbob[/mention]. I’ve also never seen that movie either [mention]JRH[/mention].

I have not, @fastbob. I’ve also never seen that movie either @JRH.

Have you seen The Grapes of Wrath or Jackie Brown ? Single White Female perhaps ?