Mantis scratch remover

Phooey

I often hear people ask what is the best thing to improve faded or sun damaged headlamps. Like many people I have tried the toothpaste tricks and all the expensive polishes and formulas. Last weekend a mate suggested this scratch remover stuff. Jesus H Christ! I am impressed. The headlamp in the picture has been polished on the left side with a dab of this stuff on a microfibre cloth for about 2 minutes. Right hand side untouched. The picture doesn't really do it justice! At the weekend I shall spend a bit more time and give it a proper working. I am impressed with this so far though. The best part? It cost £5 and the tube will last longer than the car.

headlamp.jpg.aaad3ac78dc9800892c660c805a4a10e.jpg

842192354_scratchremover.thumb.jpg.2f6a24cd51f109e9af205ae3469c33f8.jpg

Looks like good stuff, bought some stuff from Halfords a few years ago I can’t remember the brand, it did a good job but within a few weeks the lights were the same again hope this stuff actually lasts.

Looks like good stuff, bought some stuff from Halfords a few years ago I can’t remember the brand, it did a good job but within a few weeks the lights were the same again hope this stuff actually lasts.

I'll let you know!

Interesting post.

I've been thinking about getting something like that for my clk.....one of the lights looks brand new, the other looks 100 years old.

Done loads of searches on this - toothpaste only works if it has bicarb in it .

The important thing I learned is that you need to spray the lenses with UV resistant clear lacquer afterwards, otherwise they go manky again pretty quickly.

Interesting post.

I've been thinking about getting something like that for my clk.....one of the lights looks brand new, the other looks 100 years old.

Done loads of searches on this - toothpaste only works if it has bicarb in it .

The important thing I learned is that you need to spray the lenses with UV resistant clear lacquer afterwards, otherwise they go manky again pretty quickly.

Yes you have to UV spray or you're wasting your time.

This looks brilliant, I'm going to give this one a try, I'd never heard of it till now .... Thanks for posting :thumb:

You're welcome. I hadn't heard of it either. When my mate suggested it I thought yeah right another crap waste of money product but for a fiver I thought I'd give it a go. Like I said, the pic doesn't really do it justice. I was amazed!

This looks brilliant, I'm going to give this one a try, I'd never heard of it till now .... Thanks for posting :thumb:

if you are using it on plastic lens you can use fine 2000 grit wet and dry paper with lots of water to remove the caked on crap. After this the lens will be hazed up. This stuff returns the clear look. As you said though, UV top coat is a must.

if you are using it on plastic lens you can use fine 2000 grit wet and dry paper with lots of water to remove the caked on crap. After this the lens will be hazed up. This stuff returns the clear look. As you said though, UV top coat is a must.

Used to do the same with acrylic windows, wet and dry, t cut, finish with brasso