IOM MGP

skyrider

Yep, just looking out of the window now, mountain is sucked in with fog and rain forecast, can't believe it's the middle of practice week and still no racing :cry: Looks like its off to the pub again with a couple of mates who are over for the week :cheers: Possibility of an afternoon practice session tomorrow, I won't hold my breath though.

They're hoping to do a couple of qualifying laps this afternoon, roads closing at 12:30, not looking good though, rain and mountain is still foggy, helicopter won't be able to fly so that will put pays to that. Forecast says it should be clearing up so keeping my fingers crossed for this evenings practice. Just came home via the grandstand this morning, really quiet up there, not like MGP (FOM) at all.

they are on their way with the evening practice in the rain

This is the problem, I know they only did one lap but it seems like the organisers get desperate to get some racing in and make stupid decisions, I came home via Glen Helen, into Ramsey then over the mountain, the roads were absolutely crap, I don't think it was a wise decision to even do one lap! See how today goes, roads close at 12:30 just looking at the mountain and its thick with fog again, helicopter has just had to pick its way down the coast to Ramsey because it can't go over the top ....

• 2 weeks later...

keep your eye on a lad called james hind one to watch in the future and only 19 too :cheers:

Definitely an ace of the mountain course for the future, reminded me a lot of Robert Dunlop in his riding style, very precise and in control, from what I seen he was a pleasure to watch

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-sport/hind-blitzes-field-to-take-lightweight-mgp-victory/