cb360 cam chain tensioner restomod

Guest ftw

I've looked at the upgraded parts that consist of a differently shaped tensioner blade and a modified mounting bracket in a very informative YouTube video and it looks fine to me .

that's exactly the part that is defective. go ahead buy one and install it correctly. you have no idea what you are talking about. all other honda cb's use a different design. there is a reason honda no longer makes this part or make bikes this way. it is dangerous. what I did is bike specific and neither of you know this bike.

the video looks fine to me too but its all bullsh*t from the people selling this defective part. I've already told you that though.

Iv'e picked out pieces three times from the crankcase. the last time it went through the back of the head.

I’m not familiar with that particular engine and without having one in front of me to actually look at and take measurements from it would be impossible to say exactly what I’d do but it wouldn’t involve the cheapest crap available that’s for sure.

ok, lets see one of your excellent repairs. where is your post? yes I get it, you only do it the right way and my repairs are dog sh*t. hate to tell you but the cheapest crap today in many cases is better than nos 1974 ever was.

But I haven't got s CB 360 and nor has anyone else ! Here's a recent engine build of mine . I've done about 3000 miles on the bike with no issues . I have already provided a link to my post . But you are still missing the actual point it's not your crude modifications that are the issue here . It's the obnoxious way that you preach to this forum . You dreamt up a makeshift repair to a nasty old bike and you figured out a cheap battery eliminator but please don't present this stuff as if you have discovered fire .

PhotoEditor_20190824_072249004.thumb.jpg.c7177274fc3d6cbaa74fb9e569c3a5f7.jpg

PhotoEditor_20190824_072339699.thumb.jpg.e9f55b67d774eb7fe20502215c765d53.jpg

Thank you for highlighting the cam chain weakness of the CB360, I'll strike it off my bucket list of bikes to own before I die.

Perhaps we should start a thread on bikes that are complete turds and why?

The 360 could be at the top.

If the bike is such a lemon,(your words), why own it?

There must be hundreds of better ,more reliable bikes from the era.

Thank you for highlighting the cam chain weakness of the CB360, I'll strike it off my bucket list of bikes to own before I die.

Perhaps we should start a thread on bikes that are complete turds and why?

The 360 could be at the top.

Brace yourself . 🙄

all my bikes are from that era. I consider it the golden age of motorcycles. mid 70's are old enough to be antique but can be ridden. earlier bikes are a real problem because they are hopelessly antique. non synchromesh transmissions are a no no in city traffic.

because its restomoded. finally its completely reliable once the faulty slipper is gone. everything eles is new. ignition, charging system, lights, carbs, wheel bearings, tires, all new. im coming up on 3k miles on that 360. fun to ride, 50mpg, 6 speed tranny kick and go no switches or battery. 1hp per 10 lbs.

why own it. its a California thing. a local mechanics ride and meet. its called the dirtbag challenge. as an American I feel its my duty. I saw this bike come up on the internet and pulled the trigger. 400$ for the bike and a spare engine.

fastbob nice build. I asked xmachina.

xmachina, you can't hide on the internet. anyone who logs in can read your posts and see what you are all about. I don't care how many likes you get your posts you have no build threads. you limit yourself to short stupid comments.

all my bikes are from that era. I consider it the golden age of motorcycles. mid 70's are old enough to be antique but can be ridden. earlier bikes are a real problem because they are hopelessly antique. non synchromesh transmissions are a no no in city traffic.

because its restomoded. finally its completely reliable once the faulty slipper is gone. everything eles is new. ignition, charging system, lights, carbs, wheel bearings, tires, all new. im coming up on 3k miles on that 360. fun to ride, 50mpg, 6 speed tranny kick and go no switches or battery. 1hp per 10 lbs.

why own it. its a California thing. a local mechanics ride and meet. its called the dirtbag challenge. as an American I feel its my duty. I saw this bike come up on the internet and pulled the trigger. 400$ for the bike and a spare engine.

I have a couple of 70s Jap machines ,'70 SS125 and a '75 GT380.

The 125 has been rebuilt over the last year, see my thread in the restoration section.

20151011_151151-1024x614.thumb.jpg.a27b51d6c0472d49b221f3ad4512568c.jpg

20190508_200928-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.655aba6755292c0e613ba67a327dafbb.jpg

xmachina, you can't hide on the internet. anyone who logs in can read your posts and see what you are all about. I don't care how many likes you get your posts you have no build threads. you limit yourself to short stupid comments.

Do me a favour. Who’s hiding? Anyone is free to read anything I post, is that supposed to be an insult or a veiled threat - I can’t work out which and I don’t care much either way.

No, I don’t have a ‘build’ thread as I’d hardly call riding and maintaining a build so guess what, I don’t post it! Also, I don’t need to ramble on for 5 paragraphs to make my point. So far all you’ve done is drone on about running with no battery and a half arsed repair and shout ‘Murica. :lol:

xmachina, you have been outed.

bianco, way cool bikes. :cheers:

I've been through 3 sets of slippers. one broke on top, one on the bottom and one in the middle. just remember to do it like fastbob says for a quality repair. :booty:

Philosophy time: If a bodge works better than what it replaces, is it really a bodge? This is just basically a manual tensioner, I'd be quite pleased if I made that and it worked

I think that's all that's going on here. :cheers: :cheers: