Am I doing this wrong?

Mississippi Bullfrog

Today I was filtering through busy traffic being my usual careful and courteous self, wearing my textiles with a hi viz vest, boots, gloves, flip front helmet.

Approaching one set of lights I sussed they were about to change so slotted in behind a car and moved off smoothly with the flow.

When screaming between the lines of cars come this guy on a twist and go scooter. Open face helmet, t shirt, shorts and open sandals. No gloves.

But written across the back of his t shirt was the logo....By the grace of God.

He was cutting his way through the traffic like a homesick angel, which made me wonder if I wasn't being just a tad over cautious?

Nah! perfectly sensible, it's nobs like that the give the sensible bikers a bad rep, serve the tit right if he ends up bolloxed on the road, pity the buggers that will have to scrape him up after though :thumb:

Guest Richzx6r

Nah Mississippi I'd say you were doing nothing out of the ordinary that any other self preserving rider wouldn't have done too, I would say it was the scooter rider that was doing it all wrong

Your riding sounds like you were being a great ambassador for our sport, the nob on the scoot, from what you say, probably won't be on the road for much longer anyway riding like that! We seem. to be getting a lot of them over here now, they seem to have sprung up over the last 12mths, groups of young kids on scoots riding like cocks.

I couldn't care less about the manner other people dress, or ride.

There is a penalty for inappropriate dress when things go wrong.

Rash.thumb.jpg.77ef445a21709da4102754366ea9e24d.jpg

Im guessing this chap wont make the same mistake again. a hard lesson though.

weeks of pain and sleepless nights...

I couldn't care less about the manner other people dress, or ride.

There is a penalty for inappropriate dress when things go wrong.

Rash.jpg

Im guessing this chap wont make the same mistake again. a hard lesson though.

weeks of pain and sleepless nights...

could have been worse, someone with a twisted sense of humour like myself could have thrown some salt over him :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

Wow hes not going to forget that in a hurry :shock:

Lesson learnt the hard way! To add insult to injury they scrub skin like that in A&E to clean out the gravel and road crap, so for him, there would be more pain to come, seen quite a few people riding in shorts and T Shirts, beggars belief .... Its their skin I suppose!

TT Last year I was amazed at how many people were doing it, they weren't pootling around some of them either, one guy went past me on the mountain, I was doing 80! He had a leather jacket on but wearing shorts!! :shock: