Italian recovery company - damaged bike

Xavier950

Managed to damage my bike riding through the Alps

The bike was recovered by an Italian garage (Company A) and taken to their premises

It stayed there for a couple of weeks before a separate company (Company B) then collected the bike and returned it back to the UK

I've noticed there is a big dent in the tank on the opposite side to where my bike went down.

I have photos following the incident when Company A recovered the bike (no dent in photos)

I have photos of when Company B collected the bike from Company (dent in photos)

My conclusion - Company A damaged the bike

My problem is that this Italian company is now claiming that it wasn't them. They have already been paid

Where do I stand/how do I proceed?

Ideally I'd like to get some sort of cost recovery for the damage that they caused?

For full disclosure I had:

Third party, fire and theft cover only

No European breakdown cover

(I'm aware of the stupidity here)

Thank you

Learn from your mistakes. Get the tank repaired or replaced. I doubt you can do anything to recover any monies, given the circumstances. You can't prove anything and you're dealing with a different legal system, different language, with no support.

£30 or £40 spent on European recovery and its included insurance through the RAC, Green Flag or similar would have been enough to save you all this trouble

It's a common problem - I've seen it a few times: 2 Italians maneuvering a bike and just chatting about what brakes it's got etc - then one will say nissins are better than brembo or something and the other will disagree, they argue, they'll both stand up and shout and do this thing

imgur_reaction.gif.b65e7153fecff977806860b6d78b62e2.gif

Then the bike topples over. Whatayagonnado...

It's a common problem - I've seen it a few times: 2 Italians maneuvering a bike and just chatting about what brakes it's got etc - then one will say nissins are better than brembo or something and the other will disagree, they argue, they'll both stand up and shout and do this thing

imgur_reaction.gif

This image almost made the whole situation worth it

imgur_reaction.gif

This image almost made the whole situation worth it

Good