Disgraceful and Mindless Act

manxie49

IMHO this is a serious criminal act at best, potential terrorism at worst .... I hope whoever is responsible is arrested and sent to prison for a long term. If these acts are supposed to rally support to their cause then the organisers of such disgraceful behaviour are seriously misguided :evil:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/29/climate-activists-plan-to-use-drones-to-shut-down-heathrow-airport-next-month/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=4rxsZoEOuU-Amjs3BN75EQ

I am all for sorting the climate but to put 100's if not 1000's of lives at risk is despicable. I agree Manxie that is a terrorist attack! Definition of terrorism being:

'I'm going to frighten the shit out you till I get what I want'.

I am all for sorting the climate but to put 100's if not 1000's of lives at risk is despicable. I agree Manxie that is a terrorist attack! Definition of terrorism being:

'I'm going to frighten the shit out you till I get what I want'.

Yep....can't argue with that definition, sounds about spot on!

There was a story in the paper then other day about a conservative mp who sent an open letter to some pop group 1975 iv never fecking heard them nor will I ever Google to se whonthe feck they are

But this buch of dicks who sworn alliances to these fecking inbreads terrorists idiots rebellion fuckwits this band has said that they plan to give all there money from one song to these rebellion nutters

When they get back off there yes you guessed it WORLD TOUR they are flying all round the world playing to there braindeads .

So much for climate change..

The MP asked there manager if they was using the same boat that 16 old loon sailed to America on her protests about climate change yet she had boats and planes watching her 24/7 dumping crap in to the climate in protest of climate change

You cant even comprehend the hypocrisy of them you cant take them serious ..

Emma Thompson flys 1st class from LA to London sits in a boat stopping thousands ppl from getting to work and there daily lives THEN gets back on to 747 flys back to LA 1st class ALL IN THE NAME OF AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE ha ha ha ha ha

surprising that Conservative backbencher David TC Davies chose to note down his thoughts in an open letter that he posted on Twitter.

However, the Monmouth MP didn't write about Brexit, his leader suspending Parliament or next week's spending review.

He's instead taken time to write to pop group The 1975 about the travel arrangements for their upcoming tour.

In case you'd missed it, Swedish climate change activist Greta Thunberg has recorded an essay about climate change for The 1975's new album, Notes on a Conditional Form.

In the essay, which she recites over ambient music from the Manchester band, Thunberg calls for "civil disobedience" and says "it is time to rebel".

The profits of the song will go to Extinction Rebellion.

What the MP has said

"Hey guys, I've been listening to the climate change essay recorded by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg for your new album.

"Apparently, you feel so strongly about the 'climate emergency' that you are donating all proceeds from the track to Extinction Rebellion so they can continue to block roads and prevent people from getting to work".

Ouch.

But it goes on.

"And next week you are setting off to work yourselves, on a world tour, playing concerts in South Korea, Hong Kong, the Phillippines, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and various venues across America. You do get around don't you..."

And more...

"Given your concern about a climate emergency I just wondered how you are going to get to these places? ARe you travelling to Asia on the Trans-Siberian Express? Or will you be sailing in a £4m super yacht like your mate Greta?

"Do tell us. We must silence any mean-minded sceptics who think it's a tad hypocritical to preach on the evils of carbon emissions one minute - then jet across the globe the next!

"In any case, there may be a 'climate emergency' but any reasonable person can see that wealthy musicians being unable to fly where and when they want, to play gigs, would be a far greater emergency."

He's nearly finished

"Have a safe flight (or flights) Yours, David TC Davies"

But not quite

"PS. Are you going to be asking Extinction Rebellion to block roads in the cities when you play so that we can be certain nobody drives to one of your concerts by car

IMHO this is a serious criminal act at best, potential terrorism at worst .... I hope whoever is responsible is arrested and sent to prison for a long term. If these acts are supposed to rally support to their cause then the organisers of such disgraceful behaviour are seriously misguided :evil:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/08/29/climate-activists-plan-to-use-drones-to-shut-down-heathrow-airport-next-month/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=4rxsZoEOuU-Amjs3BN75EQ

Keep the planes on the ground with engines running.. climate change morons hate it when cars sit in traffic with their engines running, so they will go totally bat-sh1t-crazy if a bunch of planes sit on the runway with their engines running!! :lol:

There was a story in the paper then other day about a conservative mp who sent an open letter to some pop group 1975 iv never fecking heard them nor will I ever Google to se whonthe feck they are

But this buch of dicks who sworn alliances to these fecking inbreads terrorists idiots rebellion f**k this band has said that they plan to give all there money from one song to these rebellion nutters

When they get back off there yes you guessed it WORLD TOUR they are flying all round the world playing to there braindeads .

The MP asked there manager if they was using the same boat that 16 old loon sailed to America on her protests about climate change yet she had boats and planes watching her 24/7 dumping crap in to the climate in protest of climate change

Emma Thompson flys 1st class from LA to London sits in a boat stopping thousands ppl from getting to work and there daily lives THEN gets back on to 747 flys back to LA 1st class ALL IN THE NAME OF AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE ha ha ha ha ha

This is what annoys me more than anything, its the hypocrisy, one of the so called organisers was photographed getting into their Range Rover Evoque to go home after disrupting traffic around London, It's just a big F-----g jolly for people with nothing better to do and time on their hands. I do feel we need to do something about climate change but these half wits are like petulant children who don't get their own way so are just hell bent on disrupting everyone else's lives.

Edited by manxie49

Majority of climate change is due to solar activity.

Not much we can do about that!

Yes people choose not to mention that as it doesn't fit in with their political agenda

The problem with climate change is it was politicised. Strip the media spin and the political agendas and you are just left with the scientific research.

With Earth's orbit, volcanic activity, solar output, and CO2 emissions, the assessment is we've been warming the planet for the last 200 years, in time with the industrial revolution.

Solar output has actually decreased from what it was in the 70s, but heating continued. While the suns temperature will tend upwards, current estimates state 0.8-1.2 billion years before it renders the Earth uninhabitable.

On topic, these idiots are just heavily politicised. The planet is doomed depending on what timescale you look at. More attention needs to be drawn to the fact there's only 50 years of natural gas/oil left at current consumption (although this is a moving target). So like it or not, in very human timescales we are going to exhaust resources that heat our homes and power our planes. And herein is a big reason why industry is responding with cleaner technologies in cars/batteries/planes/etc. They won't have a business if they keep on going as they are.

Which is a fact the political opposition to those supporting climate change conveniently leave out :?

Even when they are noticed, anti-Iraq war march was noticed and ignored. Plus others.

Remember the guy camped outside of parliament? That’s about as peaceful as you get. They quietly evicted him from the square and swept away all his banners and placards. Think he died of cancer not long after,

Politicians LOVE peaceful protest.

A peaceful protest need not be quiet but being stupid and dangerous has an effect on all protesters and future protests, which may make the authorities less tolerable than they used to be :cheers:

But this buch of dicks who sworn alliances to these fecking inbreads terrorists idiots rebellion f**k this band has said that they plan to give all there money from one song to these rebellion nutters

This is what annoys me more than anything, its the hypocrisy, one of the so called organisers was photographed getting into their Range Rover Evoque to go home after disrupting traffic around London, It's just a big F-----g jolly for people with nothing better to do and time on their hands. I do feel we need to do something about climate change but these half wits are like petulant children who don't get their own way so are just hell bent on disrupting everyone else's lives.

Driving an Evoque is punishment in itself though, although they are doing their bit for climate change by driving one, it’s likely to break down before they get home,taking a car off the road.

I saw the Extinction Rebellion pink yacht the other day on the M4, getting towed along by a Mitsubishi L200, thought they’d at least have used a Tesla :P .

While I agree with them that we do need to act on climate change, their goals are completely unrealistic, I think one of them is to be carbon neutral by 2025?, really?, 6 years to change power generation, manufacturing and transport?, yeah good luck with that.

• 2 weeks later...