Yam MT10

manxie49

I have had my 2018 MT10 just over a year now so here's my two bobs worth...

I'll start with the negatives.

100 mile tank range is very poor and probably my biggest gripe.

To think my 2007 R1 would regularly do 130 miles on the same sized tank just isn't right!

The seat is uncomfortable.I have changed for a comfort seat.

Getting the seat on and off is a real PITA.Very strange design.

Pegs are lows so if you track day you will need rear sets.

Suspension is ok after setting up but if your a heavyweight like me your gunna need stronger springs.

I have changed out the shock and will be getting new springs for the front soon.

People say the brakes are crap but I find them ok.

Now the positives.

Engine.If this doesn't rock your boat then maybe its time to get out the water...

Comfort.Low pegs mean plenty of leg room, even for me at 6 foot 2.riding position is fine, and there seems very little wind noise or buffeting for an unfaired bike.

It's very wheelie prone...

Handling and ride feel like a 600 to me, very enjoyable.

Overall i would say I think it's brilliant.

I don't know anything about the competition but have to say this bike makes me smile every time I ride it.

Completely bonkers!

Cheers.

In the short time I spent riding it I'd agree with everything you've said, at 94kg I found the suspension to be pretty good, I think that I'd want to stiffen things up if I was pushing it harder or doing a track day but it seemed quite user friendly to me, amazing piece of machinery :thumb:

10k on mine - love it. Small tank though - reserve kicks in at 80 miles, 100 to bingo. And seat is hard - comfort seat a deffo requirement for touring. So I'm sure there are better tourers. I don't have a screen or anything but I did 609 miles to Wales in 2 days and, seat aside, all was well. 20190818_100233.jpg

It's quite fast too.

Looking forward to riding that tomorrow dude:-)

I may just have to try getting a test ride on one, just one question is it more comfortable than a zx6r??

Lol as said we are swapping tomorrow for a laugh. Me n Geoff are kinda WhatsApp pals on our biker group. No doubt Geoff will get off and moan about the zx6r tho lmao.

Guest Richzx6r

I may just have to try getting a test ride on one, just one question is it more comfortable than a zx6r??

Lol as said we are swapping tomorrow for a laugh. Me n Geoff are kinda WhatsApp pals on our biker group. No doubt Geoff will get off and moan about the zx6r tho lmao.

I must say I think I'll stick with a 1200 tiger next or a cruiser

I promise not to moan 😉

Never ridden ZX6R, It was defo more comfortable than a fireblade though....

New zx6r are torture racks, I love mine and it has its purpose but comfortable it's not. Older sports bikes are much more comfy, pals k5 gixxer was practically a tourer in comparison.

The mt10 is awesome, lacks a bit of revs for me but that's my only negative, I did jump of my 16k rpm ninja tho.

The power is everywhere even in mode 2, hold it on the stop and it floats the front wheel in the first 3-4 gears, so much power at such a low rpm it's unbelievable. Very upright almost adventure bike upright which was a lovely welcome break after the kwaka.

I've had fast 1k sports and I must say it felt easy to ride but would be a bit intimidating to some, I would take a while to explore it's potential, take that as a positive or a negative if you like to push on a bit... Best have a good bit of throttle control and anticipate ya corner speed to get on the anchors. All in all a solid 9-10... If you want excitement have a test ride people, just wish the roads were clearer yesterday.