First Service

Mclovin147

Hey guys!

My bikes due for its first Service in around 2 weeks, it’s a Honda CB125R, problem is I haven’t be able to ride it as much as I would like, it only has 50-60 miles on the clock through short rides here and there when I at home with it. I’m still very much building confidence and getting comfortable with riding at the moment, so I haven’t had the balls to take it long distance to rack up some big miles yet, but anyway, if I remember correctly I think the guy said first service is either at 6 weeks, or once you hit 500 miles on the clock, whichever comes first, I think, can’t recall properly. Will it be ok going in to it’s first service with only 75-100 miles on the clock (My expectations with current usage) - or should try my best to get as many miles on the clock as possible? Am I able/Should I postpone the service until Iv got more mileage on it?

Also, will the service cost me anything? I bought the bike outright and paid £375 for the Honda service plan, so not sure if they will charge me for it?

First bike and first vehicle, so a complete noob all around sorry lol

You’ve still got two weeks to get your mileage up. You don’t have to go on long journeys just spending a day riding around the local area will get your mileage up while also building your confidence.

I say you need to get your bum in the seat and get out there.

I would imagine the £375 service plan you paid would include the service would it not? Did they give you any documents when you took out the plan, it should mention what is included. I would imagine changing oil filters would be included in that plan, not sure if it is needed though with your situation.

Oh, I've found some more info on this, it seems you have paid for 3 services with Honda. You can find more info on the link: https://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/my-bike/maintenance/warranty/your-service-plan.html

I was in the same situation, when my first service was due had about 60 miles on her, it was 4 months later when Xena went in with 266 miles done, just depends on how strict they are with the terms of your service agreement, i'm not bothered now as the other services will be done by myself except for a major service just before the MOT is due :thumb:

You guys really need to awaken your spirit of adventure ! I did 300 miles this weekend . I realize that some people's lives are more complicated than others but you really need to make time to just jump on your bike and go .

You guys really need to awaken your spirit of adventure ! I did 300 miles this weekend . I realize that some people's lives are more complicated than others but you really need to make time to just jump on your bike and go .

Not that easy bob in some cases.

My 1st service should be at 600 miles. I took it in at 300 miles and it cost £159 :shock:

Doesn't matter, I never had time in august to hit that mileage working 60 +hours per week due to shitting brexit , the family, dogs, looking after mother (cancer), bit of cycling etc...

Time is very limited for me and others, do the best you can do in the time you have.

Now if I was young free and single i'd have knocked off 600 miles in a week :mrgreen:

My 1st service should be at 600 miles. I took it in at 300 miles and it cost £159 :shock:

Doesn't matter, I never had time in august to hit that mileage working 60 +hours per week due to shitting brexit , the family, dogs, looking after mother (cancer), bit of cycling etc...

Time is very limited for me and others, do the best you can do in the time you have.

Now if I was young free and single i'd have knocked off 600 miles in a week :mrgreen:

Cycling ? I hope you mean motorcycling ....

Exactly what I meant , I do sympathize and I do appreciate my almost complete lack of responsibilities . I am old and free and single , that's just how things have turned out .

Cycling ? I hope you mean motorcycling ....

Nothing wrong with cycling . I got myself fit a couple of years ago and cycled from Fort William to Oban via the entire length of the Outer Hebrides in a week . Motorcycle touring is great but if you really want to appreciate scenery a bicycle is even better . I cycle to work every day , it's good for my health and I have zero transport costs . More money to pour into my tank at the weekends .

I ride a bicycle every day to and from work.. to use the motorbike is just plain stupid for me. my 'commute' is 1.3 miles. even walking takes just 25 minutes.only 15 minutes longer than using the motorbike given all the faffing involved.

I ride a bicycle every day to and from work.. to use the motorbike is just plain stupid for me. my 'commute' is 1.3 miles. even walking takes just 25 minutes.only 15 minutes longer than using the motorbike given all the faffing involved.

Same here , according to the Owners Handbook the choke ( Enrichener ) should still be on when I get to work .

• 3 weeks later...

Bikes just went in for its first service around 30-40 mins ago, decided to drop it off and let them notify me when it’s done rather than wait around.

Still quite concerned that I only managed to put like 130 miles on the clock before it went in, but it was 600 miles or ‘X’ amount of time, which ever comes first, so had to be done I guess!

What exactly does a first service involve?