Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Today taxi driver parked across the bike parking bay, having let out his fare. Determined to wait till they returned, trying to ignore the motorbike behind.

As the que down the high street grew I was patient indicating to taxi that I wanted to park my bike, in the motorbike parking bay.

FInally the taxi rolled forward 10' and I could park my bike, the car behind then jesticulated at ME for wanting to park my bike in a bike parking bay.

So I think there is taxi driver and que of traffic thinking I am the Nob.

Funny things taxi drivers, park in their marked bays and they make it clear in no uncertain terms they are all big and important and you are the knob... When they block the bike parking bay they are still the big guy and you are the knob.

I guess if nothing else it takes one to know one, if taxi drivers are the ones to say they are always the bigger knob then who am I to argue...

Here's a hint for the wise.

You get on your bike in the dark and whilst the back of the bike is near the garage door you think it's worth checking that the brake light is working.

Rear brake - fine.

Front brake - no brake light.

Hmmm...that's odd. Better off to check the micro switch.

Just remember to put the side stand back down BEFORE you get off the bike. Otherwise you will feel a right nob when the bike is on its side on the drive.

And yes - the front switch has packed up.

Guest Richzx6r

Here's a hint for the wise.

You get on your bike in the dark and whilst the back of the bike is near the garage door you think it's worth checking that the brake light is working.

Rear brake - fine.

Front brake - no brake light.

Hmmm...that's odd. Better off to check the micro switch.

Just remember to put the side stand back down BEFORE you get off the bike. Otherwise you will feel a right nob when the bike is on its side on the drive.

And yes - the front switch has packed up.

Ooops hope there's not much damage to the pride and joy

My Nob of the day goes to the woman that parked across three disabled bays and the M/C parking bay in Kettering by the PO sorting office, that then said I need to learn to ride my bike when I revved the engine behind her to get her attention and to move, just so her little darling did not have to walk too far to get to her dance school

My Nob of the day goes to the woman that parked across three disabled bays and the M/C parking bay in Kettering by the PO sorting office, that then said I need to learn to ride my bike when I revved the engine behind her to get her attention and to move, just so her little darling did not have to walk too far to get to her dance school

Sometimes i think about getting a trials type bike in these situations, just imagine the look on their faces as you ride over their car :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I'd have got a few people together to block her in, and stayed there for a few hours :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

The woman who parked her van blocking line of sight from our drive on a blind bend. When I politely, very politely pointed out the problem she just said it was my fault for buying a house near her kid’s school. And waltzed off in pout.

Some people think the universe revolves around them.

Bit of an own goal though as I hold the land they need to build a car park on. I just need to know if parents are going to use it sensibly and courteously. I guess the answer is no.

With any luck something large will come round the blind bend and smack into her van. My memory of school carparks is that normally sane people turn into raving psychopaths at the drop of a hat. Politeness seems to vanish at the gate.

With any luck something large will come round the blind bend and smack into her van. My memory of school carparks is that normally sane people turn into raving psychopaths at the drop of a hat. Politeness seems to vanish at the gate.

Very true, the nursery my son goes to has parking for about 8 normal cars driven by ordinary people or 3 fiat 500/BMW mini SUV driven by panic eyed mothers.

Nob 1. The tanker driver approaching a roundabout in the left only lane who then cut across to go straight ahead taking out the front of my wife's car.

Nob 2. His manager who says that due to a technical hitch the dashcam footgage cut out just before the accident and is blank for that time. Really? - the guy who was the driver was all shouty and arsy until he'd checked in his cab and then suddenly got much more polite. I wonder what he saw there to change his mind?

Annoyingly our own dashcam broke a couple of weeks back and I haven't had time to replace it.

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

The driver of a black Audi driving from Upavon the Devizes Wiltshire today. Driving like a drunken tit, then to cap it all slams his brakes on and stops dead still on the exit of a roundabout (blocking the road for others to leave the roundabout) in Devizes centre so he could play with his satnav. Being on the bike I tooted at him then squeezed past. He completely ignored me (didn't even glance round) and kept playing with his satnav. At the next roundabout I looked in my mirrors and saw he was still sitting there with cars trying to get past and honking at him.

Nob 1. The tanker driver approaching a roundabout in the left only lane who then cut across to go straight ahead taking out the front of my wife's car.

Nob 2. His manager who says that due to a technical hitch the dashcam footgage cut out just before the accident and is blank for that time. Really? - the guy who was the driver was all shouty and arsy until he'd checked in his cab and then suddenly got much more polite. I wonder what he saw there to change his mind?

If the driver is being a twat . You can ask the police to seize the memory card and they have the tech to bring the footage back . If you tell them theres a crime on there and hes deleted it .... dangerous driving ..

I needed to nip up to our local pub after a funeral so jumped on the CBF, it's a mile up a steep hill.

I was wearing heavy duty shoes which are laced. Shoe lace catches in the strap mount on the rear of the bike so I go headfirst over the seat and end up hanging face down over the tank feeling like a proper numpty.

An update on a previous post..... I had some good news today. The tanker company have accepted liability and will cover the cost of repairs.

Today's rant - the person who booked an appointment with me that meant I had to ride 33 miles to be there, and when I got there they told me they'd decided to cancel but had forgot to tell me. Still, a nice ride in the sunshine all the same.

• 2 weeks later...

I nominate ME.

Riding home in heavy traffic my bike stalled, wouldn't restart. I forgot to put the stand down, ended up dropping the bike. Broken clutch lever and indicator lense.

I also nominate the impatient woman in an Audi who drove into me while I was picking up the broken parts.

Stall probably caused by blocked tank breather (popped n closed the cap and it's all good now.

Indicator glued and taped for now, lever on order.

My TDM is rough as fk, more battle scars a box full of action men, but keeps of going 👍

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rookie mistake. My wife's Citigo needed an oil change. It's horrible and wet so I used my vacuum oil drain to suck the oil out, bunged a new filter on, refilled with the exact amount of oil (3.4l) carefully measured - and it's overfull.

The sump must have something that prevents the suction pipe getting the last 1/4 of a litre oil out. First time I've done it on this. Should have put in 3 litres then checked the level.

so you now have a mixture of old and fresh oil in the gearbox :damn:

Gearbox? It was the engine oil. I change it every 5k so a bit of the old oil won't be a problem. It's really just to ensure there's fresh detergents in there. The oil is fully synthetic so the mileage doesn't do any harm.

• 2 months later...

This winter I started riding the bike to work, unless it was absolutely pissing it down its only 1.5 miles.

Since this post had been quite Last 3 days I have had people pull out in front of me on the way home...

It seems those that are out on the roads at this time are the knobheads...